Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: The Horrors of Blumhouse

They must have done a change on my walkthrough, unless I mistaken by by Red-Faced Demon, seeing how majority of the house was catered to Insidious, it'd make sense for that scene to feature the top 3 insidious characters in the franchise, which would be the demon, Keyface and the Lady.

I was Cast B in that room. Same characters for both casts: Key Face Demon (first and last scare), Baguul (second scare), Purge Girl (third and fifth scare), and Red Face Demon (fourth scare).

I was Cast B in that room. Same characters for both casts: Key Face Demon (first and last scare), Baguul (second scare), Purge Girl (third and fifth scare), and Red Face Demon (fourth scare).
That's pretty cool and interesting, must have been mistaken with the scare then, another note better ending than what we got with the second Horror of Blumhouse even though with last minute stuff, the house was better of the two.

That's pretty cool and interesting, must have been mistaken with the scare then, another note better ending than what we got with the second Horror of Blumhouse even though with last minute stuff, the house was better of the two.

Yeah HoB2 is one of the worst houses I’ve been through. It’s hard to compare the two since I was a cast member in HoB1, but ours really seemed to grow on people. HoB2 had better sets, but we had better scares and a lot of experienced scareactors who were very into their roles.

Yeah HoB2 is one of the worst houses I’ve been through. It’s hard to compare the two since I was a cast member in HoB1, but ours really seemed to grow on people. HoB2 had better sets, but we had better scares and a lot of experienced scareactors who were very into their roles.
I agree, the first portion of HOBH2 was just repetitive for HDD, Hollywood's first version of the series was better than this one, as First Purge, I looked at it as a continuation of the Purge house from 25.

I agree, the first portion of HOBH2 was just repetitive for HDD, Hollywood's first version of the series was better than this one, as First Purge, I looked at it as a continuation of the Purge house from 25.
It feels like they tried to have the same effect of HDD by doing that "groundhog day" approach and it just failed. I think the house picked up once you got to the Hospital segment of HDD.

It didn’t help that HDD was the most prominent part of that house in the same year that Halloween 4 was at the event and both have the same repetitive nature of the same scare used over and over with a bunch of the same character.

It feels like they tried to have the same effect of HDD by doing that "groundhog day" approach and it just failed. I think the house picked up once you got to the Hospital segment of HDD.
Exactly, I think Hollywood sorta did it better, granted they had black walls featured in their version of the maze but it still worked out.

Exactly, I think Hollywood sorta did it better, granted they had black walls featured in their version of the maze but it still worked out.
Aye, I think that Hollywood did it better (which is something I rarely say). I don't consider Blumhouse 2 to be a bad house by any means, but it was definitely the worst that year.

It didn’t help that HDD was the most prominent part of that house in the same year that Halloween 4 was at the event and both have the same repetitive nature of the same scare used over and over with a bunch of the same character.

I agree they could have done a lot better with Halloween 4, there were a lot of scenes they could have worked with more but I think it was just a space issue in how to do certain scenes, since it had hallways and what not, if they have used a better soundstage I think it would be a much better experience.