Butterbeer vs LeFou's Brew | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Butterbeer vs LeFou's Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite Special Drink?

• Total voters
LeFou's is...okay. It tasted like a slushed version of the Goombay punch drink that's sold in the Bahamas with a splash of apple juice thrown in. A bit bitter for my taste. I vote for Butterbeer :thumbs:

Butterbeer all the way for several reasons:

1- It's cheaper
2- It tastes better
3- It's something from the books and movies
4- It's not served in a stein slapped with a character sticker on it

It's actually only more expensive if you get the souvenir glass and cheaper than Butterbeer if you don't. Without the special cups it's 4.99 (BB) VS 4.49 (LB) last I bought them.

I thought the regular cups of BB were less than 4 dollars and that includes tax. Goes searching for receipt.

I couldn't finish my cup of LeFou's Brew. The first few sips made me think "WTF," then I was like "it's frozen apple juice," and then as I got closer to the end the foam got in there more and into the trash can it went.

Butterbeer didn't make me wonder about what I was drinking the first time; it's a butterscotch cream soda and there's not much more to it.

I couldn't finish my cup of LeFou's Brew. The first few sips made me think "WTF," then I was like "it's frozen apple juice," and then as I got closer to the end the foam got in there more and into the trash can it went.

Butterbeer didn't make me wonder about what I was drinking the first time; it's a butterscotch cream soda and there's not much more to it.

You're the first person I've met who had any difficulty deciphering LeFou's apple-flavor :lol:

LeFou's Brew/Red's Freeze is a bit more complex. First I got the frozen apple juice taste, then the toasted marshmallow started to set in, and then finally I got to the mango foam and then it was a bit too sweet for my taste so it went in the trash. I would get it without the toppings for a hot summer day though. My vote goes to Butterbeer though, just on flavor alone. It goes down easier, like a good Starbucks frapp.

Im wondering if maybe I just had a bad glass of LeFous? I never tasted a hint of toasted marshmellow. Just all apple and then mango. Maybe I'll give it another shot after hearing some of these opinions.

So I've had multiple cups of both, and Butterbeer is much better. I don't know if it's the texture of the foam or the passion fruit flavor, but it has a slightly soapy aftertaste. It's not terrible, but I do like every drink in WWOHP more than LeFou's Brew.

One other thing about this topic. The souvenir mug for Butterbeer is MUCH nicer than the cheap plastic Lefou's mug that i refused to spend any money on.

You're the first person I've met who had any difficulty deciphering LeFou's apple-flavor :lol:

Think of it like this, have you ever put a drink in another drinks container, or grabbed something from the fridge thinking it was something else? Example, getting root beer instead of cola. Those first few sips are incredibly confusing, because you're expecting the other thing. That's how I felt with LeFou's too.

I picked butterbeer, for several reasons. For one, butterbeer has a good "I can have more than one/drink several in a day" factor. In addition to being something from the movies. LeFou's is way too sweet to have more than one, if you can finish even one. LeFou's has a nice taste, although the "foam" on top almost needs a spoon, and it seems like the drink was made with little kiddies in mind. Whereas butterbeer was made more for everyone I think. I did have a good laugh with Gaston while trying the LeFou's though, I must say. I told him it was a good drink, a little sweet, and he said "Yes, yes, it's good when *I* make it, not when LeFou makes it". :rolleyes:

I don't know what you guys are talking about... my LeFou's brew was especially tasty today:

K7KWHJ8.jpg

If any of you folks have the craving for Butterbeer but don't live near the parks, Reed's makes a butterscotch cream soda that could be a passable imitation.