Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

I wonder what will go in this theater
A musical like Tangled or Aladdin?
Or maybe we get something like Mickey and the magical map

This is a weird one. Is it cancelled because it seems like there's only one source and I can't tell if other people have heard something similar from their own sources or are reporting that rumour and it's just adding fuel to the fire.

This is a weird one. Is it cancelled because it seems like there's only one source and I can't tell if other people have heard something similar from their own sources or are reporting that rumour and it's just adding fuel to the fire.

Right. Martin didn't really address it. And just because they're moving equipment doesn't necessarily mean it's off.

This is fishy as heck. How does this happen? How does it get this far just to die? Weird. Super weird.
I haven't heard that rumor yet, but it's not unprecedented for something to be announced, and even promoted, only to never be built.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-21-at-9.49.40-PM.png

496e95c0.png

etc etc

EDIT: Beat me to it!
Maybe they just moved it to the lot beside Copperfield's...

A bummer if true. This was actually the D23 announcement I was most looking forward to.....WDW Magic generally does not make front page announcements unless they have solid info, so it's probably true. Also, Marni commented and did not dispute the construction closing. Sad day.....Hopefully, the Epcot stuff is still online. Who knows though. :(

Last edited:
First rule of journalism: if the headline is a question, the answer is no. .I'll believe it when Disney announces it.

What is the source of this rumor?

Actually it really does and especially will once TRON opens.

WDW Tragic. Some guy that "knows people that work there" is the only one posting confirmation. Their first page article just says sources close to the project.

EDIT: Just saw Martin confirm and say to expect offical news soon. Damn.

I'll believe it when I hear it from Disney. There were many times in 2012-2013 when rumors all seemed to indicate that Pandora would be cancelled or replaced with something else.