New Theater at Magic Kingdom | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just updated my post. Didn't see recent comments. This seems legit now. But he is hinting they may be pivoting to a large capacity attraction, rather than a theater.

That sounds a bit more be believable. It’s a big plot of land in a prime location. The theatre sounds good but something better sounds possible.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just updated my post. Didn't see recent comments. This seems legit now. But he is hinting they may be pivoting to a large capacity attraction, rather than a theater.
I mean, if it's a swap out, then I guess that's fine, but I don't exactly trust that this will actually come to be.

If it does though, maybe Disney is realizing that TRON is going to cause a capacity nightmare in MK and they need a people-eater to balance things out. I'll believe it when I see it though (that the theatre is being replaced with something a different attraction).

Reactions: SeventyOne
What would that mean then for the DHS showbuilding?
I'm not saying it's happening. My thought is just, if they're putting something in Mainstreet that's not a theater, maybe it should have been the ride with Mickey Mouse and a GD train.

I think there's too much reading into Marni's post. He basically said a high capacity dark ride wasn't a hint, only something he thought they should have instead of the theater. From his comments, it seemed he didn't have any prior knowledge of this happening.....If I was to venture a guess, I would think it's more a bean counter thing. Probably to balance out some projects costing more than anticipated.

I think there's too much reading into Marni's post. He basically said a high capacity dark ride wasn't a hint, only something he thought they should have instead of the theater. From his comments, it seemed he didn't have any prior knowledge of this happening.....If I was to venture a guess, I would think it's more a bean counter thing. Probably to balance out some projects costing more than anticipated.
The thing is though, this is was likely going to be the cheapest addition they announced at D23, so it's not like they'll be saving a ton.

Reactions: jtsalien
The thing is though, this is was likely going to be the cheapest addition they announced at D23, so it's not like they'll be saving a ton.

Yeah this doesn't make sense as a cost cutting thing. Either something was found at the construction site or the money is being put towards something else.

Cheapest new attraction doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't expensive though. Everything new at Disney costs a good buck.

Yeah this doesn't make sense as a cost cutting thing. Either something was found at the construction site or the money is being put towards something else.
From what i'm seeing - construction walls went up, vehicles on site already - those seem to be the only two viable options. They either found that the land was unsuitable for construction or decided against the project for whatever reason.

They were incredibly close to all out beginning work on this project so something happened recently. Insiders seemed to be out of the loop on it too. Martin says he knows of other theatre concepts, but I agree with @Mad Dog that it seems his post about a ride was just people reading into it too much.

Same park, different plot of land.

This is sort of like Coco/UK Attraction. Kill one project to increase the budget of another. And I not talking about Tron.
The only thing I can think of that we know is on the table for MK is the Speedway/TRONway project, Stitch replacement, CoP update (updated final scene), and ???

I've heard of ride proposals for Tom Sawyer Island that range from a rapids ride to a coaster and imo Adventureland could use something, but i'm intrigued on what this could be if you're right.

Reactions: jtsalien