Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything takes over D.C., it's going to be a Forbidden Forest related ride. They are not ripping out the whomping willow from Forbidden Journey.
The whomping willow would be placed in the forbidden forest ride. Everybody is talking about a flying car ride that goes through the forbidden forest. The whomping willow would be an amazing part to the ride. Why wouldn't the whomping willow scene in FJ be replaced? It's very possible.

The whomping willow would be placed in the forbidden forest ride. Everybody is talking about a flying car ride that goes through the forbidden forest. The whomping willow would be an amazing part to the ride. Why wouldn't the whomping willow scene in FJ be replaced? It's very possible.
Because it would mean closing one of their biggest people movers, which is one of the biggest pulls to the park, while also demoing and building an attraction in the same land. That's a nightmare

Reactions: Andysol and Mike S
Let me rephrase it this way. Why do you feel the need for a tamer experience for Potter? Fallon, Kong, F&F and Nintendo are all recent and upcoming attractions with minimum height limits "36 inches". I think its ridiculous to push for more attractions for those who fit that instead of Universals main audience is tweens teens and young adults which also happens to skew male. You already have enough upcoming attractions to feel the void of lack of height requirements and you are getting rid of a somewhat high thrill ride so you should keep it a somewhat high thrill ride

If they are getting rid of DC, I could see a thrilling ride replacing it. I would ask this, though. It seems as if DC doesn't have long lines, which could be caused by having two coasters running side by side (not dueling). Or, is it caused by people not wanting to ride that thrilling of a coaster (makes no sense since big coasters have the longest lines at most parks)?

I would hope that they would blend both aspects together. Gringotts has a lower thrill quotient to it. The first half of a DC replacement could be standard dark ride and the last half a thrilling finale. Thus, the ride would have a decent ride time, appeal to a large variety of riders, and not fall into the Disney "No more thrilling than Barnstormer" or whatever it's called.

Reactions: LJGonz
Because it would mean closing one of their biggest people movers, which is one of the biggest pulls to the park, while also demoing and building an attraction in the same land. That's a nightmare
Ur right, but I think it would be cool to add a whomping willow scene in the ride. A moving transfer track like the one in Gringots, but it would obviously shake and move more.

If they are getting rid of DC, I could see a thrilling ride replacing it. I would ask this, though. It seems as if DC doesn't have long lines, which could be caused by having two coasters running side by side (not dueling). Or, is it caused by people not wanting to ride that thrilling of a coaster (makes no sense since big coasters have the longest lines at most parks)?

It's just a massive people eater. Think of how short the lines would be at Banshee if you went through the same queue, but instead there was two coasters there to ride. I actually saw a study at some point that said if the two were running at peak capacity, they could put more people through than the actual queue lines themselves.

Reactions: SkiBum
It's just a massive people eater. Think of how short the lines would be at Banshee if you went through the same queue, but instead there was two coasters there to ride. I actually saw a study at some point that said if the two were running at peak capacity, they could put more people through than the actual queue lines themselves.

That makes sense. Dueling Banshees. That would be awesome. Thing is, I enjoyed Dragons' Challenge a great deal. It's B&M, inverted, and fun. When the lines were short, I would basically exit one side and reenter to ride the other. I just hate the thought of taking it out.

That makes sense. Dueling Banshees. That would be awesome. Thing is, I enjoyed Dragons' Challenge a great deal. It's B&M, inverted, and fun. When the lines were short, I would basically exit one side and reenter to ride the other. I just hate the thought of taking it out.
Same here, Dragons is so much better than Hulk as well.

Why can't they add the forbidden forest expansion, and just make the lost continent DC and take out all the other buildings. I love DC.

Dragons Challenge has many things going for it to be removed

1.) Its prime real estate for something that would make more cohesive sense than what's there

2.) Dragons Challenge is an old roller coaster, that doesn't do what it's designed to do

And 3.) Dragons Challenge is a shell of it's former self.

What made the attraction iconic, is gone; it's also dated and it's sitting on space that would be better suited for a completely new experience.

1.) Its prime real estate for something that would make more cohesive sense than what's there

2.) Dragons Challenge is an old roller coaster, that doesn't do what it's designed to do

What made the attraction iconic, is gone; it's also dated and it's sitting on space that would be better suited for a completely new experience.

I'm starting to see a trend more for indoor coasters as well given the weather in Florida which is making outdoor coasters like DC a waste the second sky even starts to look like it might rain.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
If we could get an indoor coaster that had the same thrill level as D.C. And was hyper themed and hidden in a good show building I would be all for it. There might even be room left on the plot for a second smaller dark ride depending on how everything is set up. That's best case scenario for me.

If we could get an indoor coaster that had the same thrill level as D.C. And was hyper themed and hidden in a good show building I would be all for it. There might even be room left on the plot for a second smaller dark ride depending on how everything is set up. That's best case scenario for me.

Or two indoor rides....one intense and one mild that tie into the forbidden forest theme. I mean its easier to do a forest indoors like ET and make it for all weather and then hide the show building. That way everyone is happy.

Or two indoor rides....one intense and one mild that tie into the forbidden forest theme. I mean its easier to do a forest indoors like ET and make it for all weather and then hide the show building. That way everyone is happy.
I think 2 indoor coasters back to back is too much. We need a nicely themed land it's an indoor coaster and a bomb resturant.

Think mini land. Not two coasters back to back and if its themed to the forbidden forest adding a restaurant would be far from canon.
If DC could fit diagon alley, then I don't think that's mini. I want to see an elaborate, breath taking, outstanding resturant in the park. With amazing food.

4) The metal detectors are a huge pain point for WB and UOR.

4) The metal detectors are a huge pain point for WB and UOR.

If there's a single point that would suggest the end of DC more than the others it would be that. HRRR and Hulk, they kind of tie their park image too. DC, is hidden and is in prime Potter real estate. So if they can get rid of one of their headaches....

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.