Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and even Imagination are three of our fav attractions at Epcot. I was surprised to see that the girls (10 and 11) didn't like any of those three. They said they were boring. But they loved Ratatouie, Mission, Gran Fiesta ride, Test Track, Frozen ,Nemo, France film, and especially Soarin. They were so so on American Experience. Moana was closed both of the days we were there, so we couldn't do it.
Doesn't shock me. My kids only love living with the land because they love gardening with their dad. None of them like imagination and we normally only ride it once a year. Spaceship Earth my kids are odd and do like history, so my two oldest did like it, but I have strange kids. My middle STILL talks about Ratatouie 2 years after riding it, so that was a huge hit for her. I can see where those first 3 could be boring for many kids especially 10 and 11.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Doesn't shock me. My kids only love living with the land because they love gardening with their dad. None of them like imagination and we normally only ride it once a year. Spaceship Earth my kids are odd and do like history, so my two oldest did like it, but I have strange kids. My middle STILL talks about Ratatouie 2 years after riding it, so that was a huge hit for her. I can see where those first 3 could be boring for many kids especially 10 and 11.
There were only two other attractions they were bored with, and they were at MK. It's a Small World & Tiki Room. Those two surprised us. We did just about every attraction at the four parks. They insisted rerides on Soarin (4 times) . Rat (2 times), Mission Space (2 times), Frozen (2 times), Gran Fiesta (3 times). Their love of Mission Space was a surprise to me. We got off the first time and they demanded a second immediately. They liked it better than Millenium Falcon, which they were pilots on. We walked on MF and just the four of us in the cockpit, mid afternoon. Amazing. We would have ridden Rat and Frozen more, but the lines, while not real long, were a tad too long for any more waits.....It was very interesting to see what two young girls, first time at a park other than Kennywood, would like and/or dislike. Big smiles and wide eyed awe from those two the whole 10 days at the park. The 11 year old wanted to stay another week. Alene and I were talking the last day saying that it will seem funny not to have the kids with us in Universal in the fall. Scarlett, the 11 year old, heard and said, 'while then, take us with you'. I said schools in though. She said, 'then take us out of school'. And she just loves school. :)

Last edited:
Inside Out as a family dark ride and Cranium Command style show to replace WoL is a no-brainer Epcot addition, after seeing IO2 get ready to blast past $1 billion and be Disney's first big hit since 2022. It'd be a great thing for little ones not big enough for Cosmic Rewind, Mission Space or Test Track.

Is Inside Out getting big buzz as an Epcot addition due to the over performance of IO2. Magic Eye replacement seems too small for such a popular IP. I'm genuinely curious as it seems like too good a fit not to fast track into the parks.

Inside Out as a family dark ride and Cranium Command style show to replace WoL is a no-brainer Epcot addition, after seeing IO2 get ready to blast past $1 billion and be Disney's first big hit since 2022. It'd be a great thing for little ones not big enough for Cosmic Rewind, Mission Space or Test Track.

Is Inside Out getting big buzz as an Epcot addition due to the over performance of IO2. Magic Eye replacement seems too small for such a popular IP. I'm genuinely curious as it seems like too good a fit not to fast track into the parks.
It's more likely than it ever has been, but lots of popular franchises still don't have rides despite their popularity. WDI still hasn't made a real Incredibles ride, a franchise which, judging by Inside Out 2's box office, is probably comparable to Inside Out in popularity.

Reactions: Jake S and belloq87
There were only two other attractions they were bored with, and they were at MK. It's a Small World & Tiki Room. Those two surprised us. We did just about every attraction at the four parks. They insisted rerides on Soarin (4 times) . Rat (2 times), Mission Space (2 times), Frozen (2 times), Gran Fiesta (3 times). Their love of Mission Space was a surprise to me. We got off the first time and they demanded a second immediately. They liked it better than Millenium Falcon, which they were pilots on. We walked on MF and just the four of us in the cockpit, mid afternoon. Amazing. We would have ridden Rat and Frozen more, but the lines, while not real long, were a tad too long for any more waits.....It was very interesting to see what two young girls, first time at a park other than Kennywood, would like and/or dislike. Big smiles and wide eyed awe from those two the whole 10 days at the park. The 11 year old wanted to stay another week. Alene and I were talking the last day saying that it will seem funny not to have the kids with us in Universal in the fall. Scarlett, the 11 year old, heard and said, 'while then, take us with you'. I said schools in though. She said, 'then take us out of school'. And she just loves school. :)
The MK ones don't shock me. They honestly are not hits with my kids and I always hated It's a Small World as a child and only grew to love it because my son when he was alive loved that ride due to all the colors and lights. I have definitely soon the parks a different way with kids.

My kids love school too, but love when we take them out for trips. We did the Eclipse and Silver Dollar City and they missed 3 days and were very happy with that trip. I don't mind since they get good grades. If they didn't, I wouldn't pull them. I also watch to not pull around big tests as they would be too nervous to miss reviews before the test or the test itself. Smaller tests they are fine with. So no end of April/May trips for us.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah... they're definitely bringing Zootopia Land to WDW lol. Have they ever done this with any other land?

First of all, thanks, but no thanks, Disney. That ride would be tremendously redundant in a park that already has Runaway Railway (I'm assuming it would go into Hollywood Studios).

Second, I do believe there was an entire Shanghai exhibit in that China space around when that park opened.

ETA: I didn't mean to make you angry @saint.piss! The tone of that first point is directed at Disney, not you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake S and Clive
First of all, thanks, but no thanks, Disney. That ride would be tremendously redundant in a park that already has Runaway Railway (I'm assuming it would go into Hollywood Studios).

Second, I do believe there was an entire Shanghai exhibit in that China space around when that park opened.

ETA: I didn't mean to make you angry @saint.piss! The tone of that first point is directed at Disney, not you.
I am confused. This is just adding the land that exists in the park to the exhibit. This has nothing to do with adding a land to DHS or any other park. It is just updating the exhibit to be more accurate, right?

Another problem with Zootopia coming to DHS is it could very well be just one ride. Disney knows DHS has capacity problems and would surely want to do a land with at least 2-3 rides.

Reactions: belloq87
I just really want this land in the states lol. Also the more I think about it, why not put it in MK? MK doesn't have a trackless dark ride and that park could use a huge IP land like that. Disneyland in California has GE but our castle park doesn't have a land like that. Though the IP would make more sense at HS I wouldn't mind it going to MK.

Reactions: belloq87
I mean, we're already getting Zootopia in DAK. Right?

2c91de_1c590eeeb91e485f8f3049f74740e81f~mv2.jpg

......... Right?