Attendance Tracker | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For what it is, USH is at the point where rumors are starting to come out that their premium passes will have Gate A (And i'm not talking about the Tram, the entire park) and their Gold passes will start to have Parking added to it.

I think that things could get interesting in terms of how they handle pricing for the future for any park in general.
What's Gate A?:)

Yep, ALL blackout dates have been lifted for the summer, for Power Pass, Florida residents, and Team Members.

This is great, attendance is flat or down day to day from last year. I worry about Disney not being quick enough to respond. Standing stoically on the Titanic as it goes down doesn't mean everything is ok.

Also as a small update ADRs are becoming harder to book this fall compared to this summer. Seems like fall will be flat or increased attendance at WDW.

Yep, ALL blackout dates have been lifted for the summer, for Power Pass, Florida residents, and Team Members.
This indicates that UO is not immune to the slowdown in park attendance. Still, it does not look like they are having the problems that Sea World and WDW are having.

Anyone know what WDW hotel occupancy rates look like this summer?

If they are flat or slightly down but in seeing how Disney is down more perhaps they are doing this to get a surge of attendance from locals to try and pile on possible percentage gains vs Disney in attendance. Then you can go to investors and be like although attendance was flat our investment has still allowed us to gain market share.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
If they are flat or slightly down but in seeing how Disney is down more perhaps they are doing this to get a surge of attendance from locals to try and pile on possible percentage gains vs Disney in attendance. Then you can go to investors and be like although attendance was flat our investment has still allowed us to gain market share.
Blackout dates are there to keep parks from getting too crowded. If they aren't too crowded might as well let them in, especially if they spend money. Boosting numbers is a nice bonus.

Orlando Informer is reporting Universal Orlando has lifted the blackout dates on regular Team Member complimentary tickets for the rest of summer.

They also say that UO hotels have been consistently over 95% occupancy for the summer.

Reactions: anihilnation
Orlando Informer is reporting Universal Orlando has lifted the blackout dates on regular Team Member complimentary tickets for the rest of summer.

They also say that UO hotels have been consistently over 95% occupancy for the summer.
I don't get these two sentences being together. How can they be at 95% occupancy with a brand new and a new-ish hotel and not be completely packed in the park? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that they lifted Blackouts, I'm just having trouble seeing these two things right next to each other.

Reactions: martymcflyy85

Of course WDW said they planned to drop the numbers in search of the better guest experience. Lets see spend per guest day numbers, those are the ones that count.

I don't get these two sentences being together. How can they be at 95% occupancy with a brand new and a new-ish hotel and not be completely packed in the park? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that they lifted Blackouts, I'm just having trouble seeing these two things right next to each other.
I agree they seem contradictory. All I can says is blackouts lifted speaks to attendance. High occupancy speaks to Universal getting more of the guest dollars, meaning better profits. This last part helps ensure expansion even if attendance sags for a while.

I would always rather see good and bad news for UO rather than all bad.

I agree they seem contradictory. All I can says is blackouts lifted speaks to attendance. High occupancy speaks to Universal getting more of the guest dollars, meaning better profits. This last part helps ensure expansion even if attendance sags for a while.

I would always rather see good and bad news for UO rather than all bad.

I'm pretty sure they lift blackout dates early almost every year.

They have, what, 3000 rooms now? Assume it's 4 people per room, 12000 a night. USF can fit at least four times that into the park.

Reactions: SeventyOne