Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't they already have a Shamu one?

From Wiki
The first aircraft to be painted in the "Shamu" scheme was N334SW (1988), a 737–300, and it was later followed by N507SW (Shamu II) and N501SW (Shamu III), both 737-500s. Subsequent to the retirement of Southwest's 737-200s, the 737-500s began to stay within a smaller geographic area formerly operated by the 737-200s, and as such, Sea World was no longer getting the optimal national exposure from these two aircraft. Two 737–700 aircraft, N713SW and N715SW, were repainted as the new Shamu aircraft, and both N501SW and N507SW were eventually repainted in canyon blue colors. All three current Shamu aircraft are no longer referred to as Shamu I, II, or III. The artwork on the nose of each aircraft simply states "Shamu". The overhead bins on the −700 series aircraft display ads for Sea World, except towards the front and back of the airplane, where the bins get smaller and are no longer uniform.

cant-tell-if-sincere-or-just-being-sarcastic.jpg

From Wiki
The first aircraft to be painted in the "Shamu" scheme was N334SW (1988), a 737–300, and it was later followed by N507SW (Shamu II) and N501SW (Shamu III), both 737-500s. Subsequent to the retirement of Southwest's 737-200s, the 737-500s began to stay within a smaller geographic area formerly operated by the 737-200s, and as such, Sea World was no longer getting the optimal national exposure from these two aircraft. Two 737–700 aircraft, N713SW and N715SW, were repainted as the new Shamu aircraft, and both N501SW and N507SW were eventually repainted in canyon blue colors. All three current Shamu aircraft are no longer referred to as Shamu I, II, or III. The artwork on the nose of each aircraft simply states "Shamu". The overhead bins on the −700 series aircraft display ads for Sea World, except towards the front and back of the airplane, where the bins get smaller and are no longer uniform.

Thanks HTF. I guess I could have done this search. I was about 99% sure they still had them, but it has been about a year or more since I have seen it. I don't travel down 528 nearly as much as I used to.

Thanks HTF. I guess I could have done this search. I was about 99% sure they still had them, but it has been about a year or more since I have seen it. I don't travel down 528 nearly as much as I used to.

No problem I knew most of it but I had to make sure. Unfortunately I have to travel down 528 every now and then and all I fly is Southwest.

I only fly Southwest too, but haven't flown as much since the kids have been born. I have never been on a shamu plane or seen one on the ground. I used to have to drive 528 every day for work, but now I work from home. I live off of 528 & 417, but we take 417 more these days to get places.

^^^ Of course they are, they went public, they have to keep a brave happy face on for their stockholders.

This is no indication of what they really think about it.

3 weeks paid vacation (think 15th year it will be 4), 2 weeks Christmas bonus (can use one week for vacation if u want), 6 paid holidays (not the day off, of course, retail mgmnt..just extra money on check).... "Paternity leave"? Only if you want to use one of your 3-4 weeks..HTF I'm definitely in the wrong field haha..
And on topic, STILL haven't made it out to SW to check this attraction out

3 weeks paid vacation (think 15th year it will be 4), 2 weeks Christmas bonus (can use one week for vacation if u want), 6 paid holidays (not the day off, of course, retail mgmnt..just extra money on check).... "Paternity leave"? Only if you want to use one of your 3-4 weeks..HTF I'm definitely in the wrong field haha..
And on topic, STILL haven't made it out to SW to check this attraction out

Retail? What company? Just curious. PM me if need be please.

Went to Seaworld for a few hours today. Antarctica was closed the entire day. One of the ride ops said it would be closed tomorrow as well for "maintenance." The viewing exhibit was still open though; 30 minute wait for that.

In other news all the costumed characters were doing the Harlem shake at the entrance on our way out.

Hmm, weird, I went yesterday and rode it, seemed to be up all day. I don't see where the hate is coming from on this ride. I thought it was kind of fun. Sure the story is kind of dumb, Puck slides around on ice (you) and then all of a sudden is an adult. But my first thought at the end was the extreme lack of space. You never go far from the boarding area at all. And then I thought of the small plaza that they made into it's own zone, and when you take into consideration the size of the Penguin Encounter building and think they fit a queue, a ride, and an exhibit into it, it kind of shows their hand was forced to make them spin around in the same room for a bit. Still, the spinning around had me smiling and I'm sure kids like it. Not saying it was a great ride, but not the complete failure everyone called the zone just because the ride was mediocre. Just my opinion.