Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the SEC schools would likely go bankrupt without football (just kidding of course....... I think......)
They would certainly be in financial trouble, but I think they'll have to deal with it because I think it's inevitable at this point that NCAA Sports are getting cancelled across the board. It's just a matter of when. Also, it's not like fans will be in attendance, so where are they even making money from?

They would certainly be in financial trouble, but I think they'll have to deal with it because I think it's inevitable at this point that NCAA Sports are getting cancelled across the board. It's just a matter of when. Also, it's not like fans will be in attendance, so where are they even making money from?

The SEC got $720m from TV last season, so big money to lose even without fans.

But for sure NCAA sports should be shut down for so many reasons. It's one thing for adult pros to choose to play, but it's entirely another thing for kids who don't get paid to be coerced into playing.

The SEC got $720m from TV last season, so big money to lose even without fans.

But for sure NCAA sports should be shut down for so many reasons. It's one thing for adult pros to choose to play, but it's entirely another thing for kids who don't get paid to be coerced into playing.
Forgot about TV, but idk, it seems like all conferences are on the brink of shutdown so i'm not sure they'll actually play. The fact that the NCAA is having to deal with players who are not employees is hurting them big time compared to professional sports leagues.

Very few people actually expect this Fall CFB season to happen at this point.

Forgot about TV, but idk, it seems like all conferences are on the brink of shutdown so i'm not sure they'll actually play. The fact that the NCAA is having to deal with players who are not employees is hurting them big time compared to professional sports leagues.

Very few people actually expect this Fall CFB season to happen at this point.
It’ll be a terrible look if they are the only conference who plays. There’s rumors they’re courting schools like Oklahoma and Texas to join the SEC for a one-year exception, but that will just generate even more bad blood.

WarnerMedia is laying off over 600 employees

Bring this up--as I feel it's important to bring up: DC is being eviscerated in it's comic's division, as DC Collectables is apparently now shuttered.

Wow, I mean guess it makes sense you can't really go to buy comic's but you'd think they could make more going all digital anyway

Wow, I mean guess it makes sense you can't really go to buy comic's but you'd think they could make more going all digital anyway

Here's the thing--the Editor in Chief apparently was also laid off in DC. So it may stem a bit larger than just "them going digital". It may stem from them trying to offset COVID, HBOMax's performance, and the merger of Time Warner and AT&T.

No-one, should be happy about this. And frankly it is concerning to hear how much of DC Comics itself is in the crossfire.

Borys (The Hollywood Reporter) did a great write-up of this hellish situation, as I feel extremely bad for comic artists and writers involved with DC, that will be laid off. And I hope they can get steady ground sooner than later.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
WarnerMedia is laying off over 600 employees

A lot of this is due to Kilar's influence; he's kind of a Tech Bro that wants to force "old media" companies to fit into the "new media" mold. From what I've heard from a few friends the financial situation is more being used as an excuse to pivot the division than anything else.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Just one small airport, but it's a good spotlight on what's happening....From Arnold Palmer Airport in Latrobe Pa...Spirit flights to Myrtle Beach SC range between
60 to 80% of capacity. Flights to Orlando & Ft. Lauderdale are at less than 50% of capacity. The airport had about 40% of passengers in 2020 July compared to 2019 July.
..........and Breaking News....Big Ten just postponed their season to the spring semester.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne

As a Cowboys fan (who lives in CT), oof. Then again, the NFL is a reflection of the USA itself. It lacks leadership at the top in the face of a pandemic and each individual 'unit' has been tasked with figuring out the entire daunting situation.

The NFL even has an easy out to disallow fans at games: it would provide a more substantial 'home field advantage' that would give some teams more of an edge than others.

Much of the country - including New York - can operate movie theaters now. NYC is now well into the phase that includes movie theaters.
Wow, then I guess just my state of CA is going to be wayyy behind. I can't see them opening anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.