Best Shooting Attraction: TSM, Buzz, MiB | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Best Shooting Attraction: TSM, Buzz, MiB

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which "shooting" attraction is your favorite?

• Toy Story Midway Mania

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Men In Black: Alien Attack

Votes: 121 80.1%
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
I feel like Buzz is terrible. I hate that you cannot move the gun and it looks very very cheaply made. I love both MiB and Mania though! I would say my favorite is MIB because of the variety of environments, movement, free range and overall feel. I've been going to Universal for years and years now, but am unsure about something. In the videos the floor is always covered with fog but in the actual ride you do not see much.

I voted for MIB hands down over the other two. Just the fact that MIB is truly a dark ride mixed in with a shooter where as TSM I feel like I'm just going from screen to screen and has a repetitive feel to me. I think all three are fun but MIB gets the nod

I voted for MIB... :thumbs:.although it would be a much better shooter if the guns were a bit more accurate and Uni didn't cut the point values in half. My last ride through I scored 900,000. I would have maxed out but some of the targets weren't responding and the red button at the end didn't work. Guess I'll just have to work harder and harder next time.

Men in Black easily. Like countless others have said, it's the only true dark ride of the three and it's definitely the most thrilling out of all 3.

Buzz just has that cheap feel to it and I strongly dislike the fact that you have to steer your own vehicle.

TSM is definitely a fun experience and does utilize some cool technology, but I dislike the pull string mechanism as the shooting device. And I don't feel that it has the re-rideability that MIB has.

There's a reason MIB is one of the highest rated attractions in the resort and its an easy decision for me to make.

Buzz feels very cheap. The sets, the queue and the guns themselves alone make this ride last when it comes to the best shooting attraction.

Midway Mania is fun, but again, there isn't much to the sets. It's all screens. The queue is awesome though. However, the real winner has to be Men In Black: Alien Attack. The queue for the ride is amazing and the ride itself is so much fun. Honestly, this would be just as fun of a ride if the guns weren't there... The theming, details and overall ride experience is just that good.

Buzz feels very cheap. The sets, the queue and the guns themselves alone make this ride last when it comes to the best shooting attraction.

Midway Mania is fun, but again, there isn't much to the sets. It's all screens. The queue is awesome though. However, the real winner has to be Men In Black: Alien Attack. The queue for the ride is amazing and the ride itself is so much fun. Honestly, this would be just as fun of a ride if the guns weren't there... The theming, details and overall ride experience is just that good.

Very well put. Men In Black is a well done dark ride, that also happens to be interactive with the shooting and it helps a load that it was done very nicely where there is actually consequences/alterations to some events that can happen because of it.

Midway Mania still feels like it would of been a smart thing to place on the bottom level of Disney Quest and Buzz was just a fun retrofit for 1998 because the spot needed something, but it is time to do something better. (even though I still like it more than Midway Mania because it has actual sets, animatronics and somewhat of a comprehensive concept and theme.

Men in Black all the way though, right down to the Costumed Team Members.

I choose MiB :mib:

I'm not much into video games, and so I'm not into the "video-game-y" type rides, but I have been on all three of these. I enjoy MiB's adventure within the ride, and I quite like the sets and the thrill of the ride. I try to get competitive, and usually get the bonus, but I've never reached a very high score :p I don't think I've ever gotten much over 300,000 or 400,000... bonus included :lol:

MIB all the way. Buzz isn't terrible, but I wouldn't put it above Legolands shooter ride right now. Toy Story Mania is decent, but not worth the long waits it gets.

MIB has it all: immersive queue, movie star cameos, animatronic targets, a cool soundtrack, and it's the biggest of all if them.

Yeah, it has to be MIB. Just hold the trigger down and watch the points rack up :D

Though it does get annoying when someone shoots your train and it spins :beadyeyes:

Finally I've road all three. 1: MIB. Removable gun plus massive interactive set plus occasional software changes (changing point value in the first room for example) equals a ride you can go on over and over.
2:Toy Story MM. Best queue of the three (although Mib's fake elevator gets an honorable mention) and despite the Wii counterpart I come off this ride smiling ear to ear. There is a true satisfaction that comes from pulling the drawstring on the gun over and over.
3:Buzz comes in third but if I could place it lower I would. The vehicles and guns are inconsistent. The cutouts are laughable in quality, and maxing out is a joke once you know the targets to hit. Though spinning like a crazy is fun once you've achieved 999999.