CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk or Downtown Disney?

• CityWalk

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I love both!

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters
I choose Citywalk because it's a much better atmosphere and there's more for me to enjoy. It's got a Bubba Gump's, The first ever Whopper Bar (It's heavenly, God's gift to men...a hidden paradise), Margaritaville, great shops,Awesome Night Life, AND a HUGE Movie Theatre (AMC).:happy:

The main thing I like at Downtown Disney is The House Of Blues (The Best restaurant in existance).

Citywalk WIINS!!

Last edited:
I like CityWalk a lot better; Hard Rock, Nascar, Jimmy Buffet, the movie theater, etc. I really only go to DD to buy Lego sets...

Putting all bias aside, I prefer CityWalk. Why? Ever since the closure of Pleasure Island, they've lost a huge audience. CityWalk gets the nod because of the spectacular dining (which I think is comparable to DTD), the presence of nightclubs, and the fact that you don't have to take a bus to get anywhere. It's compact, it's got decent/unique shopping, and it has some pretty good restaurants.

The sheer fact that DTD isn't in my face every time I want to go to a Disney theme park give it the edge in my opinion. What Universal did with it's placement of Citywalk was a genius ploy, but it is never the less annoying as all S*** when I just want to get to my park without additional walking through stores I never shop at, clubs I never go to, and bottlenecking tourists. DTD is out of the way of the parks and easily avoidable. Winner.

I prefer CityWalk just because I like the nightlife. A perfect day go to the parks during the day an then roam around CityWalk at night.

Maybe if Hyperion Wharf actually came through, this would still be a topic for discussion.....

I mean, they're still two different experiences. There's reasons not to like either one. But if that did happen, I think DtD would be the winner hands down.

Downtown Disney has nothing going for it anymore.

CityWalk has clubs, Emerils, Margaritaville, The Shoreline, Mini-Golf, and much more. Clear winner now.

Eh. Nothing is putting it harshly. You have Earl, Splitsville will be nice. Uh, you can get free chocolate. Fulton's is pretty cool. And Legos man. Legos.

Don't make me ban you......

:lol:

IDK. Earl is good. probably the best sandwich you can get in Orlando...but that's because Orlando food sucks.:lol: It was great when I was living down there/when there was a reason to go to DTD. But without a car and on vacation it's a pain to jump a bus and then jump a bus to a resort to jump a bus to get to a park.

Eh. Nothing is putting it harshly. You have Earl, Splitsville will be nice. Uh, you can get free chocolate. Fulton's is pretty cool. And Legos man. Legos.

Splitsville will be cool...but I'll never waste my time there on a vacation:lol: