Cyberpunk 2077 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Cyberpunk 2077

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seriously, this is the best AAA rpg since skyrim. I sunk about 15 hours in and thus far im in awe. initially a bit overwhelming, still getting used to everything... But this game is good, bugs and all.

Playing on my pc (ryzen 3900x + rtx 2070s) Plays like skyrim, occasional crazy bug out of nowhere. Rarely gamebreaking.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm 5 hours in; pretty happy with it so far. This is The Witcher but cyberpunk which is pretty much what I was expecting. It's a bit buggy, but not substantially more than TW3 was on release, so I'm not too mad. I also got it at launch for $40 so that helps.

So far I'm a fan.

So looking at the gameplay trailer from August 2018 and the character creator had this:
Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.16.48 PM.png
Now look at the backstory section and read the first childhood hero, this childhood hero was Johnny Silverhand and I think once Keanu accepted the job they decided he could play the role of Johnny Silverhand and after he had his role doubled, CD Projekt Red had to rewrite a large portion of the game leading to the lackluster life paths and large portions of the game being cut to incorporate Johnny. In 2018 it was confirmed the game was playable from start to finish (It's not always sunny in 'Cyberpunk 2077'), but again from 2019 to 2020, they had to incorporate Keanu. I'm too lazy to write a whole essay but a lot of features that were promised and shown but, never came to fruition.

So looking at the gameplay trailer from August 2018 and the character creator had this:
View attachment 13606
Now look at the backstory section and read the first childhood hero, this childhood hero was Johnny Silverhand and I think once Keanu accepted the job they decided he could play the role of Johnny Silverhand and after he had his role doubled, CD Projekt Red had to rewrite a large portion of the game leading to the lackluster life paths and large portions of the game being cut to incorporate Johnny. In 2018 it was confirmed the game was playable from start to finish (It's not always sunny in 'Cyberpunk 2077'), but again from 2019 to 2020, they had to incorporate Keanu. I'm too lazy to write a whole essay but a lot of features that were promised and shown but, never came to fruition.

The game is so meaty thus far it makes sense they trimmed it down and simplified it.

Game development is also no different than movies when it comes to the creative team not always getting final cut...

In some ways it feels like a suit sniffing around to find more ways to make the game marketable to a wider audience... And fishing for DLC opportunity. Anyways, there is just a breadth of content available. Seriously, people who claim to already have beat the game, I'm wondering how much they've missed cause it feels like in my playthrough I should be near the end, but still have a sizable stack of gigs and main quest to get through. That's not to mention, I've basically avoided a lot of exploration outside of quest, side gigs, etc, and I know I shut myself out of certain quest lines by some of the choices I've made that I would like to go back and explore. The game feels very "alive", Npc's call you and demand your help, sending you spiraling to hours of other content... I just wish they had a better answer to what I'll call "locked door syndrome" A big sprawling city, but so many locked doors that could be puzzles, etc for content, weapons, and gear. But even with that, since my last post I've probably added another 15 hours (I'm kind of ashamed :lol: ) on top of my playthrough at least. I just don't understand the negative criticism about the game in regards to content.

That said, The bugs are starting to hinder my experience just a tad. There's quite a few of them that can completely destroy your progress in certain quest. My main gripe is using silent takedowns and the bodies getting found immediately with no other NPC's in sight, instantly putting the areas in high alert, and other time completely eliminating the possibility for a stealth finish.

In defense of CDPR that is a screen of a pre release, still in development copy that clearly says it may not be representative of the final product...

Also most everything in that screen seems to have been folded into the narrative and you make those choices by completing dialogue with characters in the prologue. Depending on your "life choice" I hear the first 25 minutes of gameplay is completely different, and it also has a great effect on dialogue and certain questlines from the little bit I've read and experienced in the game. It's better storytelling to play through something, versus choosing it on a menu. Like film it's just not uncommon for things to get cut for the overall betterment of the title, though I'd argue creating a video game is a much more iterative process.

That said, I don't think Keanu playing silverhand really cut that much into the content and features.

I'm excited to play more. Giving my PC a break and going to get some work done after taking an extended leave of absence :lol: :lol:

I mean wow, this is BIG news not even Fallout 76 or Anthem had this happen to them.

CD Project must hate themselves for releasing the game too early.

I mean wow, this is BIG news not even Fallout 76 or Anthem had this happen to them.

CD Project must hate themselves for releasing the game too early.
As they should. The game was clearly rushed out, and I'm not even just talking about the bugs/performance. Parts of Pacifica are unfinished, development relics are still in the game, stuff is missing, and there's even a typo on the border crossing "Leaving Nigth City".

I love the game, but my god it should have released in late 2021.

Reactions: shiekra38
As they should. The game was clearly rushed out, and I'm not even just talking about the bugs/performance. Parts of Pacifica are unfinished, development relics are still in the game, stuff is missing, and there's even a typo on the border crossing "Leaving Nigth City".

I love the game, but my god it should have released in late 2021.
In all seriousness it seemed so delayed already that people got nervous and pushed it out so they could get it out in 2020

It's a pretty robust game

ironically, it works fine for me on PC lol

So, I'm gonna get the game tomorrow hopefully; but I'm..not going to get it off of Steam, XBOX, or Playstation.

I'm going to legitimately try out how it works on Stadia. And to be honest..I'm kind of excited about it.

Technically got it as my Christmas Eve gift, so installed it yesterday and started playing it today. I’m enjoying the freedom (which is almost overwhelming), and only run into one glitch where an enemy got stuck in car. The only part I could see was their head, so yay headshot XP bonus.

I’m also playing on a Series X, so I know I’m going to run into far fewer issues.

I'm at the Title card mark on Stadia, and I'm..gonna share observations.

• The 60FPS option on Stadia is the way to go, as the rate of my button prompts are going really nicely.
  • The openness I haven't gotten a chance to properly go in, but that's because I wanted to go into Act 1 from start to finish.
  • I love the chemistry Jackie and V has, and it makes you want to personally attach and see how they work.
  • The only major glitch I had was in a spoiler section, where Jackie changed from one outfit, to his standard get-up and standard weaponry for no reason.
Stadia is pleasantly surprising me on a massive level with this game.

I’m going to attempt to play it later on Xbox One. A 2013 Day One XB1. If it’s unplayable, I’ll just return it. That’s what I like about the Steelbook deal I got with Best Buy - I only paid the normal $60 and got the game in both its normal case with game and then the Steelbook separate.

So either way, I’m keeping the Steelbook :lol:

First Impressions after completing my first run.

• This may be one of the most "engaging" titles of the generation, for just how the choices affect the game. Coupled with the writing, the story is absolutely brilliant.
  • It's a buggy mess that I feel bad for the developers that got rushed by executives and whomever it may be, on rushing the release of the game.
  • The chemistry that Keanu has with the V actors in this game, is amazing. It feels genuine and fascinating to see how they react and develop in their respective characters.
This is definitely a game of which, I'll be gladly going in and doing 2 more playthroughs out of, just to see how Corpo and Nomad differ on a narrative level. But I'm really excited to see what comes out of any potential expansion...if they can manage to get out of the mess that the executives pushed.

Reactions: youhow2