Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney

CityWalk or Downtown Disney?

• CityWalk

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I love both!

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters
Individually I LOVE all the resorts (except the All-Stars). I am just confused as to why they put them where they did. I wish they had put PO and DL over next to the EPCOT Monorail line.
Speaking of the generation gap, I remember when people would go to the parks in dress shirts and slacks. But America has also changed a great deal since then.

Sorry, but acronyms are occasionally my bane. What's PO and DL? :lol:

Sorry. Port Orleans and Dixie Landing. The first two moderates they built. But in Disney-lexicon, DL usually means Disneyland.

But back to DTD stuff, has anyone tried the revamped Portobello? It is run by the Levi group and has recently changed to a northern Italy menu. I LOVE Tuscany-type food, and am very interested it trying the new menu. So a restaurant report would be lovely.

Last edited:
While I haven't spent that much time walking around Citywalk, from the amount of time I was there I wasn't too impressed. I would like to try the NBA restaurant and maybe the NASCAR place...but other than that, I pick Downtown Disney. Something about it gives it the feel that you're still in Disney World. And for me, there's no feeling in the world comparable to being in Disney World!

DTD....I'm not big on crowds or clubbing, so although I've never really done the whole Citywalk thing; I doubt I'd enjoy it.

I love the shopping and atmosphere of DTD, and LOVE Earl of Sandwhich and the Giraldelli shop. T-Rex is also pretty good.

I am however upset that they got rid of AC, that's the only club I was ever really interested in. :'( :mad:

Well I can say Disney is safer. Citywalk gets a less desireable crowd. I know since I have ran into them. Bad experiance to say the least. Citywalk is a lot of fun. Dancing and enjoying the night, Disney can't match. You must be a lot more careful at Citywalk then Downtown Disney. Both can be a great time. I always end my visit at Downtown Disney or the old Lake Buena Vista Marketplace, when I leave to go home. Citywalk still rocks. Like them for what there are, for they are not the same.

I think they are similar enough to compare but different enough to declare a determined winner. In all seriousness where would you rather eat me...CityWalk. But I would rather shop at DTD.

The movie theaters are both overpriced. I'm not gonna pay anything over 9 bucks for a ticket end of story. Both of those theaters are out of my way anyways.

I'd rather not eat you at all.

CityWalk, easily. Downtown Disney is gigantic but for how big it is, has little things that are worth seeing/doing, IMO. CityWalk absolutely buries it in terms of places to eat as well. Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe, NBA City, Bubba Gumps, all awesome places to eat. I'm not big on shopping when I'm on vacation but if you were, I could see why you favor Downtown Disney.

Both offer great variety, but I like CityWalk.

It really depends on what you want to do...the resturants at DTD have gotten crappy over the years, so I would much rather eat at CW. But if you want shopping and souvinears (sorry for spelling:doh:) I would go to DTD.