Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Crazy Ride Experiences/Ride Evacs

What would be everyones dream ride off which to be evacuated??

I kinda wanna get evac'd off ET. Those steps are so obvious and get in the way of theming in a lot of scenes, might as well get some use out of em. :lol:

I had never got evacuated off a ride until this year. Back in February, I was on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and it stopped right outside of Space Mountain. We were so close!!! We ended up getting out, stepping over the track and exiting down some stairs nearby. Nothing too thrilling.

Back in June or so, my boyfriend and I were on Under the Sea in New Fantasyland when it stopped in the Under the Sea scene. We were stuck for about ten minutes or so before they came around opening clamshells. It was really awkward because they said NOTHING to us in regards of where to go and such. So we lingered and took some pictures of us in front of set pieces. We ended up walking by a cast member who didn't even say anything to us. It was very weird since my boyfriend works attractions at Universal and for them, they give full directions and such to make sure guests don't go wandering off.

Still hoping for an evac off some more exciting attractions. Been going to the parks literally since I was born so it's weird to only have gotten two evacuations...

After going to going to theme parks regularly for over 20 years I yet to be evacuated off an attraction. I either have really good luck or bad luck lol. If I had to pick one to be evac'd off of I think I would choose Temple of the Forbidden Eye, in the Chamber of Death scene.

What would be everyones dream ride off which to be evacuated??

I got really lucky in August and had my first E-Vac off of Thunder Mountain. Right before the 3rd lift, got to go under the mountain and under a couple more lifts.

I got stuck on the rockin roller coaster for thirty minutes we waited in that little alley before the "red carpet"backstage area. It was terrible being stuck in those restraints for that long. However I did get to walk through the building with the lights on(totally cool) they funny thing was they gave us all fastpasses but the park was closing in like 5 minutes.

One evac in my life: Journey into Imagination with Figment years ago. Stopped right where you're supposed to turn and go to Figment's open house. Figment really likes checking his nails to make sure they're clean. Also, it was hell.

Just had my first Evac on Saturday at the Magic Kingdom. Quite possibly the least exciting evac of all time, Carousel of Progress. It broke down in the first scene, heard his spiel about the turn of the century four times. The poor girl running it kept saying something over the speaker system, but it was so terrible you could only hear every few words.

Finally she came in and we had to walk out of the ride in a slightly different spot than we had started :p

Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland was a GREAT evac. Right at the big rolling ball scene. It's so funny that behind this huge ball on a track are just cast members walking by drinking coffee like it's normal.

Dream ride to get evacd off would have to be BTMR at disneyland paris. Imagine being evacd from the island

The best thing that happened was on men in black about 2 months ago when the all the power went off except for all of the emergency lights. Sitting there for about 5 minutes and looking at the aliens was pretty cool.

Got stuck on the first lift hill of Journey to Atlantis, but only for 5 to 10 minutes, then the ride re-started.

Longest I ever was stuck was on Manta for almost half an hour, the train had returned to the station, but it did not want to lower into the disembarking position. Also had it once that Manta returned in the station and they all rushed us to get off because the fire alarm had gone off.

Last month we got evacuated off Tranformers after havig been stuck for about 20 minutes at most.

Not an evac but most memorable breakdown for me recently was my FIRST ride on TF:bang: looked forward to it and couldn't wait to finally get the chance to ride it and no audio or video for 2/3 of the ride! GREAT cast member customer service and they let us get RIGHT back on and ride was flawless but still... I'm one of those people who usually LOVES to get evac-ed from rides cause I like seeing behind the scenes (along with most of us here I'm sure), best I guess is being pushed through pirates with cast members in waders, that's happened a FEW times.. Also got to go backstage at T2 a few times and that was interesting, no evac just had friends in the right places :thumbs:

I was on Transformers and it went down after I passed the Devastator scene. The RVs went into a neutral position and we went through the rest of the ride backwards. It was pretty neat. Seeing how the VTUs work was pretty cool.

I've been stuck in the fake unload on Mummy for a few minutes. The fire wasn't on but it was definitely warm in there. 2 years ago I was in the final dome of FJ and the ride stopped. Few minutes later the lights came on, bench moved to it's neutral position and we slowly winded around the track to unload. Haven't been evac'd yet, but I can't wait for it to happen! :doggie:

I was on test track once and before we got to the outside run, it seemed like we got a little too close to the car in front of us, our car locked its breaks...but the car never re-set or something. We went through the wall at about 1 MPH and the car never picked up speed. I finally realized why they have seat belts on that ride....it was rather painful on those banked turns traveling sooooo slow. When we creeped passed the mirror at the entrance, folks were pointing and laughing at our pathetic lap.

I was on with a couple of folks that have never rode TT before and I kept telling them that it typically went a whole lot faster....they let us ride again right away and all was good.

One time on TSMM, the last round never came up on the screen. It didn't bother me, but when we were unloading, the folks on the other side of mentioned the issue to a cast member...I stepped in and told them the same thing happened to us because this one cast member was pointing at some council and calling the guest that they were lying because her computer shows her everything that is going on and there was no way their was a malfunction if her machine didn't tell her about it...they finally let us all ride again, but I was pretty shocked about how she reacted and the last round really was broken for us.

Not a ride experience but I had a HHN actor break character in Resident Evil, not much, he just bumped in to me and said sorry.

Earlier in the month I had my bench in FJ go off the course and unload us in back room that is stationary.

I've only been on FJ twice. One time our bench unloaded in this room I think. Do you have to take a couple elevators and corridors to exit? I remember it being odd because it was just a few of us. I guess I should consider myself lucky!

I've gotten countless Ride Stops on Spidey. The best one was last year, my first ride after the upgrades. I was so excited to ride. We turn into the alley, RV goes into profile, and right before the Spider Signal, BAM! Auto Ride Stop. I was like "You gotta be kidding!" I was so bummed for that one.

Also been E-Stopped on ROTM and Cat.

This happened this past week...Splash Mountain...surprise, surprise wink wink...broke down for good around Brer Frog and the Possums...had to get unloaded and guided down a service stairway and out the back of the ride past plain service buildings and rusted gearshafts. Definitely a side of Disney most don't get to see...they asked that we turn off all cameras and phones naturally.

Last edited: