Attendance Tracker | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I live just a couple of miles form Disney and Universal (right next to SeaWorld) and I just don't go in July and August unless I have a really good reason. It's too hot and too crowded. Can't wait fro September and moderating temperatures and lower crowds...

What I find interesting is that the "Disney Kids" from the '70s-'89 are preferring the Universal product to the modern Disney product. I find more "Disney Magic" at UOR than at Disney's Magic Kingdom.

Disney taught me EVERYTHING I know about themed entertainment and destination theme park resort vacations and in Florida, Universal is kicking their ass.

My ranking of the destination theme park resorts goes:

1. DLR
2. UOR
3. WDW
4. Cedar Point
Cedar Point and WDW ahead of TDLR?

The Olympics run August 5-21. Anyone remember how the Olympics affected attendance four years ago?
307CF6E300000578-0-image-a-11_1453512595180.jpg

There will be all sorts of good information, but since this thread was about attendance I only mentioned it. I love following live tweets as the calls are going on.
Universal doesn't always mention attendance, sometimes though. But they always give a revenue number. Yeah, I enjoy watching it too.

The Olympics run August 5-21. Anyone remember how the Olympics affected attendance four years ago?
307CF6E300000578-0-image-a-11_1453512595180.jpg

I can't speak for actual numbers but I worked at MK that summer and it certainly felt 'business as usual' (attendance predictions were certainly met every shift I was there). If there was an impact, it certainly didn't feel like it. There was one day in August that a storm came through and the park was practically empty, but nothing else memorable.

This year, start of Olympics basically coincides with end of Orlando Summer season. Florida schools go back very early this year, that's the #1 market, and rest of country will follow suit before Labor Day.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Since length of ride lines has been steadily increasing even though there has been an attendance drop at WDW resorts, Touring Plans will be making significant changes to their WDW crowd calendar starting for the 2017 year (they will also be making some adjustments to their present WDW calendar starting August 1, 2016). From TP, "Our suspicion is that staff cuts and reduced capacity are the explanation for higher wait times"....TP said they were only making a few tweeks to the Disneyland & Universal Orlando crowd levels since they seem basically OK.

Since length of ride lines has been steadily increasing even though there has been an attendance drop at WDW resorts, Touring Plans will be making significant changes to their WDW crowd calendar starting for the 2017 year (they will also be making some adjustments to their present WDW calendar starting August 1, 2016). From TP, "Our suspicion is that staff cuts and reduced capacity are the explanation for higher wait times"....TP said they were only making a few tweeks to the Disneyland & Universal Orlando crowd levels since they seem basically OK.
I've lost count of the number of times TP has shown the weekly charts with WDW crowds as expected but UO underperformed.

I've lost count of the number of times TP has shown the weekly charts with WDW crowds as expected but UO underperformed.
Yeah, TP's WDW crowd levels have been really off this past 12 months, since Sept. 2015. They had a lot of disgruntled people voicing concerns on the threads since almost every day at WDW was coming in at a 8, 9 or 10 crowd level regardless of the season or real attendance. It was just a matter of time until TP fixed it to reflect the longer lines at WDW due to staff and attraction cuts. Many of us speculated that was the real reason for the long lines there..... Concerning Universal, their crowd levels have usually been equal or higher than last year's crowds. It's mostly that TP 2016 summer "predictions" were way too rosy and optimistic. As an example, back in the late winter/early spring TP had Universal summer crowds in the 6, 7 & 8 overall level range for most days, which is consistent with past summers. For some reason, I think it happened around April, TP changed their summer projections to 9 and 10's for nearly every summer day. Of course, that was way too optimistic. Universal is hitting or surpassing those original levels but not hitting the 9's and 10's at IOA, though Studio's is at or close to those numbers daily, with only the very minor kiddy rides not hitting 8, 9's and 10's.