Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Not So Scary was easily the busiest party so far last night, and I read HHN more crowded as well.
Maybe they're finally turning the corner. I still think a lot of this return to past slow late August/September numbers, the last two years, is attributable to the terrible cycle of travel plagued weather that the southeast USA is in. It really discourages some of us tourists, like me, who got tired of difficult travel plans at this time of year. It's easier just to come during the months that have less horrendous weather events.

Based solely on room prices, Universal believes the busy season stArts next Friday. Cabana Bay rooms jump about 30. Night, which is why we’re checking out Friday.

I sure hope HHN isn’t packed Sunday, or Mickey on Tuesday. I’ve been drooling over the low crowd levels reported,

IOA was pretty nice yesterday. Less than 30 minutes for everything but Hagrid and the Trolley.

For my trip in November, there is no availability at any of the on-site hotels right now.
Yes. Things changed a lot from when I last checked my WDW on site November dates two or three weeks ago. Back then everything was still available. Now my on site dates (Disney Nov. 13 -19) only a couple hotels have rooms. At Universal for my dates (Nov. 19-23) the deluxe resorts are unavailable, except for some expensive suites. The other resorts all have rooms though.......While I was on the site, I checked availability for some dates in 2020, in case, by some chance, I wanted to go to WDW again next year. NO WAY :jawdrop:. Looks like some hefty price increases on all the resorts I checked (AA, Moderates, Deluxes). Guess I'll stick with Universal hotels, and just do a day trip drive to Disney, if I feel like going there for an after hours event that doesn't need FP. Soooo, it's not looking like the sparse GESWL attendance scared Disney off of large price increases. They just keep coming. Disney is like a drug addict that can't stop once they got a taste of the pure profit high.

Last edited:
Yes. Things changed a lot from when I last checked my WDW on site November dates two or three weeks ago. Back then everything was still available. Now my on site dates (Disney Nov. 13 -19) only a couple hotels have rooms. At Universal for my dates (Nov. 19-23) the deluxe resorts are unavailable, except for some expensive suites. The other resorts all have rooms though.......While I was on the site, I checked availability for some dates in 2020, in case, by some chance, I wanted to go to WDW again next year. NO WAY :jawdrop:. Looks like some hefty price increases on all the resorts I checked (AA, Moderates, Deluxes). Guess I'll stick with Universal hotels, and just do a day trip drive to Disney, if I feel like going there for an after hours event that doesn't need FP. Soooo, it's not looking like the sparse GESWL attendance scared Disney off of large price increases. They just keep coming. Disney is like a drug addict that can't stop once they got a taste of the pure profit high.

It’s amazing how they can continue to charge their prices.

There are a lot fools with a lot money out there, I suppose.

:thud: 2020....Why?

:thud: 2020....Why?
Even Pop Century is in the vicinity of $185 to $200 a night 'most' weeks of the year, plus tax and parking if you have a car...The Disney moderates (Caribbean, Riverside Orleans, Coronado) are now essentially the same price as Universal's deluxe resorts (Portofino, RP, Hard Rock). It's like Disney is trying to get their entire ROI on their new stuff back in one year.

Even Pop Century is in the vicinity of $185 to $200 a night 'most' weeks of the year, plus tax and parking if you have a car...The Disney moderates (Caribbean, Riverside Orleans, Coronado) are now essentially the same price as Universal's deluxe resorts (Portofino, RP, Hard Rock). It's like Disney is trying to get their entire ROI on their new stuff back in one year.
When you have an impending recession that will drastically effect tourism, you tend to approach things that way.

AP rates rooms are available this week. At Uni. Was checking as I'm already booked at RP in December. Club.
RP has no openings this week

Everything I heard from people in the know points to Disney being absolutely desperate to normalize way higher prices post star wars. It's gonna be a game of chicken I think.

Talked to friends from two different WDW departments last night, both told the same basic narrative. Numbers were down this Summer enough to inspire lay-offs (Entertainment and otherwise). They looked at the Fall numbers, panicked, and introduced the MNSSHP season pass (which is apparently even cheaper for CMs). The internal narrative is that prices are too high.

So nothing shocking, tho I suppose the latter means don't expect droids or stunt shows at SW:GE any time soon, as they don't see it as a creative failure. Since I can't imagine they'll roll back prices, expect tons of discounts next year.

Talked to friends from two different WDW departments last night, both told the same basic narrative. Numbers were down this Summer enough to inspire lay-offs (Entertainment and otherwise). They looked at the Fall numbers, panicked, and introduced the MNSSHP season pass (which is apparently even cheaper for CMs). The internal narrative is that prices are too high.

So nothing shocking, tho I suppose the latter means don't expect droids or stunt shows at SW:GE any time soon, as they don't see it as a creative failure. Since I can't imagine they'll roll back prices, expect tons of discounts next year.
Any info of how that pass sold, and how attendance at Mickey's Halloween party has been?

"Our prices are too high."

"Should we lower them?"

"...no."

Any info of how that pass sold, and how attendance at Mickey's Halloween party has been?

Only anecdotal. Second night of the event, chatty Guest Services CM told me they were selling fast, and that they were definitely limited. That said, I've yet so see any social media reports of them selling out. First five or six parties were dead--Friday was noticeably busier, I hear last night was as well.

Yeah. They raised their hotel and ticket prices up so much that if they offer 2020 discounts, all you'll get are the already sky high, also jacked up big time, 2019 price levels. Disney is really playing with fire, hoping it self distinguishes. The WDW mgt. appears to be at the 'denial' stage of grieving. Hoping Universal stays with their recent hotel strategy and continues to offer the bulk of their resort rooms at fairly economical levels. They'll end up owning that family/with older kids market, if Disney keeps pricing themselves into the upper income bracket only philosophy.

I'm anticipating (hoping) for lots of deals in 2020 from Disney due to lower attendance numbers. Who knows though