Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And I get that, but let me put it at this.

It may not have the best story, and it may be the Transformers situation all over again; but there are far better projects in the horizon that the fans will be happy about. This attraction, is not for the fans. It's for the General Public; and that is what they're going to be reaching for, because F&F is a huge IP for Universal.

It will probably make the fans angry, because it took away Disaster and Beetlejuice, but considering all the rumors of SLoP and Nintendo; those projects should be things that fans look forward too a lot more than this. And while I did find Supercharged at USH to be tolerable; I think you guys (and Beijing) will be getting the much better experience overall. So yes, while I am hopeful on Supercharged being better for you guys; I think we are looking at the wrong projects to be excited about for the next few years.

Honestly, this is what's gotten me over my ill-feeling of this project. @Alexshow was it you on another thread that posted all of the rides we've gotten recently and are getting soon? Sure, with F&F and JF they're going with the quantity part now, but we know we're getting some quality rides to go along WITH the quantity soon enough so I'm over being picky about this project. Bring on the crowd eater!

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Just to help clarify this, they were never going to be Kong like since the beginning. Are you trying to clarify that they might not be running on batteries?

You had posted that they would be a pair of tram like vehicles that could pull up together on the motion base so they were side by side I think?

Maybe that is why the huge hole was dug?

I could see that working for capacity but confused how it would work for viewing.

Having now seen the source material in Hollywood, I can only hope they trash the footage and do something new. The scenes leading up to the 360 action are awkward at best. The actors look like they were reading the script for an audition and waiting for someone to yell cut, thank you, next. These folks need an editor to look good; neither the script nor the acting can carry a 2-3 minute continuous shot. Picture Bill Weasley and Blordak with little to no scripted action, fidgeting in place while reciting their lines. Unless the rest (meaning the 360 scene) is unexpectedly stellar, as a local I'll ride this as often as I used to ride Disaster, which is not at all.

The 360 scene might be ok, but I really hope they revisit it. The Kong footage is spectacular. This, not so much. The main 4D gag is blowing puffs of smoke at the tram, so that's new at least.

On a general note, the 360 screens in Hollywood are really, really long, and not nearly tall enough relative to the length and how far away from the tram they are. If you thought Kong needed taller screens in Orlando, imagine a screen about half the height and you get an idea of the aspect of those screens and how much field of vision they take up. They also use polarized 3D for some reason. I only had one shot at the tram tour, and I was in the last car on the far right which is probably one of the worst seats on the tram for these screens, but I can't imagine there's more than a handful of seats in each car that are ideal.

So, as down as I am on it now, I have to say relative to Orlando the Kong 360 part of the tour is disappointing as well. If they can tighten up the story and make the 360 sequence a compelling bit of action I may change my mind.

Having now seen the source material in Hollywood, I can only hope they trash the footage and do something new. The scenes leading up to the 360 action are awkward at best. The actors look like they were reading the script for an audition and waiting for someone to yell cut, thank you, next. These folks need an editor to look good; neither the script nor the acting can carry a 2-3 minute continuous shot. Picture Bill Weasley and Blordak with little to no scripted action, fidgeting in place while reciting their lines. Unless the rest (meaning the 360 scene) is unexpectedly stellar, as a local I'll ride this as often as I used to ride Disaster, which is not at all.

The 360 scene might be ok, but I really hope they revisit it. The Kong footage is spectacular. This, not so much. The main 4D gag is blowing puffs of smoke at the tram, so that's new at least.

On a general note, the 360 screens in Hollywood are really, really long, and not nearly tall enough relative to the length and how far away from the tram they are. If you thought Kong needed taller screens in Orlando, imagine a screen about half the height and you get an idea of the aspect of those screens and how much field of vision they take up. They also use polarized 3D for some reason. I only had one shot at the tram tour, and I was in the last car on the far right which is probably one of the worst seats on the tram for these screens, but I can't imagine there's more than a handful of seats in each car that are ideal.

So, as down as I am on it now, I have to say relative to Orlando the Kong 360 part of the tour is disappointing as well. If they can tighten up the story and make the 360 sequence a compelling bit of action I may change my mind.
I say they should add the Kong AA finale to Hollywood. Really seems unfair that theirs burned down and then only we get a new AA.

Let me also say that out of selfishness I just love Uni's very clear and obvious favoritism for Orlando :D

The Rock would whoop his candy a**, lol

Here is the caption for the IG post

therockThis is my final week of shooting#FastAndFurious8. There's no other franchise that gets my blood boiling more than this one. An incredible hard working crew. UNIVERSAL has been great partners as well. My female co-stars are always amazing and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story. Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don't. The ones that don't are too chicken poop to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right.

Bottom line is it'll play great for the movie and fits this Hobbs character that's embedded in my DNA extremely well. The producer in me is happy about this part. Final week on FAST 8 and I'll finish strong.
#IcemanCometh #F8#ZeroToleranceForCandyAsses

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Mike S

therockThis is my final week of shooting#FastAndFurious8. There's no other franchise that gets my blood boiling more than this one. An incredible hard working crew. UNIVERSAL has been great partners as well. My female co-stars are always amazing and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story. Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don't. The ones that don't are too chicken poop to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right.

Bottom line is it'll play great for the movie and fits this Hobbs character that's embedded in my DNA extremely well. The producer in me is happy about this part. Final week on FAST 8 and I'll finish strong.

Can't wait to see him in Moana :lol:

Reactions: Joel and snayberry
Rock has a very well known and very violent temper. If Vin was a football mascot he might be in trouble ;)

(when he played for the Hurricanes there was a bench clearing brawl between the two teams on the field and Rock went after the mascot)

This testosterone spat between two hulking bald guys might be the most I've ever read about a F&F movie...

Reactions: Mike S and Joel

I find it difficult to take anything like this seriously any more, I think it's all getting played up to gather interest in the film. Nothing more.