Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note: I can confirm there will be no guest-facing 25th celebration. There will be some messaging here and there, but no full-out marketing campaign.

Side note: I can confirm there will be no guest-facing 25th celebration. There will be some messaging here and there, but no full-out marketing campaign.

That actually makes sense. Why detract from the hundreds of millions that went into the Potter expansion? That's the marketplace. Really, only us hardcore fans discuss anniversary stuff. Even WDW generally doesn't put a whole lot of money or expansions into anniversary years.

Just stopping in to drop a little bit of info I ran across today while checking on local road projects. Don't know when the last time a 3rd park/the south expansion property was mentioned, but figured some here might be interested in how the smaller lots along Universal Blvd. have changed hands, and appear to be close to being developed.

Locals may know about the apartment complex being built right in the middle of the stretch from Rosen to the hotel across from the OCCC, but that doesn't appear to be the only development slated for the lots fronting Universal Blvd. Nothing else concrete has been found, but most (all?) of those fronting lots and quite a few adjacent lots farther back along the boundary of the larger lots are now listed as under the ownership of Orlando Equity Partners instead of Fourth Quarter Properties (which had tenuous links to Universal through the owner, DH and I discussed that back waiting for Diagon to soft open one evening). OEP is related to the apartment development, and based on some presentations from the I-Drive Master Transit & Improvement District meetings (as well as other documents I ran across in other personal digging I was doing yesterday) it seems they're expecting possibly substantial commercial and residential development on those lots within the next 5-10 years. You can see the relevant images in the presentation linked below.

http://www.idrivedistrict.com/editorFiles/20140730 dab tab 2.pdf

Anyway, back to the Marvel speculation as I go back to lurking. Although, maybe I'll see one or two of you at the State of I-Drive presentation next month?

Just to try and get some order and organization:

Let's leave this thread for projects we have no idea about, or have heard some rumblings for.

Talk about the Water Park, Sapphire Falls, Kong, and the Twister replacement should go in their respective threads.

That actually makes sense. Why detract from the hundreds of millions that went into the Potter expansion? That's the marketplace. Really, only us hardcore fans discuss anniversary stuff. Even WDW generally doesn't put a whole lot of money or expansions into anniversary years.

How does it make sense? Celebrating a big Anniversary generally puts more focus on the place.

WDW hasn't done anything big in recent years, but they used to celebrate hugely almost every 5-10 years! Heck, Disneyland is turning 60 this year and they're hyping it up like crazy...and it's working. I know tons of people(myself included) who are making plans to go just because of the big celebration.

Universal could learn a thing or two from DL.

It will be three things, Fallon, 30 Rock, and a Soarin type ride. No one knows how it will all tie together but it will be 3 (at least) things.

Wow... Fallon, 30 Rock and a soaring type ride....

This is just me brain storming, but how cool would it be if the ride was a soarin and great movie ride type of thing going on. You "fly" through physical sets from Universal pictures

If the location is themed to the 30 roc area of New York, wouldn't it be more reasonable to celebrate NBC and television than Universal's studio works?

Something more like SNL, the Tonight show, the Today show...might have some material in a couple of years depending on how the Brian Williams stuff plays out.

Also, when Comcast mentioned an E-ticket every year, does that include the Hollywood, Ca. Park as well or was it mentioned as just Orlando?

Just wondering if 2015 could be something out West as opposed to expecting something big this year in Orlando.

Just wondering if 2015 could be something out West as opposed to expecting something big this year in Orlando.

That is a very good point... I hadn't considered USH. What is grand opening there this year?

Going back to my original idea for this thread, what is beyond 2017?

I believe we may have some fractured hints based on the discussions here which is a good thing. So, right now, beyond 2017 might be a Marvel rebrand of MSHI, a F&F mega attraction in San Francisco... and... what else am I missing.

We have nothing concrete for KidZone do we? I certainly don't.

That is a very good point... I hadn't considered USH. What is grand opening there this year?

I believe we may have some fractured hints based on the discussions here which is a good thing. So, right now, beyond 2017 might be a Marvel rebrand of MSHI, a F&F mega attraction in San Francisco... and... what else am I missing.

Hollywood has the Springfield expansion opening in the early spring, and probably Fast & Furious & the night time Tram Tour sometime in 2015. And, of course, Harry Potter in 2016.

yeah spongebob for kidzone and star trek for shrek were the only other things i remember. i wish they would do something cool with bond..

That building In Toon Lagoon definitely needs to be used as an attraction or something. It's just a big waste of space not having anything there. What would be holding Universal back from turning that building into a ride? Possibly the Iron Man Flying coaster we heard awhile back ago? Or just something, anything!

That building In Toon Lagoon definitely needs to be used as an attraction or something. It's just a big waste of space not having anything there. What would be holding Universal back from turning that building into a ride? Possibly the Iron Man Flying coaster we heard awhile back ago? Or just something, anything!
Patience. I would much rather them keep that space open for something else down the line and have it available for a 2-park HHN. There is space to work with elsewhere in MSHI.

Status
Not open for further replies.