Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a bet we’ll know more tomorrow and Wednesday.

Yeah--if Universal is serious about reopening soon; then I'd suspect they'll make their statements more clear for everyone to keep track of. Whether it's done via the blog, press release, I'd agree that we'll be seeing it before Thursday.

What makes things..interesting, as a thought--is if they'll speak about their outlook for the parks on-top of it.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Lots of outdoor space throughout CitiWalk, to move tables outdoors to have distanced seating set up with pre orders. The Marg. Plane is a natural for an outdoor area, just gap the tables. People can still enjoy the ambiance with the beautiful view of the parks, the waterway and CitiWalk, especially lit up in in the evening. The only issue is the need to protect from the daily 4:00 to 6:00 rain shower.

I believe it’s better to stay home and wait for everything to reopen, It’s easy to prevent another Spanish Flu. Any casualties are unacceptable. As for the themed entertainment industry, the Government needs to bail them and everyone and everything else out. If people would just stay home, everything would be fine. Be like Adrian Monk. :)

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
If the parks aren't open, will CityWalk charge for parking?

Note: The Universal site still proclaims closed through may 31st for everything (including CityWalk)

Last edited:
Expect this to be common.

If it rains while your there and it wasn't reserved you don't get a refund. Why would this be any different?

If it rains on a day I looked up and said "let's go to the park today" then that is on me but if I have to be a fortune teller and pick some date in the future hoping it won't rain then that should not be my problem. This isn't WDW, it a regional day park. No one plans a vacay around six flags unless they are a coaster freak.

If the parks aren't open, will CityWalk charge for parking?

Note: The Universal site still proclaims closed through may 31st for everything (including CityWalk)
I would guess not. It's only locals coming.
I'm not totally sure if just opening CityWalk is a good idea. Aside from the initial bump from pent up demand, CityWalk is cumbersome to get to and doesn't really draw people in just for CityWalk. Most of its demand is a result of traffic to and from the parks plus hotel guests. In the day after the parks closed, CityWalk was 100% dead (I was sent pictures of one family + a couple of managers on the path between Coke and IoA). Disney Springs I could understand reopening due to its individual popularity, but I don't know if a solo CityWalk is sustainable.

If it rains on a day I looked up and said "let's go to the park today" then that is on me but if I have to be a fortune teller and pick some date in the future hoping it won't rain then that should not be my problem. This isn't WDW, it a regional day park. No one plans a vacay around six flags unless they are a coaster freak.
I would imagine that most people going to these parks for a while will be annual passholders that already have tickets.

Some Coronavirus/Park Closures update from outside the US - Universal Studios Singapore has extended its closure until Monday, June 1. Universal Studios Japan has once again extended the closure of the park until May 31.

Cinema Disneyfied. ...........They stick with that and they'll die a quick death. Their experience isn't that valued....Now, if they were like the beautiful ornate 1930' 40's huge screens it might work a bit for certain selected locations, but I don't think those ornate palaces of yesteryear could even get away with that.....Movies aren't the Symphony, Broadway type plays, Ballet, live experiences level.

You have to remember that Alamo only has 41 locations. They are a small chain and they are also a chain that is strict on theater-etiquette and are a dine-in at all locations.

Let's wait until AMC, Regal and Cinemark release their opening plans before declaring the cinema dead. Those are the big players, not Alamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.