Attendance Tracker | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I was in California, I went to Knott's and it felt pretty busy. Of course a lot of their coasters have incredibly small capacities causing those waits, but I was still able to ride every coaster in the park that day and leave 2 hours before closing.

Gringotts hasn't had extended downtimes for a long time. It's very reliable.
Yeah, when looking at posted times I rarely see it's down....On the other hand, 7 Dwarfs Coaster, which isn't really much of a technical marvel (oops, they can't use that word at Disney:)) like Gringotts, has tons of down time.

There's an excellent & extremely interesting article on Mice Age today talking about major re organizations and layoffs last Thursday. The article emphasized the One Disney mgt. model is now dead and the two resorts won't be tied together on rides & expansion projects. The article emphasized that TDO has constantly vetoed projects that would have cost more than they wanted to pay. An example they talk about in depth was the proposed third ride for SWL (that sounds really interesting). TDO will no longer be able to veto dual projects. Anyway, it's a very long & informative article. A must read. :thumbsup:
There were some attendance and profit quotes from this article that are worth reading from this article.

The entire Parks division has seen operating profit increase by 20% compared to last year, but almost all of that is due to increased overall attendance and soaring profit in Anaheim. Michael was diplomatic but very clear in explaining that the other parks around the world have had either flat or slightly lower attendance for the year, with weak earnings at the other properties.

But the Anaheim property has roared through the 60th Anniversary with record crowds and increased spending by those crowds. Anaheim’s Resort District has added 2,000 new hotel rooms in the last 15 months (Great Wolf Lodge, Courtyard Mariott, Holiday Inn, Hyatt House, Marriott Springhill and others), with additional hotel projects currently under construction, and occupancy at the 22,000 hotel rooms now within the Resort District remains at an all-time high. (It’s hard to find a vacancy at the Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel this summer on Expedia.) The impact to Disneyland is record numbers of domestic and foreign tourists in 2016 spending big bucks. So, while “peak” days may seem less crowded, those guest days have moved to alternate days and increased the total overall attendance, spending and profit.

Michael tactfully explained that not only has the Anaheim property been carrying the entire Parks division for the past year, but that Chairman Bob Chapek and the company’s Board of Directors have taken particular notice of Anaheim’s stellar financial performance.

WDW used to be the big moneymaker for the parks division and Disney as a whole. Not any more apparently. Here is the link if you want to read the article for yourself.

Disneyland Rumor Update - Marvel Land and Tower RethemeMiceChat

^Yeah, I was one of those who traveled to Anaheim, stayed in the Grand Californian, and spent 4+ days in the DLR parks. They can thank their efforts for the 60th anniversary including the new fireworks show, new parade, new World of Color show, Hyperspace Mountain, etc that got me there.

Meanwhile, I haven't stepped foot in a WDW park this year yet I've been in Orlando twice. :lol:

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
Meanwhile, I haven't stepped foot in a WDW park this year yet I've been in Orlando twice. :lol:

I used to go once a month with an AP. Now I do the Halloween Party once a year plus maybe one other park one day if my brother wants someone to go with him. Otherwise we are both happy with our OU APs. I do miss my Sea World AP. Next time I see an out of state deal on one I will jump on it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Aquatica was packed on Monday until the storms hit. The bigger raft ride was all the way down to the entrance and the line crawled. Quick queue sold out before 11:45. I was shocked. We did Disney water parks last summer on a weekday and it was crowded but not like this. You could wait 15 minutes and get on stuff. This was like an hour wait for some things. Crazy busy. Then the storms hit for 4 hours, everyone left, and everything was a walk on for the last 1 1/2 hours. Sucked we got to do nothing for so long though.

But Sea world on Saturday seemed dead.

What is it's capacity like? Typical wait times this time of year? When I was there last year I swear it was 120 an hour after opening.
Gringott's average wait time has been 45 to 60 minutes this month.....I've read various accounts of it's capacity placing it in the vicinity of 1800 to 2400 an hr. Those are large capacity numbers.

Aquatica was packed on Monday until the storms hit. The bigger raft ride was all the way down to the entrance and the line crawled. Quick queue sold out before 11:45. I was shocked. We did Disney water parks last summer on a weekday and it was crowded but not like this. You could wait 15 minutes and get on stuff. This was like an hour wait for some things. Crazy busy. Then the storms hit for 4 hours, everyone left, and everything was a walk on for the last 1 1/2 hours. Sucked we got to do nothing for so long though.

But Sea world on Saturday seemed dead.

TWICE already this year I've attempted to get to Aquatica but the traffic just to get into the park was atrocious and I can see the lines from the street growing for the slides. The first time was Memorial Day and the second time was this past Sunday. Is it that 2 for $99 ticket that's bringing people in droves?

Reactions: SeventyOne
TWICE already this year I've attempted to get to Aquatica but the traffic just to get into the park was atrocious and I can see the lines from the street growing for the slides. The first time was Memorial Day and the second time was this past Sunday. Is it that 2 for $99 ticket that's bringing people in droves?

I don't know, but it was crazy busy. Hoping in September it dies down, I would like to take both my kids with my husband there to get more out of our AP.

Looking at the EPCOT/GotG threads has me realizing something has lit a fire under WDW. Big money is being spent on DAK and DHS and now possibly EPCOT. This after over a decade of being cheap on development to maximize short term profits.

Can it be that the present numbers did not look good and future projections even worse? Maybe the only thing that motivates WDW is hitting their profits. Too bad any effect these new projects will have will be years off. Makes you wonder how bad the next couple of years could be for WDW. Anaheim might have divorced WDW in part to avoid sharing any potential blame or taint.

Reactions: Ultranel
Looking at the EPCOT/GotG threads has me realizing something has lit a fire under WDW. Big money is being spent on DAK and DHS and now possibly EPCOT. This after over a decade of being cheap on development to maximize short term profits.

Can it be that the present numbers did not look good and future projections even worse? Maybe the only thing that motivates WDW is hitting their profits. Too bad any effect these new projects will have will be years off. Makes you wonder how bad the next couple of years could be for WDW. Anaheim might have divorced WDW in part to avoid sharing any potential blame or taint.

A lot of what we're seeing now has been a long time coming. If you're wanting to point the finger at the single event that made this possible, it's Potter.

Reactions: Mad Dog
A lot of what we're seeing now has been a long time coming. If you're wanting to point the finger at the single event that made this possible, it's Potter.

Yea, I don't agree with that at all. Potter's been open for 6 years. If this was a response to that it would have happened 5 years ago.

What we're seeing is the panicked reaction of a resort realizing it has rested on its laurels for far too long.

Yea, I don't agree with that at all. Potter's been open for 6 years. If this was a response to that it would have happened 5 years ago.

What we're seeing is the panicked reaction of a resort realizing it has rested on its laurels for far too long.

I think Potter exceeded everybody's expectations and Diagon Alley even more so. I think Disney wasn't feeling too threatened about it until the momentum didn't stop. Even if Disney waited until Diagon to see what the effects would be, they still need to develop a plan before construction starts and Disney moves slow.

There are obviously a lot more factors at work here but I think around 2009 is where this story starts.

For what it is, USH is at the point where rumors are starting to come out that their premium passes will have Gate A (And i'm not talking about the Tram, the entire park) and their Gold passes will start to have Parking added to it.

I think that things could get interesting in terms of how they handle pricing for the future for any park in general.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts