Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

The IP itself doesn’t interest me enough here. Are F&F fans going to enjoy this? I haven’t seen a single movie, so the 90% of the ride that’s a TV screen or musion effect with the characters doesn’t do much for me. It seems like you barely even learn their names.

That’s not necessarily a knock on the ride, I just have been more interested in other rides with source material I haven’t seen (Fallon, Transformers, etc.)

My family and I really like the ride and everyone in our bus seemed to have fun - much, much better than Fallon and not quite as good as kong (which I really like).
Thanks for this review! I’m interested to know how ‘broad’ the appeal of this ride is to those not familiar with the franchise. Are you guys quite familiar with the movies or not?
I watched the whole saga (for my sins) in anticipation of the ride and don’t feel much the wiser as to whether I’ll ultimately enjoy it more or less for having suffered through some of them :lol:. Just curious to hear thoughts from folks with different experience of the property beforehand.

Thanks for this review! I’m interested to know how ‘broad’ the appeal of this ride is to those not familiar with the franchise. Are you guys quite familiar with the movies or not?
I watched the whole saga (for my sins) in anticipation of the ride and don’t feel much the wiser as to whether I’ll ultimately enjoy it more or less for having suffered through some of them :lol:. Just curious to hear thoughts from folks with different experience of the property beforehand.

My 2 teenage sons have seen most of the movies. I have not seen any of the movies but still really enjoyed the ride.

The IP itself doesn’t interest me enough here. Are F&F fans going to enjoy this? I haven’t seen a single movie, so the 90% of the ride that’s a TV screen or musion effect with the characters doesn’t do much for me. It seems like you barely even learn their names.

That’s not necessarily a knock on the ride, I just have been more interested in other rides with source material I haven’t seen (Fallon, Transformers, etc.)

This raises a good point. I think the fans of F&F will probably be the ones to hate this the most and the non fans will enjoy it considerably more.

I feel like this has been Universal’s MO for years now. Forbidden Journey got more attention for its queue (come see Hogwarts for realz!!) than the ride itself, especially from the public. Kong had an over proportional amount of praise for its queue too. You could even go as far back as Despeciable Me or Simpsons, both of which were praised heavily for their queues.

I’d go as far as to say that the Diagon rides are the only modern Universal rides where the ride gets as much praise as the queue.

Happy to be proven wrong.

I'd say this is fair. I loved Gringotts way more than I did FJ but I'm never really sure what the popular opinion on Gringotts is, nobody seems to love it but nobody seems to hate it either.

It's a real bummer since we all have been expecting: a 3d/2d screen ride that no one ever bothers to care about it nor it expects to exhilarate the audience in the same way as for Harry Potter and the upcoming Star Wars Land. It could have the potential to become a HUGE E-ticket attraction had not for the lack of space, but Universal decided to waste its own IPs for screen rides. After riding this a few times in L.A., it's not a surprise when Universal import things here to the Southern East Coast, they don't usually improve them greatly like it did back in the good old days.

Literally hasn't been open 15 mins and we have a POV.

I love IU.
I have a feeling that was a TM who waited until softs opened to public if it was really up that quickly.

yea because Universal is worried about that one tweet while most are ride is okay but the queue is great.
The queue is not great. There's nothing wrong with it, but even in with the two pre-shows, there's nothing that stands out about the queue other than that it looks like if Test Track and Disaster's queue had a baby.

Calling this queue great is a disservice to the truly great queues.

Brains and Beauty on Twitter

and IU which was extremely positive

...the only fully negative one is the one you posted.

What are you trying to prove? Have you been on the ride yourself? It's a piece of trash.

Last edited:
The queue is not great. There's nothing wrong with it, but even in with the two pre-shows, there's nothing that stands out about the queue other than that it looks like if Test Track and Disaster's queue had a baby.
Sounds like a cool combo to me.