Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a warehouse behind Doctor Doom used for storage. It's called Carnage Warehouse because the HHN house Maximum Carnage (I think that's what it was called) was housed there during HHN in IoA. It's in ReelJustice's pic of the area he posted a few pages back.

Correct and if memory serves it was the only HHN with a video and was the first time the vortex tunnel was used.

Ok, finally some actual Future Universal Projects news. A startling update from my perspective.

Twister. I was under the impression this would be a wham bam gut the building, build the C-D ticket replacement and open 6-8 months later. I was really thinking this up until just a few weeks ago when I was smacked in the face.

The bad news is that it will not be opening in 6-8 months. The good news is that they appear to be shooting for an E-ticket. But once again, the bad but understandable news is that such an attraction takes time.

So, even though Twister may close any day or month now, the building will not be reopening until after a certain waterpark opens.

There you have it. That is the news update.

Ok, finally some actual Future Universal Projects news. A startling update from my perspective.

Twister. I was under the impression this would be a wham bam gut the building, build the C-D ticket replacement and open 6-8 months later. I was really thinking this up until just a few weeks ago when I was smacked in the face.

The bad news is that it will not be opening in 6-8 months. The good news is that they appear to be shooting for an E-ticket. But once again, the bad but understandable news is that such an attraction takes time.

So, even though Twister may close any day or month now, the building will not be reopening until after a certain waterpark opens.

That's good news to me. I would always prefer an E attraction over a C or D ticket, even if it takes longer. There's so much to do at the Studios that losing a average at best attraction that doesn't have great re rideabilty (though I do like Twister for one ride a vacation) is no big deal. Bring on the Awesome E's......What Water Park??? Just kidding.....

so that must mean they are gunna get really creative with how they use that space then. Do you know if there will be any building demo either partial or full?

If this is indeed the time frame one must wonder if the actual Twister building will be "torn" down to make way for a larger building to house such an attraction. Very cool and more awesome stuff to look forward to if true Teebs :thumbs:

If this is indeed the time frame one must wonder if the actual Twister building will be "torn" down to make way for a larger building to house such an attraction. Very cool and more awesome stuff to look forward to if true Teebs :thumbs:

Well, that's a really long time. For Universal.

I have to assume we'll see some more intensive demolition than I was originally expecting then.

Well thank goodness that some of you were thinking in the same time frame that I was.

I was told that this is all part of the plan. A top dog attraction each year. That of course leaves us wondering what 2015 will bring... unless Diagon continues to be it. It certainly is worthy of it.

Maybe take the fire station too, and COMPLETELY hide HRRR with new building/facade.

Well thank goodness that some of you were thinking in the same time frame that I was.

I was told that this is all part of the plan. A top dog attraction each year. That of course leaves us wondering what 2015 will bring... unless Diagon continues to be it. It certainly is worthy of it.

Only thing I can figure that they could do/open this year is heavily upgrade Cinematic Spectacular and the parade. No way Kong opens this year, and nothing else is really possible.

EDIT: And I also assume construction will take so long because construction will only be able to happen while the park is closed and Rockit isn't running

This is in stark contrast to what I was thinking kind of a bummer BUT I can only hope it's worth the wait and the eye sore of construction.. wow I'm shocked lol

And jungleskip made a great point only able to work on while hrrr isn't running .. Unless it stops running for a few weeks or something lol

Yeah, as I suggested a few weeks back, perhaps they might need to raise the roof, but in my little vekoma studies, I didn't find that necessary. If it is some other system... then I have no idea.

I liked DH's idea and walling off the firehouse coaster and connecting it to macys, raise a worthy NYC facade 140-180' tall for entrance to the park view. A mega icon.

Yeah, as I suggested a few weeks back, perhaps they might need to raise the roof, but in my little vekoma studies, I didn't find that necessary. If it is some other system... then I have no idea.

I liked DH's idea and walling off the firehouse coaster and connecting it to macys, raise a worthy NYC facade 140-180' tall for entrance to the park view. A mega icon.

:sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.