Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience. I would much rather them keep that space open for something else down the line and have it available for a 2-park HHN. There is space to work with elsewhere in MSHI.

2 Park HHN? Is that something that has been rumored? I can't see them moving any aspect of HHN over to IOA agian... But that's just me.

Now kidzone... I think they would be crazy not to capitalize on SpongeBob. If anything, the brand has only appeared to grow more popular since the first film. That being said, if the plan is to replace kidzone with a single larger SpongeBob attraction then go for it. But I can't help but feel that if the plan is to re theme/expand/rebuild kidzone with multipul attractions all based on SpongeBob that it might be a little overkill. Then that might be my own bias coming into play. I'm not exactly a fan.

2 Park HHN? Is that something that has been rumored? I can't see them moving any aspect of HHN over to IOA agian... But that's just me.

Now kidzone... I think they would be crazy not to capitalize on SpongeBob. If anything, the brand has only appeared to grow more popular since the first film. That being said, if the plan is to replace kidzone with a single larger SpongeBob attraction then go for it. But I can't help but feel that if the plan is to re theme/expand/rebuild kidzone with multipul attractions all based on SpongeBob that it might be a little overkill. Then that might be my own bias coming into play. I'm not exactly a fan.

The 2-park has been rumored for quite some time, and even briefly discussed by some HHN creative as a possibility in the future; but we'll leave that discussion in the HHN 25 Spec thread.

It's almost a given with everything being replaced...

But I say bring on the projects ... I think gardens of Allah could open at the end of 2015? Or am I WAY off there?? Doesn't look like it's going to be that aggressive that it can't open in that time frame.. Then again I don't know what's planned for that

I think gardens of Allah could open at the end of 2015? Or am I WAY off there?? Doesn't look like it's going to be that aggressive that it can't open in that time frame.. Then again I don't know what's planned for that

While I know nothing regarding the Allah project, at only $1.5 million, I would quicker guess they are aiming for April or May.

this topic got so hot mid-end of week last week i was wondering if anything might have surfaced over the weekend lol just poking at the fire pit :sneaky:

Perhaps a ridiculous thought, but part of me wonders if they'd ever split up Toon Lagoon for parts, roughly one half falling into a future Marvel expansion area and the other half being incorporated into Jurassic Park/Skull island. Certainly Popeyes could be repurposed quite easily into either Skull Island or JP and prevent the new Kong ride from looming so prominently into another land.

All of the news shows here in Orlando are talking about what "they've uncovered" about a possible waterpark coming to Universal...of course they credit the Orlando Business Journal for the discovery of the permits, but of course the OBJ got their info from the internet...

You just have to laugh at how things get filtered up from the fan sites to the "legitimate" media. :stunned:

All of the news shows here in Orlando are talking about what "they've uncovered" about a possible waterpark coming to Universal...of course they credit the Orlando Business Journal for the discovery of the permits, but of course the OBJ got their info from the internet...

You just have to laugh at how things get filtered up from the fan sites to the "legitimate" media. :stunned:

The less publicity the better for some of us. lol

^^ One of the reasons I make so many wise ass remarks about the media on Twitter. I have numerous investigative reporters following my Twitter feed as well as numerous outlets. They're quick to post a story and lightning fast ignoring the source material. Last week I made the comment about certain "media" channels, feeds, and personalities being mighty quiet since I walked away from the insider postings and stories. Now Teebin and some talented comptroller and permit guys break off some news and rumors and all of a sudden the vultures come in for the scraps. Of course they knew it all along didn't they...

Reactions: Mad Dog
^^ One of the reasons I make so many wise ass remarks about the media on Twitter. I have numerous investigative reporters following my Twitter feed as well as numerous outlets. They're quick to post a story and lightning fast ignoring the source material. Last week I made the comment about certain "media" channels, feeds, and personalities being mighty quiet since I walked away from the insider postings and stories. Now Teebin and some talented comptroller and permit guys break off some news and rumors and all of a sudden the vultures come in for the scraps. Of course they knew it all along didn't they...
You're right about that. Before the advent of sensationalist news broadcasting, the media establishments generally required two good reliable sources before they would touch a story. Now it's the wild wild west of internet and mass media rumors without substantiation. Most of the media has gutted their news staffs and their remaining reporters know very little about what they are reporting on.

I pre-apologize if this info is off but a USF TM informed me last week that some sort of construction activity was taking place in the backlot area beside MIB. I just searched all the threads and haven't seen any talk of this. Is it just a staging area for another project or has something else quietly started back there? Shall I investigate further?

I pre-apologize if this info is off but a USF TM informed me last week that some sort of construction activity was taking place in the backlot area beside MIB. I just searched all the threads and haven't seen any talk of this. Is it just a staging area for another project or has something else quietly started back there? Shall I investigate further?

I would imagine, if anything, they are just grading the area clean. That space was heavily used as staging for Diagon and Gringotts.

That said, there is yet another new project number for that greater vicinity, potentially including kidzone. I am not even sure if anyone has posted it yet and as it is not my info to share, I will refrain for now. I will tell you that the number contains the number 6. Right now it seems unclear what the project is about, if anything great at all.

I would imagine, if anything, they are just grading the area clean. That space was heavily used as staging for Diagon and Gringotts.

That said, there is yet another new project number for that greater vicinity, potentially including kidzone. I am not even sure if anyone has posted it yet and as it is not my info to share, I will refrain for now. I will tell you that the number contains the number 6. Right now it seems unclear what the project is about, if anything great at all.

please do inquire.
jan 17th 2014
Screen%20Shot%202015-02-16%20at%207.51.34%20PM.png

dec 15th 2014 look at the area in question
Screen%20Shot%202015-02-16%20at%207.44.30%20PM.png

so some grading and then whatever those wooden boxes are. it also looks like the semi parking lot was gravel before??? and now dirt.

Last edited:
please do inquire.
so some grading and then whatever those wooden boxes are.

Although it is only slightly unclear, to me those piles of sand appear to be delivered product... something to be used by landscaping changes elsewhere. What might look like a dark hole around them is probably track marks from the loaders turning over the sun dried sand.

After all this talk about new attractions I would assume this is not going to be wrong but if I remember correctly I thought hate to fly had talked about this plot of land awhile back, maybe a year ago. I only remember this because the question came up on what would happen to the pop up tents. Does anyone else remember this?

Just re-read the thread and thought I would update Teebin's list:

Project 340: Kong - Location: South side of JP.
Project 402: Royal Pacific Expansion - Location: RPR
Project 533: Volcano Bay - Location: South of Cabana Bay
Project 664: Sapphire Falls- Location: Between Cabana and RPR
Project 862: Unknown - Location: NASCAR Grille
Project 727: Unknown - Location: Twister
Project 611: Unknown - Location: Kidzone
Project 620: Unknown - Location: Unknown(help me out with this one)

We also have the NBC Universal Media Lab at Gardens of Allah. Don't know a project number for that. Only know it's Building 88.

just curious what are the dates for these, this is what I could tell just from reading the rumors on the forums:

Project 340- Kong - early to summer 2016
Project 402- RPR Expansion - 2016?
Project 533- Waterpark - early 2017 I would guess for spring break and before Avatar
Project 604- Sapphirre Falls - 2016
Project 862- NASCAR Replacement (NBC Sportss Grille?) - 2015?
Project 727- New York Replacement of Twister - 2018
Project 611- Kidzone Replacement (Spounge Bob?) - date ?????
Project 620- MCU overlay of MSHI - 2019? (Would fit in time for the Avengers Infinity War)

Status
Not open for further replies.