Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2019 Hurricane Thread

Do you think they would cancel the cast preview of HHN on Wednesday... Things should be fine by opening night right?

I have until early Sunday to cancel my reservation for Wednesday and I already sent an email to UO regarding my horror nights tickets for next Saturday in case we are impacted down here.

Was able to go get gas last night around 11pm near my house, waited all of 5 minutes pretty much. Got water earlier this week and most of my supplies little by little the last couple of days instead of one big panic buy.

I'm still confident I'll only really see TS winds in my area where I live, but storms are finicky as you know, just hoping it turns north offshore and avoids everyone.

Do you think they would cancel the cast preview of HHN on Wednesday... Things should be fine by opening night right?

I would say so because depending on when it turns north, it'll be in the Orlando area at that time.

I have until early Sunday to cancel my reservation for Wednesday and I already sent an email to UO regarding my horror nights tickets for next Saturday in case we are impacted down here.

Was able to go get gas last night around 11pm near my house, waited all of 5 minutes pretty much. Got water earlier this week and most of my supplies little by little the last couple of days instead of one big panic buy.

I'm still confident I'll only really see TS winds in my area where I live, but storms are finicky as you know, just hoping it turns north offshore and avoids everyone.

During Irma, my family and I evacuated to Orlando and Universal was incredibly accommodating across the board. Cancellation periods were waived, stays extended, and generally great service.

During Irma, my family and I evacuated to Orlando and Universal was incredibly accommodating across the board. Cancellation periods were waived, stays extended, and generally great service.
There is no better evac spot than the theme parks...I felt completely safe and welcomed during Charlie, which ironically avoided the Tampa area which is was slated for

I live in the southeast area where it’s most likely to make landfall. I have an Airbnb for Sunday to Monday in Orlando, but should I cancel or extend my stay? It says it’ll most likely be downgraded to a Cat 1 by the time it reaches the middle of the state.

I was in Richmond, va for Isabel. It was a weak 1 or strong TS when it got to us, pretty far inland, and some folks I worked with didn’t have power for a month.

My wife and I decided after living through that if we ever had another one, even a cat 1, we were out of there.

No potable water for about a week, we were all “bathing” in the apartment complex pool every morning. It was wild.

We got power back in 24 hours but we were across from the “rich” mall and retail hub area with Saks and all that.

I was in Richmond, va for Isabel. It was a weak 1 or strong TS when it got to us, pretty far inland, and some folks I worked with didn’t have power for a month.

My wife and I decided after living through that if we ever had another one, even a cat 1, we were out of there.

No potable water for about a week, we were all “bathing” in the apartment complex pool every morning. It was wild.

We got power back in 24 hours but we were across from the “rich” mall and retail hub area with Saks and all that.

Short Pump area?

The 2 pm advisory still had the entire state of Florida in the cone, but most of the models had it making landfall somewhere around the Martin / St. Lucie County border and then going up the state.

I'm down in Jupiter, FL and most places are out of water and the lines for gas are pretty nuts. Still have a couple days before this b*tch gets here...

Best bet is to call the resort. There are probably special arrangements in place for weather.

I already called and they didn't really help as the rep only knew about cancelling a trip, not changing the days. I wanted to know if anyone else is/has been in a similar situation.