Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4) The metal detectors are a huge pain point for WB and UOR.
I'm surprised WB cares about the metal detectors. In any theme park, you have to break the theme a little bit for the machinery of the park.

I imagine UOR hates the potential liability and operations hassle. WB is worried about having their IP on a ride that could hurt somebody from flying debris?

Why can't they add the forbidden forest expansion, and just make the lost continent DC and take out all the other buildings. I love DC.
I don't mean this to sound like a personal attack, but I'm guessing you are young (early teens) so you don't quite get the business of theme parks. This is not Roller Coaster Tycoon where you just pick up and move rides like that.

Companies like Universal make decisions based on money. If there is no return on the investment it's not happening. Moving Dragon's Challenge just down the pathway after demolishing all the remaining structures of Lost Continent would cost millions of dollars and add nothing in attendance and revenue. Like many of the posts you've been making about ways for the park to improve, there is no reason logically to do most of the things you have suggested.

The old saying is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and most of IoA is not broken. Could it be improved, yes. Will it be improved, yes. Is it their top priority to do those kinds of things, no. They have a raft of new projects in the pipeline including an entirely new theme park that are the main priorities.

I don't mean this to sound like a personal attack, but I'm guessing you are young (early teens) so you don't quite get the business of theme parks. This is not Roller Coaster Tycoon where you just pick up and move rides like that.

Companies like Universal make decisions based on money. If there is no return on the investment it's not happening. Moving Dragon's Challenge just down the pathway after demolishing all the remaining structures of Lost Continent would cost millions of dollars and add nothing in attendance and revenue. Like many of the posts you've been making about ways for the park to improve, there is no reason logically to do most of the things you have suggested.

The old saying is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and most of IoA is not broken. Could it be improved, yes. Will it be improved, yes. Is it their top priority to do those kinds of things, no. They have a raft of new projects in the pipeline including an entirely new theme park that are the main priorities.
This ride has a good amount of staff as well...One roaming in the locker area, two metal detector people, plus your normal ride ops

This ride has a good amount of staff as well...One roaming in the locker area, two metal detector people, plus your normal ride ops

Pretty much ever ride/show/etc in Potter is staffed with huge numbers of people because Rowling/WB refused to let signs do any of the talking. You're supposed to ask the employees what to do and where to go.

Reactions: Mike S

I'm almost 17. It wasn't an actual legitimate thought, I was just naming any possible way the coaster could stay. I know that US wouldn't actually do that.

Thematically, they don't make sense at all.

No, no, they are using the Probity Probes (I still can't believe JK wrote those in) for the detection process. Might have been my least favorite mutilation of the English language. Sheesh.

Alexshow and TestTrack make good points as usual. I just loved the rides. Of course, I marathoned them when I was not quite 30. If I did that now, I wouldn't feel so good. Like, for the rest of the day. Curses on age-acquired motion sickness. I miss the days when I could ride anything and not feel the least bit of discomfort.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
No, no, they are using the Probity Probes (I still can't believe JK wrote those in) for the detection process. Might have been my least favorite mutilation of the English language. Sheesh.

Alexshow and TestTrack make good points as usual. I just loved the rides. Of course, I marathoned them when I was not quite 30. If I did that now, I wouldn't feel so good. Like, for the rest of the day. Curses on age-acquired motion sickness. I miss the days when I could ride anything and not feel the least bit of discomfort.
DC is a killer for me on motion sickness. BGW has a similar coaster, though single, in Alpengeist, and I get really feeling lousy on that one too. Pure age thing. Loved those types when I was younger though.

DC is a killer for me on motion sickness. BGW has a similar coaster, though single, in Alpengeist, and I get really feeling lousy on that one too. Pure age thing. Loved those types when I was younger though.

Alpengeist is so fun but I haven't ridden it 1997. Those were the good days when nothing bothered me. Raptor, Millennium Force, Montu, and a host of others. Now, I do them but, even with Dramamine, it is playing Russian roulette with my system, without the fear of a death, though, just the fear of feeling very unwell.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Of course, I marathoned them when I was not quite 30. If I did that now, I wouldn't feel so good. Like, for the rest of the day. Curses on age-acquired motion sickness. I miss the days when I could ride anything and not feel the least bit of discomfort.

I refuse to believe that this will happen to me. I'm going to be young forever!

But seriously, I'm almost 28 and roller coasters are one of the only things that keep me going, so I hope this doesn't happen to me.

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
I refuse to believe that this will happen to me. I'm going to be young forever!

But seriously, I'm almost 28 and roller coasters are one of the only things that keep me going, so I hope this doesn't happen to me.
I was fine on all coasters until I hit 50. I can still do some, but the types like DC, Alpengeist and Raptor are especially tough with motion sickness. And the teacup type spinners I quit around age 30. But I'm OK on all the other stuff like Mummy, Aerosmith, Simpsons etc. ....

Holy, I never knew so many people here were old. I'm turning 17 in a month and I feel old. I hate to even tell people that imma junior in high school because it sound old.

Holy, I never knew so many people here were old. I'm turning 17 in a month and I feel old. I hate to even tell people that imma junior in high school because it sound old.
Depending on your life experiences you will feel that way til about 25 then you look around and see that you are really really young. If you are lucky - some never get the awakening

I still don't think Dragon Challenge is going anywhere anytime soon. Too many other fish to fry at the resort, with the Fast N Furious and Nintendo projects, not to mention the new theme park on site B. I see the Toon Ampitheatre being priority before more Potter stuff...and of course IF more Potter stuff comes, I'd expect the expansion to go to Diagon Alley seeing as how there's only one ride there and Fear Factor would make much more sense to demo over the coasters.

I still think DC is the best coaster in park, and i honestly think no one knows when it's leaving. I remember last Memorial Day weekend in 2016, people were telling me it get my last rides out of the way.

37, looking forward to 38 in August ... I have always been the oddball who hated being young, I actually like getting older.

As for DC, hope it stays, but if it does go one day, I hope they go for another coaster. I also understand why people don't like inverts, they do tend to pull the most Gs etc. As for an indoor Forbidden Forest that combines two rides, how about a coaster and a slow boat ride combo?

Reactions: Cheezbat
Still, just a handful of us old heads, since we have a bad habit of dying off. :lol:....I would guess that the vast majority of regular OU Forum posters are in the 20-35 age demographic, & comprise a few ladies, but mostly men.

Status
Not open for further replies.