E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really? Where is the room by T2? I thought they didn't really have much room at all over there other than a few small areas to do something with, but not an actual ride.

Really? all those buildings that aren't rides? and the villas area? that entire area before T2 can be turned into a ride or two I'm saying. Every time I go through there it just feels like there should be some rides.

Really? all those buildings that aren't rides? and the villas area? that entire area before T2 can be turned into a ride or two I'm saying. Every time I go through there it just feels like there should be some rides.

Remember they are just faces, not actually different buildings. The "building" that is the entrance to T2 is only actually part of the cue line, then there is 5 "buildings" to the left of that which hide the real show building. Then there are about 3 more "buildings" that hide the actual Horror Makeup before you get to that entrance "building".

I am not sure what those are across Hollywood Blvd besides Mel's. I would assume they are shops but I do not recall ever going inside.

Remember they are just faces, not actually different buildings. The "building" that is the entrance to T2 is only actually part of the cue line, then there is 5 "buildings" to the left of that which hide the real show building. Then there are about 3 more "buildings" that hide the actual Horror Makeup before you get to that entrance "building".

I am not sure what those are across Hollywood Blvd besides Mel's. I would assume they are shops but I do not recall ever going inside.

There's some offices and a magic show, as well as a Radio Studio that is visible from the street.

I think Hollywood is alright as it is, it could use an expansion to the entrance (would love to see that) but besides that I think it's attraction count is just fine for an area that should be a walkthrough.

Nope, ET is staying put for a while. I do agree it needs some touch ups but not a whole renovation.

Hollywood needs one or two more good attractions IMO. But it is fine. It needs a crowd drawer though.

Kidzone has well Kidzone
Production Central has RipRide
New York Has Mummy/Transformers
Harry Potter is a clear given
San Fransisco the part that still exists should be given to NEW York IMO. Disaster turned into a Great Movie Ride like ride. I can't call Disaster a crowd drawer.
Springfield - Simpsons Ride
World Expo - MIB.

Hollywood, and San Fransisco don't have crowd drawers. E.T. is fine where it is at unless they plan on rebuilding it and making into a different experience.!

Last edited:
Hollywood needs one or two more good attractions IMO. But it is fine. It needs a crowd drawer though.

Kidzone has well Kidzone
Production Central has RipRide
New York Has Mummy/Transformers
Harry Potter is a clear given
San Fransisco the part that still exists should be given to NEW York IMO. Disaster turned into a Great Movie Ride like ride. I can't call Disaster a crowd drawer.
Springfield - Simpsons Ride
And World Expo - MIB.

World Expo, Hollywood, and San Fransisco don't have crowd drawers. E.T. is fine where it is at unless they plan on rebuilding it and making into a different experience.!

I agree that Distaster isn't a crowd drawer, but MIB not being a crowd drawer for World Expo? I usually tend to think of that as a pretty popular ride. Maybe that's been declining as of late though?

I agree that Distaster isn't a crowd drawer, but MIB not being a crowd drawer for World Expo? I usually tend to think of that as a pretty popular ride. Maybe that's been declining as of late though?

Ohh I see what I put. I didnt mean to put World Expo in the last sentence. In the list I mentioned World Expo - MIB.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh I see what I put. I didnt mean to put World Expo in the last sentence. In the list I mentioned World Expo - MIB.

I fixed my error. Thanks!

I just feel like Hollywood needs a new major ride. And like I said before a new King Kong ride or a Fast and the Furious ride would be perfect.
There's no room. You have to think about things like this from size of the building and space available, not just the "buildings that aren't rides". Take a look at the area on Google maps. As natespf said, Horror Make-up and T2 take up that whole street whether you notice it or not and the little space not being used for guests is used backstage for storage, offices, entertainment (they take up a good chunk of room), etc.

I see ET being a ride most people feel sentimental about and everything like that, I got that. I get that this is the only ride left from the initial opening. But Its at the point. Its just I feel like this ride is beyond dated, and is almost becoming a thing of the past. I dont think kids these days know much about ET.

Like the poster above me, this ride either needs upgrading or needs to be removed. I personally feel like I'd rather see them put money towards an attraction that is more relevant.

There's no room. You have to think about things like this from size of the building and space available, not just the "buildings that aren't rides". Take a look at the area on Google maps. As natespf said, Horror Make-up and T2 take up that whole street whether you notice it or not and the little space not being used for guests is used backstage for storage, offices, entertainment (they take up a good chunk of room), etc.

Here it is.

t2.png

You can see they would need to take out a lot of stuff to fit in a new ride. Look at the ET building for an estimate of size. You can see around back there are little nooks for all kinds of crud, and they are running out of these nooks around the parks.

Although the attraction is likely to be replaced sometime within the not-so-distant future, I have one request - PLEASE KEEP THE SIGNATURE SCENT. Whatever it is, it's amazing :bonk:

Yup. Not marked on your map, but as I said, those buildings in between ET and Horror Makeup/T2 are all entertainment, so they take up a significant back there.

Unless you want to rebuild the Hollywood section from scratch, it ain't happening. That area is landlocked with all the backstage buildings.

Hey you never know with Universal lol

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I was saying some of those buildings could go for a major new attraction. I'm pretty sure most people would rather have a new major attraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you put King Kong in Hollywood though? Even if there were an ample amount of space?

True but I did say Fast and the Furious too ;) haha

- - - Updated - - -

I see ET being a ride most people feel sentimental about and everything like that, I got that. I get that this is the only ride left from the initial opening. But Its at the point. Its just I feel like this ride is beyond dated, and is almost becoming a thing of the past. I dont think kids these days know much about ET.

Like the poster above me, this ride either needs upgrading or needs to be removed. I personally feel like I'd rather see them put money towards an attraction that is more relevant.

Honestly though id rather keep E.T. over Disaster or Shrek.

That's why I was saying some of those buildings could go for a major new attraction. I'm pretty sure most people would rather have a new major attraction.
So you're saying you'd like to see both T2 and Horror Makeup go for a major attraction then? If so, I disagree completely. Not only are the two very important for the park for giving guests who don't like thrills something to do, but I also happen to enjoy both. I just wish they'd update the T2 preshow.

Here it is.

t2.png

You can see they would need to take out a lot of stuff to fit in a new ride. Look at the ET building for an estimate of size. You can see around back there are little nooks for all kinds of crud, and they are running out of these nooks around the parks.

Everything that is circled could go for some new and exciting attractions and I wouldn't be heartbroken. The one I probably would like to keep would be E.T.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying you'd like to see both T2 and Horror Makeup go for a major attraction then? If so, I disagree completely. Not only are the two very important for the park for giving guests who don't like thrills something to do, but I also happen to enjoy both. I just wish they'd update the T2 preshow.

I like T2 but it wouldn't kill me. Just my opinion. And Horror and T2 could possibly be two new attractions.