Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So with this now officially opening this weekend, we'll now have TWO new rides to choose from. So if we got to USF hoping for softs for TF with no luck, we can just hop over to SW & at least ride this. Either way, alot to look forward to over the next couple of months. I got to see a free screening of Fast 6 last week, & I cant wait for Hangover 4. Never has been there a surge of new movies AND rides to all happen at the same time of year, if ever. This summer is gonna be 1 of the best in a long while!!!

So with this now officially opening this weekend, we'll now have TWO new rides to choose from. So if we got to USF hoping for softs for TF with no luck, we can just hop over to SW & at least ride this. Either way, alot to look forward to over the next couple of months. I got to see a free screening of Fast 6 last week, & I cant wait for Hangover 4. Never has been there a surge of new movies AND rides to all happen at the same time of year, if ever. This summer is gonna be 1 of the best in a long while!!!
Don't forget White Lightning and Freedom Flyer. While it's no Antarctica or Transformers a small footprint GCI "woodie" is still a very cool addition to the Orlando Attractions Roster.

Thanks for posting those pics, Fun! :thumbs: Looks great! Looking forward to seeing this Saturday! I fear I'm gonna be among huge crowds with this just grand opened, coupled with the fact that it's Memorial Day weekend. But it'll be worth it, though :thumbs:
Have Fun. I have to enjoy Antarctica later this summer as we will kick of an extensive Denver to San Diego Slalom road trip his Friday, inlcuding 15 National parks, the new Aquatica San Diego and several of the LA parks.

Last edited:
From @BennettSpack:

@Orlando_United No [HASHTAG]#Antarctica[/HASHTAG] soft opening today.

SeaWorld management said Antarctica softs possible tomorrow after media preview.

From what I've heard it sounds like they started setting up for the press events with catering tables and such.

You are correct. Setting up for media events.

Here is a picture. Looks like they are setting up for opening day ceremony.
W6VobXX.jpg

Here is the overflow queue for opening day. It extends all the way down to the end of Pacific Point Preserve.

qZ1nBjQ.jpg

Team Member is now posted outside of the realm giving out information. (Simple info such as opening date and brief description about the realm)
qwBH4II.jpg

Close up view of the new sign posted in front of both realm entrances
SwL4edN.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fun
I should be on the ride in about 12-14 hours! So excited!

I don't want to spoil it for myself but if you can tell us how long the ride is once it's up, I'd appreciate it. :)

Yeah I'll wait to watch after I ride, no point in waiting this long to spoil it now.

I haven't really been paying attetion the last few pages, so correct me if i'm wrong. Softs are supposed to be happening tomorrow?