New Theater at Magic Kingdom | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only thing I can think of that we know is on the table for MK is the Speedway/TRONway project, Stitch replacement, CoP update (updated final scene), and ???

I've heard of ride proposals for Tom Sawyer Island that range from a rapids ride to a coaster and imo Adventureland could use something, but i'm intrigued on what this could be if you're right.

I know the WiR project died for Stitch. It's gotta be Tomorrowland or Adventureland, I think. Can't add another popular addition to Fantasyland without killing it.

The only thing I can think of that we know is on the table for MK is the Speedway/TRONway project, Stitch replacement, CoP update (updated final scene), and ???

I've heard of ride proposals for Tom Sawyer Island that range from a rapids ride to a coaster and imo Adventureland could use something, but i'm intrigued on what this could be if you're right.
Adventureland would balance Tron nicely.

Shhhh. You're high profile now. Remember how your Minions rumor got picked up as fact by another site. ;):)....Heh, wasn't there a Frontierland rumor floating around big time on Magic a couple of years ago?
Hehehe. Not my rumor though. Rumor was a new road under the train track between pirates and Splash would lead to a Pacific Island section of Adventureland with a Moana ride. Maybe the old fire mountain concept.

... Or a new Moana re-theme for the Tiki Birds. Both rumors surfaced around the same time last year.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Hehehe. Not my rumor though. Rumor was a new road under the train track between pirates and Splash would lead to a Pacific Island section of Adventureland with a Moana ride. Maybe the old fire mountain concept.

... Or a new Moana re-theme for the Tiki Birds. Both rumors surfaced around the same time last year.
Yes, I remember the rumors. They kind of died though when the movie didn't do the Frozen like numbers they were hoping for. Kind of like Coco's rise and fall.

Unpopular opinion time....put me on team not a mountain. I'm pretty mountain'd out in MK. Plus after all those years of speculating 7D was just meh. Not sure Fire/whatever you wanna call it now would be any better.
Maybe not a mountain, but I’d like a Moana ride of any type at the park.

I hope it's a dark ride and not a coaster tbh. I feel like Disney has been going to coasters as a crutch in recent years.

Something Moana would fit well, definitely. As much as i'd love to see Mystic Manor in Florida, we're going to have three other trackless rides debuting all within the span of a year and in the same park as Haunted Mansion, i'm not sure how well it would mesh.

If the plan is what I heard, most will be thrilled with the change.
Not a mountain.

Clone.

Interesting. This would certainly fit based on that criteria...
FE_Poster02.jpg

I hope it's a dark ride and not a coaster tbh. I feel like Disney has been going to coasters as a crutch in recent years.

Something Moana would fit well, definitely. As much as i'd love to see Mystic Manor in Florida, we're going to have three other trackless rides debuting all within the span of a year and in the same park as Haunted Mansion, i'm not sure how well it would mesh.

Hmmm....possible Adventureland-y clones would be
  • Indiana Jones Adventure (unlikely due to Dinosaur)
  • Mystic Manor (unlikely due to your reasoning)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
  • Crush Coaster (not a great fit, but wouldn't be the first time)
Fantasyland could be
  • Beauty and the Beast
That was harder than I expected it to be :lol:

Reactions: Disneyhead
2 different pitches for that IP. Neither at MK.

I believe you've said DHS and AK, correct?

Based on the fact Disneyhead said clone, i'm going with either Indy or Mystic Manner. Only two that make sense.

To be honest, the only one that makes sense is ironically Mystic Manor for Adventureland, depending on if Indy is going elsewhere..

Would shanghai Pirates with a different IP be considered a clone?

Actually, and I know that's not what's happening cause people would flip, but I think I'd like it if WDW could get a copy of Shanghai Pirates and retheme the existing Pirates to Moana.

Reactions: Joel
The guessing game is quite fun...... But I wish the theater was still in the plans.Nice to have a change of pace in the touring day....Dave(Disneyhead) has so much info that he keeps under his hat. We need to take up a collection, send him on another Islands rum cruise, and pry him for information. ;):lol:

Reactions: Alicia