Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Butterbeer vs LeFou's Brew

Favorite Special Drink?

• Total voters
And Butterbeer basically tasted like a butterscotch slush...

Which is something that has never been done before. Apple slush, on the other hand... a bit lacking in originality. And from what I read, LeFou's Brew is also the same thing as the themed beverage they sell in Cars Land, just with a different name. :bored:

I haven't voted because I haven't tried LeFou's Brew yet, but I'm 95% certain I'm gonna choose Butterbeer as my favorite, based on originality alone.

Which is something that has never been done before. Apple slush, on the other hand... a bit lacking in originality. And from what I read, LeFou's Brew is also the same thing as the themed beverage they sell in Cars Land, just with a different name. :bored:

I haven't voted because I haven't tried LeFou's Brew yet, but I'm 95% certain I'm gonna choose Butterbeer as my favorite, based on originality alone.

But it's exactly the opposite of originality :lol:. Butterbeer was already an established thing. They didn't create it. If anything is "original" its the Cars Land version of LeFou's.

But it's exactly the opposite of originality :lol:. Butterbeer was already an established thing. They didn't create it. If anything is "original" its the Cars Land version of LeFou's.

What are you talking about? The concept is original, from the mind of JK Rowling, and the flavors are original from the chef guy whatever his name was :p There's never been anything like it before, in concept or as an actual beverage.

What about Cars Land version of LeFou's Brew is original? The name? :lol:

I can only drink one Butterbeer at a time. It's delicious, but unbelievably sweet and fulfilling. LeFou's Brew on the other hand, I could probably drink the whole day (without that nonsense on the top). And like jtsalien said, Butterbeer isn't original, considering it was already established. :lol:

What are you talking about? The concept is original, from the mind of JK Rowling, and the flavors are original from the chef guy whatever his name was :p There's never been anything like it before, in concept or as an actual beverage.

What about Cars Land version of LeFou's Brew is original? The name? :lol:

The concept of selling Butterbeer is not original. It's original to books. That's it though. The idea of selling an already branded drink is innovative. However, Butterbeer is neither an original drink or flavor.

The concept of selling Butterbeer is not original. It's original to books. That's it though. The idea of selling an already branded drink is innovative. However, Butterbeer is neither an original drink or flavor.

There's no difference if it's original in the books, movies or theme park because it's all the same realm. (With that reasoning nothing is original in the theme park because it already existed in the books and movies.) My point is Butterbeer, the beverage, is original. And a slushy with those flavors has never been done before, so it's original, and yes innovative, too. Apple slushies have existed for a long time before they decided to put a foam on top (where have I seen that before?) and call it LeFou's Brew / Cars Land specialty drink :bored:

There's no difference if it's original in the books, movies or theme park because it's all the same realm. (With that reasoning nothing is original in the theme park because it already existed in the books and movies.) My point is Butterbeer, the beverage, is original. And a slushy with those flavors has never been done before, so it's original, and yes innovative, too. Apple slushies have existed for a long time before they decided to put a foam on top (where have I seen that before?) and call it LeFou's Brew / Cars Land specialty drink :bored:

I've personally never seen apple slushie before, but I've also never looked for it either. And I have a very hard time believing no one has made a butterscotch slushie before because I've seen butterscotch ice cream everywhere.

There is a difference. Enegon is something that's original. The flavors aren't, but there's no drink from transformers called it. That's what makes the Cars Land drink original. Nothing from Cars was an apple slushie.

I'm not defending LeFou's either. Never had it, and not sure I'll try it anytime soon. But calling Butterbeer original is bunk.

You know those marshmallow cider slushes...see 'em at ever Quick Stop. No to be a broken record, but Butterbeer might feel more original because not very many people thought the idea of a butterscotch slushie was appealing. Personally, I hate butterscotch. It's too sweet in practically every format it touches. Harry Potter's novelty is all this drink has going for it, in my opinion. I'd like to see how well it would have sold if BB existed without HP.

There is a difference. Enegon is something that's original. The flavors aren't, but there's no drink from transformers called it. That's what makes the Cars Land drink original. Nothing from Cars was an apple slushie.

See, I wouldn't say Energon is an original/innovative product either :p (if it's an orange cream flavored slushy, as I've heard it described). I would put it in the same category as LeFou's Brew as not much of a novelty, just a beverage that's been re-branded.

You know those marshmallow cider slushes...see 'em at ever Quick Stop. No to be a broken record, but Butterbeer might feel more original because not very many people thought the idea of a butterscotch slushie was appealing. Personally, I hate butterscotch. It's too sweet in practically every format it touches. Harry Potter's novelty is all this drink has going for it, in my opinion. I'd like to see how well it would have sold if BB existed without HP.

I do believe a HUGE part of its popularity is due to the fact that it's Harry Potter's "Butterbeer" :thumbs:

I actually enjoy the taste of frozen Butterbeer, but I can't have more than one cup. Though it's the same with me and soda. It's sweet drinks mostly. They just saturate my palette after so much.

Finally had the Brew, in a regular cup. One drink for me and my wife to split. We figured we had to try it, but knew neither of us would probably want the whole thing. There in lies the difference though, we made the decision to split one. At the WWoHP we never split a Butterbeer. It's one for both of us.
For me, even on flavor alone frozen Butterbeer wins vs the Brew. Regular wins because there isn't a non frozen Brew (probably since its just Apple Juice)
Add in the novelty factor and suddenly these beverages arent even playing in the same league.

Finally had the Brew, in a regular cup. One drink for me and my wife to split. We figured we had to try it, but knew neither of us would probably want the whole thing. There in lies the difference though, we made the decision to split one. At the WWoHP we never split a Butterbeer. It's one for both of us.
For me, even on flavor alone frozen Butterbeer wins vs the Brew. Regular wins because there isn't a non frozen Brew (probably since its just Apple Juice)
Add in the novelty factor and suddenly these beverages arent even playing in the same league.

Everytime I drink butterbeer I gotta split it with my girlfriend. Its too much sweetness.

haven't had Le Fou's but from what it sounds like, it seems like it's an apple slushy. Butterbeer >>>>>>>>>>>

- - - Updated - - -

Whole Foods carries Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer. I haven't tried it yet, but soon.

you can just get cream soda, it literally tastes the same

Lefou's was okay. Nothing to brag about. I'd get it again. But I prefer Butterbeer, either frozen or regular.

LaFou's Brew is not a good mix at all.
1: Frozen Apple Juice w/ Marshmallow
2: Overly sour mango-passion fruit foam on top
:ack: My taste buds do not agree!

Butterbeer = Perfect Mix
1: Ice Cold (Or Frozen) Butterscotch Soda
2: Whipped Butterscotch Cream Topping
3: And a FROSTED SOUVENIR BUTTERBEER MUG!
Butterbeer wins! :happy:

I don't particularly like either (too sweet) but if you try the le fous brew without the mango s**t then it's pretty damn good. I'm a bigger fan of the Jimmie cricket slushie down by the pinnochio restaurant, highly reccomend that