Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t have to ride anything to enjoy the river!
You don't but two lands that will draw millions or....a River people like but takes up a huge amount of space.

I will also point out, that ROA at Disneyland had to be shorted by 1/3 and the new scenery I think its much better then what we had before, so int he end they could end up making the area look nicer in certain spots.

Also once again so MK just wants to be Disneyland? MK fans rather it not get its own exclusive lands and rides?
(also a reminder Walt didn't want MK to be a clone, it was only made a clone park because Walt passed and they had no idea what to do)

I don’t have to ride anything to enjoy the river!
I enjoy the river as well and acknowledge it will be super weird, but as much as I like the RoA aesthetic, I can’t walk on water so it’s a waste of park space not just for me but most park guests as I’d assume most don’t even know you can go over to the island.

Hopefully there is a decent amount of kinetic energy in terms of waterfalls and the like in the Cars area. I do kinda wish with losing the river we could at least get a rapids ride in return though.

citation needed.

my understanding is it’s largely a clone because Walt only cared about getting EPCOT built.
Any books about the history or building WDW.

Like you said Walk only cared about Epcot, in every special or book I've ever read about the parks they say Disney made the decision to make the MK is because they had no idea on how to build Epcot or this Disney World Project because Walt's vision were so grand and maybe Walt could have sold the idea but his brother and others just didn't know how, so they went simple and cloned most of Disneyland

Now Disney is slowly moving away from that, which back int he 2000s people dislike Pooh, Buzz and so on going to both coasts because it was a clone...and now we have two unique lands with unique rides coming to MK.

Do I wish they could keep the river and add these lands? Of course but the costs of this are so much less that Disney just can't justify not reusing the land they already have ready when....most people don't ride the river boat or go on the island. And once again unlike Disneyland the island is not used for Fantasmic so half the day it is just there to look nice and I'm sure the Disney team can make new area's that look nice and have attractions guests want to ride.

Reactions: saint.piss
Also its funny I remember in 2000s people on forums hating clones, like OMG Disney is doing the same ride at both coasts...now Disney wants to make MK and Disneyland feel more unique and people are upset.
It feels like DIsney can't win
To be fair, it seems no one is complaining about the actual attraction(s). People are praising it, in fact, for it's uniqueness and how it still carries the overall theme and aesthetic of Frontierland. Cars will forever be a loved franchise because everyone can relate to, well, cars lol. We name our cars, we give our cars personalities, and Cars brought to life what we imagine all our lives.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
The way I look at it.....I will either go to Animal Kingdom or Epic Universe if I want to relax more with water views.

I know that it won't be the same ride system.....but this is the ride (from Genting Skyworlds) that came to mind what I saw the new Cars attraction artwork....

Genting-SkyWorlds-Theme-Park-5.jpgUnknown-1.jpeg

Honestly Florida theme park fans are winning

Ill be a WDW and Epic next year but man even by 2030 there are going to be some insane new areas and rides....while over here at USH and Disneyland we might get one new land and an E ticket or two

Any books about the history or building WDW.

Like you said Walk only cared about Epcot, in every special or book I've ever read about the parks they say Disney made the decision to make the MK is because they had no idea on how to build Epcot or this Disney World Project because Walt's vision were so grand and maybe Walt could have sold the idea but his brother and others just didn't know how, so they went simple and cloned most of Disneyland

Now Disney is slowly moving away from that, which back int he 2000s people dislike Pooh, Buzz and so on going to both coasts because it was a clone...and now we have two unique lands with unique rides coming to MK.

Do I wish they could keep the river and add these lands? Of course but the costs of this are so much less that Disney just can't justify not reusing the land they already have ready when....most people don't ride the river boat or go on the island. And once again unlike Disneyland the island is not used for Fantasmic so half the day it is just there to look nice and I'm sure the Disney team can make new area's that look nice and have attractions guests want to ride.

Think you may have missed some key elements in whatever you read…

You don't but two lands that will draw millions or....a River people like but takes up a huge amount of space.

