Attendance Tracker | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went a couple weeks ago, end of June, safari went off with under 12 guests each time I rode. Most previous WDW bartenders and a lot of servers (3 from ESPN alone) have bailed on Tiffins/Nomad and begged to go back to their old jobs. (Not exclusively a nighttime thing but clearly that was intended to be a classy, evening kind of place, and it's been dead). Even the bloggers have written Jungle Book off.

You can't will something into being a nighttime park when conventional wisdom says it isn't. Not completely a knock on Disney, Universal going to learn this the hard way with Volcano Bay in 2017. That said, I'm sure shrinking guest numbers haven't helped.

Not when it's missing the nighttime show that was meant to help user it being open along with Avatar that's suppose to stun at dark . I would have loved to ride Expedition Everest and Kali at Night along with a safari. I love well done parks at night. I love Silver Dollar City at Night, WDW at night, coasters are better at night, even Snow White's dud.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I got to be honest, the wife and I have looked at the school calender for in service days looking to spring a 3 or 4 day trip to LA to take in DL, DCA and USH due to the lower numbers that appear to be happening.

Not when it's missing the nighttime show that was meant to help user it being open along with Avatar that's suppose to stun at dark . I would have loved to ride Expedition Everest and Kali at Night along with a safari. I love well done parks at night. I love Silver Dollar City at Night, WDW at night, coasters are better at night, even Snow White's dud.

I'm with you on theme parks at night--Jaws was a completely different experience, even Kang & Kodos is fun at HHN--but you really think the generic-parade sounding "Rivers of Light" would do more to pull in John Q Public than a nighttime show based on a classic movie that just had a hit remake?

I'm with you on theme parks at night--Jaws was a completely different experience, even Kang & Kodos is fun at HHN--but you really think the generic-parade sounding "Rivers of Light" would do more to pull in John Q Public than a nighttime show based on a classic movie that just had a hit remake?
If they're already at DAK for Avatar then I don't see why not (we are talking next year right...?)

And wasn't Rivers of Light initially intended to be an Electrical Parade?

There's an excellent & extremely interesting article on Mice Age today talking about major re organizations and layoffs last Thursday. The article emphasized the One Disney mgt. model is now dead and the two resorts won't be tied together on rides & expansion projects. The article emphasized that TDO has constantly vetoed projects that would have cost more than they wanted to pay. An example they talk about in depth was the proposed third ride for SWL (that sounds really interesting). TDO will no longer be able to veto dual projects. Anyway, it's a very long & informative article. A must read. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
There's an excellent & extremely interesting article on Mice Age today talking about major re organizations and layoffs last Thursday. The article emphasized the One Disney mgt. model is now dead and the two resorts won't be tied together on rides & expansion projects. The article emphasized that TDO has constantly vetoed projects that would have cost more than they wanted to pay. An example they talk about in depth was the proposed third ride for SWL (that sounds really interesting). TDO will no longer be able to veto dual projects. Anyway, it's a very long & informative article. A must read. :thumbsup:
If true, then HALLELUJAH.

One Disney has been a terrible idea from it's inception.

Love an 'Armchair Themepark Manager' Thread :horse:

Was in Orlando this weekend. WDW Fri/Sat and UOR on Sun. Epcot, DHS, and DAK were dead as a doornail. Waited 1/2 an hour for Frozen and NuSoarin'. Walked right on to Safaris. MK was busier, but still more pleasant than I've ever seen it in July. When you walk out of Splash and that area between Splash and Thunder is a pleasant stroll not filled with dodging the incoming tourist army you know there aren't many people there.

UOR felt the opposite. Slammed with people and longer waits. UOR may still be down compared to last summer, but it certainly felt like they're weathering a tough summer far better than the Mouse. I had never seen so many people at IoA past 6 PM than I did on Sunday. Might be time to pull the trigger on a night show.

No, I meant this Summer. RoL/JB, would've had same result turning DAK into a "nighttime" park.
Gotcha. DAK is still open until 11 for the rest of the summer, although I think attendance at night is incredibly low.

Also, kinda weird, I checked the park hours and on Thursday, MK is only open from 8-10 (first time i've seen MK close that early in a long time), making DAK the park open the latest. Since DAK opened, has that EVER happened? It being the park open latest?

Was in Orlando this weekend. WDW Fri/Sat and UOR on Sun. Epcot, DHS, and DAK were dead as a doornail. Waited 1/2 an hour for Frozen and NuSoarin'. Walked right on to Safaris. MK was busier, but still more pleasant than I've ever seen it in July. When you walk out of Splash and that area between Splash and Thunder is a pleasant stroll not filled with dodging the incoming tourist army you know there aren't many people there.

UOR felt the opposite. Slammed with people and longer waits. UOR may still be down compared to last summer, but it certainly felt like they're weathering a tough summer far better than the Mouse. I had never seen so many people at IoA past 6 PM than I did on Sunday. Might be time to pull the trigger on a night show.
I'm not saying this to be a contrarian, but genuinely asking - Do you think the loss of Hulk, Twister, Disaster and Beetlejuice for this summer is making crowds seem more dense than usual? More people on the street? Higher than average wait times?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm not saying this to be a contrarian, but genuinely asking - Do you think the loss of Hulk, Twister, Disaster and Beetlejuice for this summer is making crowds seem more dense than usual? More people on the street? Higher than average wait times?
With Kong open that offsets the loss of Hulk in IOA. The situation in US is a good point to keep in mind.

I mean, even if Hulk is closed for now, they have a giant new E-ticket open that kind of replaces it. So assuming Kong = Hulk for crowd comparisons, IoA still felt abnormally busy.

I spent far less time in USF, but I have a hard time believing the loss of Disaster or BJ have affected much considering how empty both of them always were whenever I rode them. I could see Twister having an effect.

Whether it is due to closures or not, UOR still felt more alive. The Disney parks minus the MK felt like a random, non-peak spring or fall day rather than the middle of July.

Reactions: Nick
I mean, even if Hulk is closed for now, they have a giant new E-ticket open that kind of replaces it. So assuming Kong = Hulk for crowd comparisons, IoA still felt abnormally busy.

I spent far less time in USF, but I have a hard time believing the loss of Disaster or BJ have affected much considering how empty both of them always were whenever I rode them. I could see Twister having an effect.

Whether it is due to closures or not, UOR still felt more alive. The Disney parks minus the MK felt like a random, non-peak spring or fall day rather than the middle of July.
Disneyland isn't much more crowded. I had been there over July 4th week and honestly i've never experienced such low crowds at Disney parks in July. Nevermind the 3rd and 4th being the slowest days of the trip (of course that was mostly because of AP blackouts).

Not in the same class as Cedar Fair parks, but our local park (Kennywood)closed early on Friday because it was so dead. I've never seen that happen before for a non weather related early closing in the middle of July. My nephew was there & he said everything was a walk on all day. Generally summer lines at Kennywood, especially coasters, are real long. They gave them passes for another day due to the early close. ...Just anecdotal evidence, but kind of telling since it is so rare.