Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, I wouldn't go to Orlando on the summer if there was no covid. Why anyone, except for those with school age kids, would vacation in that heat/humidity and daily thunderstorms/rain is beyond my understanding. Therefore, none of these restrictions bother me, since I wouldn't go anyway. :lol:
I actually think, even without the parks, Orlando has a lot to offer as a vacation destination. Even in Summer.

Spending my mornings at the pool with a good book followed by a light lunch paired with 2 Tiki drinks. Back to the room to nap away the heat of the day. Wake and dress for dinner somewhere not at the hotel. End the day with a night cap back at the pool. Rinse and repeat for 6 or so days sounds delightful right about now.

I see them strictly enforcing it because of the resorts ecosystem. It only takes one person.

Ex: Mr A is currently COVID asymptomatic after unknowingly getting the virus in his office from a staff meeting during which no one wore masks as it was hard to speak. He and his family who are currently COVID negative are on their Universal for a 5 day/4 night trip after driving up from Miami deciding to stay at Cabana Bay. Being in the car for so long and with the AC spreading the virus...now the remaining members of his family have COVID in their system.

They arrive at Cabana Bay. In this situation masks are not enforced but recommended. Mr A and Family go to check in with no masks on. They passed the temp check so they think things are good. Their children are running around the lobby laughing and darting in between people. Their virus droplets remaining in the air for three minutes. At the check in desk, people are attempting to socially distance but well and some not wearing masks properly or at all. They finally get fully checked in after 20 minutes due to an error in their reservation. They head to their room. That evening they go to citywalk and eat and also go bowling at the hotel.

Next day, Mr A wakes up he is feeling good. the family goes down to food court. M A youngest child has a slight cough but no one is connecting it with COVID because the child has a chronic cough nor have they been around someone they know with COVID. But since they aren't forced to wear a mask, they decide they won't wear one now but when they get to the park inside the ride buildings they will.

They head to the park and make it to Universal Studios that day. They do all the attractions. Unfortunately due to Universal not enforcing mask standards an issue has arisen due to Mr A family not wearing their masks as much as they should and others who were COVID asymptomatic.

Fast foreward to day 5, Mr A family is showing symptoms of COVID. Due to the fact they didn't wear mask, Universal must find ways to contact every single guest that they possibly infected as well as disinfecting everything. Turns out Mr A lead to an exposure of over 4,000 guests to the virus and of those testing positive, 432 got the virus.

If i'm a company, I'm not going to play that game. The mask will be enforced because the headaches that come afterwards are not worth it to anyone. Strict enforcement of masks and social distancing is a good CYA. Because any investigation by news agencies etc where it is found they did not enforce will have ripple effects for the entire tourism ecosystem.
How about this one:

A thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each other in confusion. TMs run around and eventually make everyone put on their masks.

The next day, a thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each other in confusion. TMs run around and eventually make everyone put on their masks.

The next day, a thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each and remember the conversation they had in their team meeting that morning where their manager said “don’t worry about enforcing it outside anymore”.

I would think that the hotel rooms should generally be pretty safe. In most hotels each room has its own air handler, so the air is only recirculated in your own room and not through the entire hotel except in common areas like the lobby, hallways, and restaurants. I think I'd feel fairly safe staying in a hotel. It's really restaurants and other indoor spaces that seem like the big question mark on safety.

How about this one:

A thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each other in confusion. TMs run around and eventually make everyone put on their masks.

The next day, a thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each other in confusion. TMs run around and eventually make everyone put on their masks.

The next day, a thunderstorm happens at 2pm. 80% of guests take off their masks. TMs look at each and remember the conversation they had in their team meeting that morning where their manager said “don’t worry about enforcing it outside anymore”.
Or they hand them new masks.

I wonder if they'd sell the masks in the park in pairs or three for the price of one. Less excuse for someone to lose their mask or not use it if it becomes wet or damaged.
I think there should be CMs/TMs stationed all around the parks handing out free surgical masks. They would actually have to have CMs/TMs hand them out because guests would grab hands full to take home otherwise. But I do think they should be free inside the parks.

It's for the best. Not the time to go to a theme park, for a myriad of reasons ....plus it wouldn't be all that much fun and leisure under the restrictions.....Enjoy a hike through the Scottish Highlands instead. Won't need masks with at kind of social distancing.

I'm not overly bothered. Some of the group are wanting to rebook for September but there's potentially too much going on to get a date that will work for everybody and if we leave it until next year, hopefully the JP coaster will be open and maybe Disney will have bothered to open something new by that stage.

I'm not overly bothered. Some of the group are wanting to rebook for September but there's potentially too much going on to get a date that will work for everybody and if we leave it until next year, hopefully the JP coaster will be open and maybe Disney will have bothered to open something new by that stage.
Still Rise and MMRR yet to be experienced correct?

How about this one:

I didn't even think of the the thunderstorm aspect.

Taking it off to wipe your face, dry off, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.