Crazy Ride Experiences/Ride Evacs | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Crazy Ride Experiences/Ride Evacs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a couple stories, not all breakdowns, but some of effects malfunctioning, also some where i got to ride with lights on.

On the people mover last year, we got to see Space Mountain with the lights on as we were passing through it and the ride had all it's lights on.

On Jurassic Park River Adventure, the ride stopped, and then all the cars behind lined up behind ours. We were the second car in the jam. Anyhow, when it began again, a lot of the effects were out of sync pre-lift. Also our boat got far wetter than the front boat. And the boat behind us even got more soaked than us. Idk how that happened.

On Dudley Do Rights, for some reason the lift hill waterfall didn't lift up, and instead rained ontop of our boat, and all the boats behind us too.

On Popeye's and Bluto's, I've been stuck on the lift hill, but I've been lucky enough not to be stuck under the water effects. All of the cars ahead of us were getting rained on by the effects for about 20 minutes. It was fairly funny.

One time on Spiderman, the ride broke down, and we were traveling through scenes that were either playing out of sync, or just simply weren't on. It was cool though, especially during the elevation bit. It was very unusual.

I've been stuck on Men in Black, and it's really cool because your laser gun still works. I got the highest score ever during that breakdown. It was really cool.

I think that's all the breakdown stories i have.

Reactions: Scott W.
lets see in living seas with nemo got stuck in turtle tunnel for 30 min they left on the projection and i was the only one there.
there was also this one stop on a ride i cant remember right now but what happened is the ride stopped and the sounds slowed down and as i was sitting there i kinda started freaking out bc this comedy sketch kept playing in my head.Watch The Merryville Brothers: Trolley Ride From Saturday Night Live - NBC.com thinking it was either pirates or snow white.Also should mention i was alone in the vehicle.

Last edited:
Riveting reads, really cool to hear the evacs and issues. I remember being stuck on Small World for a long while as a nipper. TTA broke down a few times. I'm sure I recall some poor sods being stuck upside down in DCA on Cali Screamin' unless I imagined that!

2 years ago this one but the most exciting one I've had.

So at Thorpe park they ran these summer night events with all the major rides open till 10pm. This particular night it was quite wet and chilly as a typical British summer! We were on Saw, went round, no queue so decided to go around again! We get outside and there's a car waiting to go up the lift not moving. So we sit on the block behind them which happens to be the transfer table (Saw is a Eurofighter so small 8 seater car where the transfer track spins 90 degrees). What had happened was it had gotten too cold for the ride to run! Being geeks, when the staff came out they dealtwith the other car first as they were panicking. We were provided with towels and ponchos as it was chucking it down with rain.

Anyway, they allgot off then there's just us 4. Because of where we'd stopped, we had no catwalks or anything, so the engineers had topushus backwards, get a ladder alongside our car to get us off. We then walked through the maintenance shed to get back so free behind the scenes, and the managers had radioed all the F&B units to allow us free hot drinks in compensation.

Was good fun!

My favorite was a weirdo ride on Spiderman. For some reason the car faced 180 degrees from where it was supposed to. The MOTION was still there, in synch with the film, but we were facing walls, exit doors etc. Truly an odd experience.