Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cheaper by a bunch. As @epcyclopedia posted they need multiple ways to get people between DHS and EPCOT and the roads just can't hold all the buses in addition to the cost and pollution that comes along with them

These guys track all things lift and have plenty of info and links to get the details
Yes. Traffic in that area is a mess now. It'll just get worse when SWL & TSL opens.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Video from the rumored company that will build it - showing a system that will be very much akin to WDW's per the rumors:

Not the "exact" build or anything - might not even be the right model or capacity.. but it stays low, skims the treeline, is used in summer, and can handle wheelchairs and strollers. And it has froofy flower palnters around it, so it fits the look we expect from Epcot's station.

Last edited:
So they put in a permit to plop down a construction trailer for "ITJ" at Caribbean Beach. I guess that's where it'll be based out of.

My theory is ITJ = Imagineering the Journey.

Also, expecting news tomorrow about the project overall (either the resort changes or something..) because of how certain other indicators are timed.

So they put in a permit to plop down a construction trailer for "ITJ" at Caribbean Beach. I guess that's where it'll be based out of.

My theory is ITJ = Imagineering the Journey.

Also, expecting news tomorrow about the project overall (either the resort changes or something..) because of how certain other indicators are timed.

Kind of surprised that something like this would even be announced to the public, although I can see Disney announcing this as a benefit at staying at these resorts.

Video from the rumored company that will build it - showing a system that will be very much akin to WDW's per the rumors:

Not the "exact" build or anything - might not even be the right model or capacity.. but it stays low, skims the treeline, is used in summer, and can handle wheelchairs and strollers. And it has froofy flower palnters around it, so it fits the look we expect from Epcot's station.

Very similar to the one over the Thames.

Anyone else think this'll be useful but that gondolas are just really bloody ugly? Blight on the landscape.

Maybe an Avengers wrap. (Until they get scared about Universal suing that is.)

As long as it doesn't enter the park then I think it's all good.

79ae2878af456619fce3a0c6fccf715e-d60d6bq.jpg

Spider-Man seems perfect for a gondola.

This blog, which follows the construction of new lifts/gondolas, is saying that Disney will be using Doppeymayr as the manufacturer. Don't have the time to be going through 130ish pages over on Magic for this stuff :lol:

2018 New Lifts – Lift Blog

In that case, it seems like the system is expandable and they can add cars as needed. Googled a few images of them.

Storing extras in the station
mellaubahn-seilbahnblog-5-1.jpg

Wheelchair access no problem:
Accessibility-Doppelmayr.png

Looks like you will have to get off and transfer at each station.

4532_1_gr.jpg

Looks like you will have to get off and transfer at each station.
From what i've read about the layout, you will indeed have to get off and transfer at each station. The good thing is these are continuously loading so it should go fairly fast.

It's also worth point out this isn't meant as a transportation system from DHS to Epcot or vice-versa - they have boats that serve that purpose already - this is meant to provide alternate transport for the ~7,000 hotel guests that stay at either Pop!, AoA or CBR to get to the parks. It should lighten the load on the buses significantly and maybe even take some off the road.

From what i've read about the layout, you will indeed have to get off and transfer at each station. The good thing is these are continuously loading so it should go fairly fast.

It's also worth point out this isn't meant as a transportation system from DHS to Epcot or vice-versa - they have boats that serve that purpose already - this is meant to provide alternate transport for the ~7,000 hotel guests that stay at either Pop!, AoA or CBR to get to the parks. It should lighten the load on the buses significantly and maybe even take some off the road.

Yeah this is the one current Disney project that I think is truly fantastic. Serves a great capacity need and is something most folks won't normally do on a vacation. I can't believe it's actually happening.

Reactions: Nick