Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I know many will disagree, I loved Mando more than any Live action Star Wars Story in a longgggg time and that was on a smaller buget.
So if this means movie studios have have to makes films that are more story based than just lots of CGI battles...I'm down with it.

I don't need more Transformers type films where the buget is all to action and they don' want to have even a basic idea of a story being told.

• Love
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Theater chains have gone defunct in the past. That's really nothing new. Generally smaller chains will replace them, and ultimately grow into a larger chain. It's not a death knell. There will be demand, and something will replace it's markets in a year or two. Long term, no big deal.

I'm not sure if AMC will be left standing after all is said and done (stupid amounts of debt it was barely getting by before all of this started), but just because there's the option to watch something at home doesn't mean theaters will go completely away. People have been able to cook at home for ages but restaurants are still a thing. It's an experience and night out that people can do so there will be some consumer demand at some level.
They got into so much debt because of a combination of running A-List at a loss and upgrading all of their theaters (which they had finished doing). The sad thing is that A-List actually had it's first quarter of profitability literally right before the Coronavirus hit and has now upended all of that progress.

So if you have a 100.4 fever, Universal Orlando hotels will turn you away, but allow your family in? How does that work? Especially if you fly in, do you automatically become homeless?

A fever can happen during the course of your trip, I don't see how you can fly to Orlando and risk being homeless, or quarantined alone in a room.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So if you have a 100.4 fever, Universal Orlando hotels will turn you away, but allow your family in? How does that work? Especially if you fly in, do you automatically become homeless?

A fever can happen during the course of your trip, I don't see how you can fly to Orlando and risk being homeless, or quarantined alone in a room.

how much does summer weather raise your temperature? if you are standing in front of the sun, how much is it raised?

Reactions: Coasted

Right. That's the worst thing can happen to you, and completely ruin your vacation. That's worst than wearing a mask all day in the heat....Won't catch me wasting money to vacation in Orlando, until this all changes back....not bad for the locals but so many possibilities that could really make a vacation 'miserable'. Get heat stroke from being in the pool too long, temperature rises, and goodbye, see you later, go find somewhere else to stay or go get checked at a hospital. Fun times.

Reactions: SJN1279
Right. That's the worst thing can happen to you, and completely ruin your vacation. That's worst than wearing a mask all day in the heat....Won't catch me wasting money to vacation in Orlando, until this all changes back....not bad for the locals but so many possibilities that could really make a vacation 'miserable'. Get heat stroke from being in the pool too long, temperature rises, and goodbye, see you later, go find somewhere else to stay or go get checked at a hospital. Fun times.

Yes, I believe that Universal and Disney will be safe places to go. My fear is the flight, and getting quarantined if god forbid someone gets sick.

100.4 fever can happen, and you don't need Covid to get it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Every temperature check I’ve seen at theme parks has an area to the side to sit and cool off for a few minutes if you hit 100.4 and then try the check again. If you still have a temperature at that point, then I’m not sure how you are dealt with (like if there’s medical professionals or what the deal is).

See being turned away from a Park, I can live with. It would stink, but I could deal.

Getting turned away from my hotel, if I flew to the destination, I don't know what you can do in that situation.

Every temperature check I’ve seen at theme parks has an area to the side to sit and cool off for a few minutes if you hit 100.4 and then try the check again. If you still have a temperature at that point, then I’m not sure how you are dealt with (like if there’s medical professionals or what the deal is).

At CW, they have one Health Services person stationed to the side of the temp check area. I believe they are there as a resource. If the guest still has a temp of 100.4 or above even after the second check, sadly, they would not be allowed to enter. (Again, this is for CW - I don’t know what the procedure is for guests checking into a resort.)

Reactions: Lucky Planet
UOR has seemed to make it clear, at least to me, that anyone with a temp is NOT allowed on property. They are not hiding that fact. I totally agree it would SUCK to get there and be turned away and have to go straight to an airport and attempt to find another hotel. BUT, they've made it clear that is a possibility. Its part of this inherent risk of going to the parks right now and I'm fully aware of this possibility if I made the trip down.

I mean I know I personally get hot flashes cause of anxiety, does that actually up my temperature? Idk.

Appears that Virgin have announced plans to restart passenger flights from July and this includes London Heathrow to Orlando

Edit - Jeepers beat me too it

I'm booked with them for September (from Glasgow though) so have their tweets on my notifications. I'm liking their new measures, makes me feel a bit better/optimistic that we will actually fly.

Reactions: UniversalManiac
Status
Not open for further replies.