Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudley won’t have any water features? Um...

What harm is there spraying people with water... I saw a priest with a holy-water squirt-gun the other day.

It will be interesting to see if water rides are included. Those that use lagoon water like that are often using chemically treated water, as opposed to things like Shrek and Simpsons.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I only just now joined the livestream. Could we maybe have people type out the main info with time stamps?
I don't know if other theme parks were mentioned, but it should be interesting to see what happens with Disney and Seaworld

I'm preaching to the choir here but if you have a doctor's note that says you can't wear a mask, then your respiratory condition or ability to process oxygen must be such that said doctor would also be advising you to stay home.

At they very least, they would be recommending that you not ride Rip Ride Rocket.

• Haha
Reactions: HandsomePete
I only just now joined the livestream. Could we maybe have people type out the main info with time stamps?
I don't know if other theme parks were mentioned, but it should be interesting to see what happens with Disney and Seaworld
I can do timestamps once the final video is posted.
Nothing was said about Disney or Seaworld, but around a dozen smaller attractions also had their plans approved.

Everyone, please take talk of reopening to the appropriate thread.

I'm preaching to the choir here but if you have a doctor's note that says you can't wear a mask, then your respiratory condition or ability to process oxygen must be such that said doctor would also be advising you to stay home.
Fully agreed. Or you’re claustrophobic and high anxiety- also not the person who should be going to a theme park during a pandemic.

That said by July and August, I wonder how many medical evacs for heat stroke it will take before they lift the mask restriction for outdoors.
I don’t have a good feeling about this one...

Hopefully outdoor transmission in the summer months is so low that it’s acceptable to not wear a mask and not have to worry about it until it starts cooling down and transmission rate increases. Only time will tell on this one.

Im 95% sure I’m going to book a trip for mid June, so I’ll let y’all know how it goes!

Fully agreed. Or you’re claustrophobic and high anxiety- also not the person who should be going to a theme park during a pandemic.

That said by July and August, I wonder how many medical evacs for heat stroke it will take before they lift the mask restriction for outdoors.

Hopefully outdoor transmission in the summer months is so low that it’s acceptable to not wear a mask and not have to worry about it until it starts cooling down and transmission rate increases. Only time will tell on this one.

Im 95% sure I’m going to book a trip for mid June, so I’ll let y’all know how it goes!
Yes, that's going to be interesting with tourists that spend a long day in the parks, and their young kids. Nick kind of alluded to this in an earlier post where he said something along the lines that a mask would be pretty uncomfortable after more than a few hours in the Florida heat/humidity. I don't see it as much of an issue with AP holders or locals that just pop into the parks for a few hours. At this point in time Universal probably doesn't have much of a choice, though that might be revisited later in the summer as you suggested. Myself, I'm not visiting until normalcy returns, probably next spring at the earliest. I'm not going to spend big bucks to be miserable.

I keep seeing people talking about about how uncomfortable the mask will be after a few hours. I’m wondering why people aren’t thinking about taking water and lunch breaks to help ease that uncomfortable time.
This is a new thing for going to the parks. Shouldn’t people plan on changing their usual routine to a new routine?

I booked yesterday for June 8th (great passholder rates) with staying on site I can hit the parks
for a few hours then go back to the hotel to "unmask" for a spell. I was wondering about hotel pools, will we be maskless? though I have never swimmed with a cloth/paper mask on, seems like it won't work for long.

I booked yesterday for June 8th (great passholder rates) with staying on site I can hit the parks
for a few hours then go back to the hotel to "unmask" for a spell. I was wondering about hotel pools, will we be maskless? though I have never swimmed with a cloth/paper mask on, seems like it won't work for long.
No masks in pools

Asian countries have been doing this for years without people falling over in the street. Apparently Americans are sooooo much weaker. :/

Asian countries have been doing this for years without people falling over in the street. Apparently Americans are sooooo much weaker. :/
That’s certainly not been my experience. I’ve been to 9 different countries in Asia, many several times, and when it’s 100 degrees out, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen an individual walking around with a mask on outside; granted, I wasn’t looking out for it.

Subways or mass transit- always.

They are also a fraction of our obesity levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.