CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk or Downtown Disney?

• CityWalk

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I love both!

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters
Aesthetics: City Walk (Just feels so...well alive)

Size: Downtown Disney (Their seems to be more to do at DTD, but with the addition of the Golf Course and BMG that is slowly slipping)

Entertainment: City Walk (Hard to enjoy DTD when everything is closed)

Convenience: City Walk (Obviously closer to the park and a fantastic way to grab a bite to eat or Starbucks for the drive home)

So obviously City Walk wins for me..I remember being blown away by DTD when I first went to it, however it has really slipped in the last few years..

CityWalk hands down is a much better experience than DTD. It's laid out better, it doesn't take 20 minutes to get from one side to the other (an hour if its crowded...which is normal), and the selection of things to do is much more appealing to a wider audience.

And the fact that it serves as the "hub" to the entire resort makes it a lot more convenient for guests.

DTD relates to kids significantly better. Rainforest Cafe and the T-REX place are both outstanding places for children. Yea, the prices are outrageous, but you're not really paying for good food. CityWalk doesn't really have a place that is completely immersive and Margaritaville may be similar, but it's simply not the same.

I however, enjoy CityWalk much more. I can't stand the parking situation at DTD.

Anyone been catching this new ad on webpages?

youtopia3.jpg

Hilarious.

I think CityWalk is better laid out and has better food, but it needs something like Disneyquest, but unlike Disneyquest, it would be updated more. At the very least, a bigger arcade then the one in the Nascar Cafe would be nice.

I really like that the entire resort (URO) is walkable and access to everything is so easy. I loath getting around WDW. URO reminds me of the Disneyland Resort in it's logistics.

And I simply prefer the offerings at CityWalk. I have to admit that I don't "shop" at either place. It is usually a couple of drinks and an appetizer, or a full blown sit down dinner when I visit either and for that I just enjoy CityWalk more. Last week I had guests from out of town who LOVE Disney but didn't have the time to hit ANY parks. They had never visited any of of the Uni resorts and hadn't been to Universal/CityWalk since 2000. So we hit the Happy Hour at Emeril's then on to Portofino Bay for Wine and a Cheese Plate sitting by the harbor at The Thirsty Fish. Simply delightful. Then on to Royal Pacific and more apps and drinks at Tchoup Chop. They were really impressed and now are planning an Oct. trip with 2 nights at Portofino Bay.

Last edited: