Crazy Ride Experiences/Ride Evacs | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Crazy Ride Experiences/Ride Evacs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At Sea World...Got stuck on the lift hill of Kraken...I just about went nuts. It freaked me out bad. Ten minutes later they got us moving again.

At Disney...been stuck on Haunted Mansion, for about twenty minutes in the ballroom scene. Also been stuck at the exit of Rock 'N Roller Coaster. Not sure what happened there, but after about fifteen minutes of sitting in the blacklights, I got a headache.

At Universal, I've been stuck twice on Forbidden Journey. Once in one of the domes, another time lying on my back right before entering the chamber of secrets. The girl sitting next to me was freaking out. After about fifteen minutes we got moving again. Also been stuck on Spider-Man in the final fall scene, and on the lifthill of Dragons Ice coaster. That was cool though because it was at night and it gave me a chance to see all of Universal and Orlando lit up. Most recently I've been stuck on Transformers...in the exit and for about twenty minutes in one of the elevator shafts.

The other day FJ kept starting and stopping. The lights came on a few times and I was able to catch a glimpse of the carousel domes, had always been curious how they did that. We only stopped for 1 minute at a time, but it kept happening. My mom was flipping out (was her 1st time), I was trying to keep her calm "they're just loading and unloading a wheelchair" but I really had no idea. Anyone else have a guess?

I've also never been completely evac'd. I've been stuck and waited, but never forced to exit the vehicle before returning to the station. You are all making me feel like I'm lucky!!! I go to the parks so often now I'm nervous that it's going to happen to me at any moment!!! lol.

In 20+ years of attending Disney and Universal, I've NEVER experienced an EVAC! I've had effects fail and been slowed down by handicapped boarding omnimovers, but never a complete stop and end of a ride with a cycle through to end or an actual EVAC. I guess I should feel lucky, but I'd really like to experience one!

If you really want an evac just exit the vehicle at Universe of Energy, While its in motion:thumbs: they will then make everyone else leave

Not a breakdown, but definitely a crazy experience in my book:

My wife and I were at DHS one night during Extra Magic Hours. This was back when they would give out wristbands to a select few who would be allowed to stay in the park (also when they did the Cinderella Castle Suite, I forget the name of the promotion). Anyways, my wife and I decided to make our last ride of the night the Great Movie Ride, which was pretty awesome with just the two of us and the guide. Nothing out of the ordinary happened on the ride itself, but after the ride, we were greeted by an Imagineer while getting out of the ride vehicle (I immediately recognized the Sorcerer Mickey name badge!). He told us that he was going to make our magical night more magical and took us through the last scene of the ride (the giant video screens) ON FOOT!! We went up to the projector room, and he told us the story of how Walt purchased the company that made the projectors that were eventually used for the ride (much more detail to the story that I forget). After this awesome experience, we went out of the park to catch the bus back to the All Star Music Resort only to find that the bus service was over for the night. We had to walk to the Boardwalk Resort, where we found two cab drivers arguing and telling the other to, basically, stay off of the other's turf (you can't make this stuff up). We managed to convince one of them to give us a ride, perhaps against our better judgment. He drove like a bat out of hell, and got pulled over by a Disney police officer as he dropped us off. So yeah, crazy experience.:lol:

Reactions: HalloweenStar
Not a breakdown, but definitely a crazy experience in my book:

My wife and I were at DHS one night during Extra Magic Hours. This was back when they would give out wristbands to a select few who would be allowed to stay in the park (also when they did the Cinderella Castle Suite, I forget the name of the promotion). Anyways, my wife and I decided to make our last ride of the night the Great Movie Ride, which was pretty awesome with just the two of us and the guide. Nothing out of the ordinary happened on the ride itself, but after the ride, we were greeted by an Imagineer while getting out of the ride vehicle (I immediately recognized the Sorcerer Mickey name badge!). He told us that he was going to make our magical night more magical and took us through the last scene of the ride (the giant video screens) ON FOOT!! We went up to the projector room, and he told us the story of how Walt purchased the company that made the projectors that were eventually used for the ride (much more detail to the story that I forget). After this awesome experience, we went out of the park to catch the bus back to the All Star Music Resort only to find that the bus service was over for the night. We had to walk to the Boardwalk Resort, where we found two cab drivers arguing and telling the other to, basically, stay off of the other's turf (you can't make this stuff up). We managed to convince one of them to give us a ride, perhaps against our better judgment. He drove like a bat out of hell, and got pulled over by a Disney police officer as he dropped us off. So yeah, crazy experience.:lol:

This is one thing I love about Disney. I am wondering if it is encouraged because I have heard many stories like this, and it even happened for me once. :smiley:

It happened so long ago that I don't remember the specifics, but it was in Epcot after the rides started closing down we were given a tour of one of them.

I don't even know how y'all remember all of these Evacs and such. It has happened to me so many times over the years, I move on with my day and forget about it :rofl:

I have never been evac, but got stuck on its a small world for about 10 minutes (that sucked). Which I have gone a ton over the past 2 years, so you would think it would happen more often. I did have an interesting experience on Soarin. I was doing rider swap and the lady asked around who had rider swap tickets, I raised my hand along with 4 other people. I told the lady I didn't think my husband would make it back since it was a couple minutes to park closing and he wasn't off the ride yet. She said we honor the rider swap past closing, so once he comes off, just go to her and she will let me in the line. Well when he came off I went to her and she said, since there was 4 other people, we will just wait for everyone to be ready. Well I knew the guy next to me raised his hand, but left. He misunderstood the question, since he had already swapped and was foreign. I have no clue what happened to the three other people (could have been the same situation), but after about 5 minutes there was no one. I told the lady don't worry about it, I don't need to ride it. She said, nope, you are riding it. She took me down the exit and we waited at the exit doors. I told her, seriously no big deal, but nope. When the last 10 riders exited, she had me go in and I was the only one on the ride. I got center row top. It was very interesting and cool to be the only one on that ride.

Before Dudley had restraints, I took my nephew on it and as we came around the curve to start going up for the final drop, the cast member that stands there could tell he was petrified. So she asked if he wanted to get off and he did. We jumped out of the log and she walked us around the back to the gate by the entrance of Jurassic Park. Cant do that today :)

Reactions: HalloweenStar
Before Dudley had restraints, I took my nephew on it and as we came around the curve to start going up for the final drop, the cast member that stands there could tell he was petrified. So she asked if he wanted to get off and he did. We jumped out of the log and she walked us around the back to the gate by the entrance of Jurassic Park. Cant do that today :)

Original Dudley before restraints or padding was a very, very scary ride. We went on it June of 1999, and it busted up my dad pretty good. I had a friend that worked at the photo shop across the exit back then, and he said after all the injuries he would never go on it again.

Original Dudley before restraints or padding was a very, very scary ride. We went on it June of 1999, and it busted up my dad pretty good. I had a friend that worked at the photo shop across the exit back then, and he said after all the injuries he would never go on it again.

I remember going on in it in 2001 and it being rather scary, fun but scary. Even with restraints it's a relatively scary ride.

Well this isnt crazy but I have never laughed so hard on the mummy...or any ride for that matter than I did today.

My family and I took a trip to Uni today and we somehow got my mom to ride the mummy. Now she used to do coasters etc...but heart issues took her out of the game persay. Anyways, somehow we got her on there with a little smooth persuasion. Anyways...she was freaking out up through the queue and when we got to the treasure room I looked over and she was clinging on to my dad and screamed when the mummies popped up. Now for the coaster part.....I have never heard someone scream bloody murder for 2 minutes like she did. I was DYING. I literally thought she was having a heart attack at one point (i was legitimately scared for her heart for a second) but I looked over and she was perfectly fine. The picture at the end (i wish we bought it) exemplified pure terror while my dad, sister, and I are to busy laughing our buttes off at our mom.

Overall best trip to UOR with my family ever....and weve been alot.

I got to experience Escape from Gringotts for the first time in March of this year. We had to do child swap, and I let my wife ride it first. She came back ecstatic, and said it was really fun. I went on fairly excited, I loved the FJ so I guess my expectations were running high. I made it to the scene where Bellatrix and Voldemort are about to curse your RV, when suddenly they both disappeared into thin air. I sat there for a good 20 seconds and nothing happened. So much for my first experience. The rest was terrible. I had to wait again off to the side and it took forever. After finally getting on again..the exact same thing happened! I was so mad, I complained because my wife had to wait so long and she insisted I ride it. We all got a free Butterbeer out of it :whoo:

Last edited:
Fun Fact about Rockin Roller Coaster. There's supposed to be a CM interacting with Aerosmith right before you leave for the loading area.They stopped doing it for whatever reason. The agent says "Well guys, what do you want me to do?" and the CM should be using the handheld saying "how about some back stage passes?!"

That's why Steven Tyler says "Wait a minute, I love that idea! Let's get some back stage passes!"

Well they never do it, so sometimes I'll say something else instead when I'm there. Usually "Half priced apps at Applebee's!" and Steven Tyler always approves, lol.

A couple of days ago, I was on Gringotts and the ride stopped right after the last screen before we went back to the loading dock. There was something wrong with our car and about 5 engineers came out to fix it for thirty minutes and then we were able to ride again.

I also got stuck on Transformers from the top level once and had to be evacuated. They took us down the stairs and the team member made sure all of our phones were put away before he allowed us to leave so we would not take pictures.

I had to evac off the 2nd lift hill on Big Thunder Mountain at Disney World. The ride stopped and within a minute all the services lights came on and they announced that everyone should exit the queue and they would be evacuating trains one at a time.

Got to walk down the mountain, had to cross the ride track at one point, went through some maintenance tunnels, and then walked from the cave with the bats back to the loading platform. It was cool to see it like that.

My only evac has been on old Test Track. Right before the heat/freeze rooms, we suddenly came to a stop and had to walk off. Saw some halls hidden behind walls, it was pretty cool. Not exactly my first choice for an evac ride, though. I've always wanted to be evacuated off something like Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, or practically any of the Fantasyland dark rides.

On the Universal side, I've never been evacuated, however we did once get stuck on Forbidden Journey. On the Quidditch screen, we waited next to a blank screen for five minutes, then once it started going again, we were being shaked in front of nothingness until it reset for the next riders. Although I've always thought an evac of E.T. Adventure, Revenge of the Mummy, or Escape from Gringotts would be cool. A Jurassic Park River Adventure evacuation would be terrifying. I don't want to walk near those raptors!

living seas with nemo and friends was stuck in the turtle spinning tunnel for 30min they did not turn it off and also on test track our car launched and before the door opened it slammed to a complete stop kinda hurt
also was stuck on great movie ride for 20 min at gangster scene they all all of the gangster in waiting come out and we had 3 or 4 mugsies

Had to evac from Popeyes once, during the lift hill. We were at the top so we just had to take the stairs down, they gave us a pass that let us skip the queue if we wanted to come back given it was fixed already. Didn't see much of backstage, we exited and that was that.