Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

After walking through this land again I never realized that the soundtrack changes depending on where you are standing in the land

Why did I just now realize this?
Not only that, its all one track. But the different voices and characters and instruments change with each section. When it's quiet in the park you can hear the call and response as everything is timed and somehow the main song fits the characters theme song inside it.

Is She-ra the singer that sang "Whenever, Wherever" or "My Humps"? Also, why do you want her to perform in Toon Lagoon?
i-

That's Shakira, and The Black Eyed Peas did "My Humps".

She-Ra is a show about Adora, a girl who becomes the next in a long line of defenders against these guys called the Horde, and the next wielder of this sword that enables very special, transformative powers within her. That's the Cliffnotes version, the rest of the show is incredibly detailed and one of the most well-written cartoons I've seen in a while. It's on Netflix.

She-Ra herself has been doing M&Gs since this past summer in the Lost Continent, but I'd love for her and her crew to have a bigger role.

Are we expecting many/any changes with the Popeye's refurb? New AA maybe? Updated paint? BF loves Popeye and we were sad it was closed last time we were hear, a must do come April!

Mostly down for work on JP, if things are being done beyond the yearly refurb then they will be more about pumps, motors, etc than show elements.
Good to know, thanks. Haven't ridden this in years anyways so Im sure I won't notice anything different. We didn't really have time for the TL water rides last trip last month so Im anxious to get on them honestly.

Just gonna throw this idea out there:

Keep Popeye, My Ship Olive, Wimpy’s and the entire area past the bridge. You essentially have a mini land called “Sweethaven” which is Popeye’s island.

Instead of just adding something at TL theater, wipe out that entire area including Dudley’s and all restaurants and make a brand new island w/ 2 new attractions (C &E). And it could be, literally, any property they want. Doesn’t have to be “comic/animation”.
Fixes the redundancy of two water rides in same area. And actually isolates one area to a water area only. And it will fix the hike to Kong from Marvel.

All along I’ve thought “do something with TL theater”, when in reality, that’s a bandaid on a bigger problem. And popeye being isolated saves that phenomenal attraction and create a mini land while creating a new larger land and capacity.

Universal 2024, the year they ensure Islands stays better than Epic Universe. :grin:

nstead of just adding something at TL theater, wipe out that entire area including Dudley’s and all restaurants and make a brand new island w/ 2 new attractions (C &E). And it could be, literally, any property they want. Doesn’t have to be “comic/animation”.
Fixes the redundancy of two water rides in same area. And actually isolates one area to a water area only. And it will fix the hike to Kong from Marvel.

Ooo, tank Dudley's? That's a bold move, Cotton. Although I'd say it needs a little TLC, don't know if it needs to be yanked entirely. I understand the idea of spreading out the water rides...although, it is "Toon Lagoon" for a reason. :)

It's easier to prepare for water rides, with clothes etc., when they're all in the same vicinity. We generally set aside special times to do a series of rides on JPR, Popeye, & Dudley. We'll ride JPR just about anytime since you don't usually get real soaked on it, but Dudley and Popeye are probably the wettest theme park rides in existence. I like them the way they are and not scattered about two resorts. Universal publicly says that 80% of all their tickets are park hoppers, so it's relatively easy to use IOA as one's cooling off destination.

Just gonna throw this idea out there:

Keep Popeye, My Ship Olive, Wimpy’s and the entire area past the bridge. You essentially have a mini land called “Sweethaven” which is Popeye’s island.

Instead of just adding something at TL theater, wipe out that entire area including Dudley’s and all restaurants and make a brand new island w/ 2 new attractions (C &E). And it could be, literally, any property they want. Doesn’t have to be “comic/animation”.

All along I’ve thought “do something with TL theater”, when in reality, that’s a bandaid on a bigger problem. And popeye being isolated saves that phenomenal attraction and create a mini land while creating a new larger land and capacity.

Universal 2024, the year they ensure Islands stays better than Epic Universe. :grin:
Bold, but one of the best ideas yet I would say. It’d kill me to see Dudley’s go but this is ultimately a great decision. I think doing this after they tackle LC is the right move. Could be anything.
To solve their problems of nothing to do when it rains, the KFP land in Beijing sounds like a perfect replacement

Future of Toon Lagoon? Theme Park University says, Lord of the Rings. Maybe.

Universal Orlando Is Quietly Working on A "Lord of The Rings" Land? - Theme Park University
giphy.gif

I’d rather them get rid of Popeyes altogether than try to retrofit something. And I doubt they would try to retrofit it.

LotR would be a phenomenal IP for any park to get. Of all the parks in the US, IoA would certainly be the best fit thematically. It blends perfectly with the other islands. Surprisingly, Marvel would be the odd man out thematically. I’d certainly be all for it.

I think they have more than enough room between Dudley and TL theater and all of the stores to build the land and actually leave Popeyes and it’s mini island across the bridge alone. I’d prefer they level everything, add an E dark inside ride, a C/D and keep Popeyes as is but earmark it for expansion when they feel necessary if the land makes serious $. That would be wise as they could then remarket it again. But if they want to make one giant land that includes taking Popeye, I’d be fine with that too.

Even though I adore popeye, to give it up (like jaws) for something like Diagon (but a much larger LotR land) would be a sacrifice worth making.

I know Universal has been working the IP for over a decade. I mentioned it back when this site was Orlando United. So I would not be surprised.
Good to know they’ve spent a decade on it, likely just need the go ahead from the Tolkien estate if I had to guess.

I know we’ve all been over this before, but if any company wants to truly compete with the Mouse in terms of theme parks, having Harry Potter, Nintendo, and LOTR is certainly the way to do it.

Also, TPU is correct sometimes. Not all the time, and I typically hate their writing, but their not constantly misleading people and reporting whatever the f they hear.