I will also point out, that ROA at Disneyland had to be shorted by 1/3 and the new scenery I think its much better then what we had before, so int he end they could end up making the area look nicer in certain spots.

Also once again so MK just wants to be Disneyland? MK fans rather it not get its own exclusive lands and rides?
(also a reminder Walt didn't want MK to be a clone, it was only made a clone park because Walt passed and they had no idea what to do)

I enjoy the river as well and acknowledge it will be super weird, but as much as I like the RoA aesthetic, I can’t walk on water so it’s a waste of park space not just for me but most park guests as I’d assume most don’t even know you can go over to the island.

Hopefully there is a decent amount of kinetic energy in terms of waterfalls and the like in the Cars area. I do kinda wish with losing the river we could at least get a rapids ride in return though.

I just don't think judging the value of things in a theme park based on things like "I haven't done it in a bit", "it doesn't provide immediate benefits to me", and "well it exists other place". For a theme park chain that is proud of the intangible in its parks this seems like a poor move. But this is all based on information as released by Disney, so if we find out about other water features or a retheme to Fronteirland they could have mentioned that but didn't, that's on them.

citation needed.

my understanding is it’s largely a clone because Walt only cared about getting EPCOT built.

Early, early plans were for all of Fantasyland to be new - see Ice Princess by Marc Davis for example. Dunno if that was the plan for the full park or just FL.

I have long been pounding the table for differentiation between the resorts to give them unique elements exclusive to them.

The issue, in this case, is not the Cars concept itself (I guess it is for some people, but I think it looks cool and could fit at Magic Kingdom... somewhere). It's that we're losing a major aesthetic pillar of the entire park to get it when there are ample expansion plots throughout the park periphery that Disney is unwilling to use instead.
I can’t walk on water so it’s a waste of park space not just for me but most park guests
I get your overall point, but this gets dangerously close justifying stuff like paving over World Showcase lagoon, or things along those lines.

Reactions: mccgavin
I just don't think judging the value of things in a theme park based on things like "I haven't done it in a bit", "it doesn't provide immediate benefits to me", and "well it exists other place". For a theme park chain that is proud of the intangible in its parks this seems like a poor move. But this is all based on information as released by Disney, so if we find out about other water features or a retheme to Fronteirland they could have mentioned that but didn't, that's on them.

Early, early plans were for all of Fantasyland to be new - see Ice Princess by Marc Davis for example. Dunno if that was the plan for the full park or just FL.
Again, im not saying I am for this bc I personally don’t go over there a lot. While that is true, I actually LOVE the Liberty Belle and will be sad to see it go. But I also recognize that the space is incredibly underutilized and this will have wayyy more people enjoying this area of the park than ever before, which I personally believe is a win.

Now im a bit more iffy when it comes to replacing Muppets if you want to compare my stance on replacing things, however, if it’s true that the Animation courtyard version would not only be a value engineered version (as @Alicia said), but it would also very much block the access of expanding to the many acres of land near it, then yeah, I would have to pick the Muppets plot unfortunately for MI.

I get your overall point, but this gets dangerously close justifying stuff like paving over World Showcase lagoon, or things along those lines.
As far as what we can tell, though, they’re not paving it over. For all anyone knows, the river gets replaced by other water features, rock work, trees, etc. that also functionally serve a purpose in expanding capacity and improving crowd flow. It could look worse than what’s there now…but nobody’s considering that it might look better.

Reactions: Nick
You kinda cut out the context there though, which was that most guests don’t even know they can go over to TSI. That was my point. It’s almost already like a hidden secret for fans and people who stumble upon it which is great, but the space could be used much better.

World Showcase is very different and I’d never advocate for something like this there. Maybe a restaurant or something jutting out but not like this. The reason is mostly bc of the room to expand MK beyond Cars. You start with Cars now, then Villains beyond big thunder and you likely still have expansion room.

If we were talking about DHS, I’d have no problem building over Echo Lake for example because it allows for park expansion and capacity increase. Save this take for about 10 years from now when this is happening at DHS.