Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to consider when looking at Hunger Games for one of these expansions, though not necessarily the "Big IP", is that Universal & Lionsgate already work closely together. Lionsgate uses Universal as a distributor for all of their Summit division (Twilight, Reds, etc.) dvd's & merchandise. So, since LGFl has been shopping their Hunger Games theme park rights, Universal would be a natural if they're interested. And the Hunger Games IP will be fresh for the future with the prequels & sequels following next year's Mockinjay Pt. 2 (Note: Mockingjay 1 just passed Guardians of the Galaxy in US boxoffice) ....My thoughts are LOR or a huge Marvel expansion for the big, knock your socks off, expansion.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out before, but apparently there is a 370 space parking garage being built at RPR with the new convention space.

RPRParking_zps362742e9.png
[/URL]

Last edited:
One thing to consider when looking at Hunger Games for one of these expansions, though not necessarily the "Big IP", is that Universal & Lionsgate already work closely together. Lionsgate uses Universal as a distributor for all of their Summit division (Twilight, Reds, etc.) dvd's & merchandise. So, since LGFl has been shopping their Hunger Games theme park rights, Universal would be a natural if they're interested. And the Hunger Games IP will be fresh for the future with the prequels & sequels following next year's Mockinjay Pt. 2 (Note: Mockingjay 1 just passed Guardians of the Galaxy in US boxoffice) ....My thoughts are LOR or a huge Marvel expansion for the big, knock your socks off, expansion.

I'm sorry but how is Hunger Games work in a theme park enviroment? I understand it's a big current property but I just don't see how it translates into an attraction.

I'm sorry but how is Hunger Games work in a theme park enviroment? I understand it's a big current property but I just don't see how it translates into an attraction.

I was asking myself the same thing the other day but figured it out. Depending on what kind of ride profile they go for they would have different options.
1) Dark ride - You go through the Hunger Games Arena in an omnimover style ride similar to Space Ship Earth, you get to witness the various kills of the hunger games. For Example some kid bashing some other kids head in with a rock :horse:
2) Screen Based Ride - Similar to 1 but instead of slow moving death scenes there are quick cuts to show you the action from multiple views while riding a Kuka arm a la Forbidden Journey putting you in the middle of the action!
3) Coaster type ride - You get to be one of Katniss Everdeen's arrows being shot through the woods finally impaling (coaster quick brake) into a target (read teenager that no one liked)

It has been a long day and I may or may not be getting punchy :bolt:

Hunger games could be awesome depending on the angle. I mean its very easy to be categorize. Hogwart Express like Train ride where you see each of the 12 districts pass you with fun effects to the Capitol. Capitol people dress like Lady Gaga and super fancy and cool. Dress like Effie Trinket experience. Wear Katiness Flaming Dress. Drink Colorful drinks and cakes. There in the Capitol, you meet your tributes and enjoy supporting and helping your tribute win and kill the other tributes (HUNGER GAME STUNT SPECTULAR: ONLY ONE WILL WIN) , your tributes and get to see them fight to the death. The ultimate experience, you go into the world as Tribute, screen based physical set based ride. First Preshow, is being chosen as tribute using the ET namebase thing. Followed by motion simulator preshow where you are flying to the arena. Then the Arena as this is a quarter quell which means the rules have changed. You all are on teams of 8 people and all 8 will get to live as you ride on this unique ride, you go up to the arena where you wait in your back to back kuka arm based ride before you rush and attack. you get jolted by lightning, feels flames of heat, get drowned by water, while you try to survive with interact buttons to help your team to victory. May the odds be in your favor.

Hunger games could be awesome depending on the angle. I mean its very easy to be categorize. Hogwart Express like Train ride where you see each of the 12 districts pass you with fun effects to the Capitol. Capitol people dress like Lady Gaga and super fancy and cool. Dress like Effie Trinket experience. Wear Katiness Flaming Dress. Drink Colorful drinks and cakes. There in the Capitol, you meet your tributes and enjoy supporting and helping your tribute win and kill the other tributes (HUNGER GAME STUNT SPECTULAR: ONLY ONE WILL WIN) , your tributes and get to see them fight to the death. The ultimate experience, you go into the world as Tribute, screen based physical set based ride. First Preshow, is being chosen as tribute using the ET namebase thing. Followed by motion simulator preshow where you are flying to the arena. Then the Arena as this is a quarter quell which means the rules have changed. You all are on teams of 8 people and all 8 will get to live as you ride on this unique ride, you go up to the arena where you wait in your back to back kuka arm based ride before you rush and attack. you get jolted by lightning, feels flames of heat, get drowned by water, while you try to survive with interact buttons to help your team to victory. May the odds be in your favor.

There is quite a bit in the second movie that could be ride material...the only issue people might have is the fact that children die...I know HP has some pretty rough stuff, but..

Ive had this great idea for a Hunger Games ride where it takes the place of T2-3d. Similar story lines, you're prospective new citizens in the Capitol, the resistance attacks etc.

Ok, when it rains it pours on some days. Today is such a day. I am sick of sending PM's so I will post cryptically and publicly. Forgive me this crap friends and hate me more the rest of you.

Turns out, both appear to be happening but your # was incorrect for one of them. It seems that two icons will be leaving, one in toto, the other in theme (the theme one is a choker! (and what you thought area-wise)). But after much objection on my part today, I finally thought, "yeah, ok, that would work".

So, let us see. If I don't reply tomorrow, then it is because I was taken out by Universal Legal's thugs. My new address will be, "Snowbank".

Okay, so Twister is definitely gone, but I think we had that figured so far. Can't decipher the second part.

So by area we thought that means kidzone? And choker means that they decided to kill Et to expand the scope of the kidzone project?

That's juicy.

Two icons? One replaced in toto and the other gets re-themed.

So my blind stab-in-the-dark guess: Twister gets completely replaced, and E.T. is kept with a re-theme (and as part of the larger Kidzone redo). Beats me.

So the other (retheme) is in IOA. Icons, CITH, Dudley,maybe Poseidon, Dragons? Certainly not SpiderMan or the Hulk. Or would they be that risque?.....Teebin: If IOA Marvel would have been IOA Gotham, you could have played the Riddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.