Attendance Tracker | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, apply the same math. Still doesn't fill up one park, let alone two. That's why you can have filled rooms and parks still be under projections.
I don't disagree. And like you, I don't tie the two together completely, though they are indicators. I was just correcting the on site room numbers. But, like Jungle Skip also said, they usually lift those blackouts in the summer, so I don't give much value to that factor.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I usually wouldn't post a link with such a clickbait title, but I think this is super interesting. It's from the CEO of Foursquare, which has all kinds of location data.

EDIT: Just saw that I was totally beaten to posting this

Yea, I don't agree with that at all. Potter's been open for 6 years. If this was a response to that it would have happened 5 years ago.

What we're seeing is the panicked reaction of a resort realizing it has rested on its laurels for far too long.
I think it has a lot to do with people realizing they don't need Disney at all to have a good vacation in Orlando anymore. The other options are no longer a side item to Disney and can be a vacation in themselves. Universal especially with the new hotels and water park can take up a few days and sea world even with their problems is a really compelling addition for the value. No one is going to add a Disney day for a $165 park hopper and not as many with the variable single park pricing.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Apparently Universal is getting a higher percentage of "millennials" (and their disposable income) all the time: Universal Theme Parks Have the Magic Formula for Millennials Says Foursquare – Skift
I spend a lot on amusement parks. But I also worked in them. I wonder if it has to do in part by the rise of technology and shorter attention spans of younger generations. I am totally bored on vacations when relaxing is the main draw. Being dropped in a place with constant variety and entertainment is a big deal.

Also could have something to do with the "selfie" type of people who need to brag on social media posting in interesting locations, but I always would rather go on more rides with my time.

Ok, apply the same math. Still doesn't fill up one park, let alone two. That's why you can have filled rooms and parks still be under projections.
It amazes me that people actually are itching to spend more money on vacation packages for official accommodations and tat an increase in these seems to mean magic money appears. I always priceline partner hotels for 60 per night which has been decent hotel rooms. But hey If people want it I say build it. I'll spend less and they can fund the new attractions.

I think it has a lot to do with people realizing they don't need Disney at all to have a good vacation in Orlando anymore.
6431190e9c6b1c8f9f194d90278113ca.jpg

Reactions: Ultranel and UNIrd
Apparently Universal is getting a higher percentage of "millennials" (and their disposable income) all the time: Universal Theme Parks Have the Magic Formula for Millennials Says Foursquare – Skift

It doesn't surprise me. Look at the IP lineups. Until Star Wars comes around, Disney really hasn't built anything for the millennial generation.

It amazes me that people actually are itching to spend more money on vacation packages for official accommodations and tat an increase in these seems to mean magic money appears. I always priceline partner hotels for 60 per night which has been decent hotel rooms. But hey If people want it I say build it. I'll spend less and they can fund the new attractions.

I think staying on property makes an ENORMOUS difference in the experience, IMO. Not saying you can't have a good time staying off property, but I always recommend to friends and family that they stay on property at Universal and at Disney.