Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Macy idea would be genius as they can turn the entire queue into a gift shop....;)

It wasn't a Macy's idea... it was something in between. A full scale Radio City Music Hall facade might do the trick. It is part of Rock Center and could be a visual icon. Bad thing is, it ain't that tall so I can't figure out how to resolve it with extra height (because I don't have a team of 15 sitting around with ideas).

not that it matters since this clearly does the job in showing the expansion room available but nearmap has newer higher quality aerials :) thanks for all you do

Thanks for the post and promotion, but I don't want to signup and become a seaworld orca. Unless you can tell us how to use it with no email address at all.

If it can't be linked here, then it is worthless.

Thanks for the post and promotion, but I don't want to signup and become a seaworld orca. Unless you can tell us how to use it with no email address at all.

If it can't be linked here, then it is worthless.

completely understandable.. if i'm around and a screenshot from there is helpful i'll do it.. course this sorta thing is just the thing i use my junk email address for. bing maps birds eye is super up to date. apparently we still have jaws.. here's the break rooms? being built behind EFG from dec 15th

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-11%20at%209.47.02%20PM.png

Last edited:
Well thank goodness that some of you were thinking in the same time frame that I was.

I was told that this is all part of the plan. A top dog attraction each year. That of course leaves us wondering what 2015 will bring... unless Diagon continues to be it. It certainly is worthy of it.

They got off to such a late start advertising Diagon that it is still relative to a grand opening phase. So it should still be prime for the new land/attractions.I would think that marketing would not want to detract from the Diagon Big Bang effect with lesser attractions...That said, as has been pointed out by others,they'll probably just do some evening show & parade updates and whatever the media center will be, kind of of in the spirit of Springfield's opening, where it was suddenly there but they didn't really advertise it.

Last edited:
Ok, finally some actual Future Universal Projects news. A startling update from my perspective.

Twister. I was under the impression this would be a wham bam gut the building, build the C-D ticket replacement and open 6-8 months later. I was really thinking this up until just a few weeks ago when I was smacked in the face.

The bad news is that it will not be opening in 6-8 months. The good news is that they appear to be shooting for an E-ticket. But once again, the bad but understandable news is that such an attraction takes time.

So, even though Twister may close any day or month now, the building will not be reopening until after a certain waterpark opens.

There you have it. That is the news update.

So 2017, hmm...could we see the Marvel expansion open by them as well?

:doh:

Marvel expansion is nothing but hypothetical chatter.

Weeeeeeell, a major change to at least one big element seems to be a bit more than that. However, you PS guys seem to know more about the other prospects than I.

Speaking of which, has anyone peeked at the more recent patents that Universal has applied for? You might want to peruse the past 2 years. :look:

Weeeeeeell, a major change to at least one big element seems to be a bit more than that. However, you PS guys seem to know more about the other prospects than I.

Right, if something like that is happening, maybe something else will happen too.

But my talk about adding E-tickets and retheming large portions of the land was hypothetical.

As for the patents, I'll take a look. Not used to that site, but I'll see if I can find anything. Any hints as to what I should be looking for?

As for the patents, I'll take a look. Not used to that site, but I'll see if I can find anything. Any hints as to what I should be looking for?

Funny, I can't stand wading through patents and that is why I tossed it out there. I cannot play hintsy with this one, and honestly, I am not even sure what might be there! I am confident that Uni has filed for a bunch of unrelated stuff over the past two years.

Funny, I can't stand wading through patents and that is why I tossed it out there. I cannot play hintsy with this one, and honestly, I am not even sure what might be there! I am confident that Uni has filed for a bunch of unrelated stuff over the past two years.

Other than the water park stuff they filed in 2013, I don't see anything very interesting.

Edit: Sorry, those were from 2012! Man time flies. Here they are, for reference: http://parkrumors.com/universal-patents-new-water-park-technologies/

Last edited:
Right, right, right....

So could we see the hypothetical Marvel expansion open by then as well

2017 *could* be a big year for Universal. New park and possibly major new attractions at USF and IoA. Hypothetically. Strictly academic. Yadda yadda yadda. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Forgive the "new guy" question, I swear I'll make it my one and only lol. I've been catching up on this thread (some very exciting, if frustratingly vague stuff lol) and found myself a little confused about the Twister replacement. So is the current general belief by most on the thread that the replacement will be a Soarin' type ride system featuring Jimmy Fallon, but not themed to 30 Rock like previously thought? I think some of the blue sky type speculation seeped into my head along with the other information and confused me a bit.

Forgive the "new guy" question, I swear I'll make it my one and only lol. I've been catching up on this thread (some very exciting, if frustratingly vague stuff lol) and found myself a little confused about the Twister replacement. So is the current general belief by most on the thread that the replacement will be a Soarin' type ride system featuring Jimmy Fallon, but not themed to 30 Rock like previously thought? I think some of the blue sky type speculation seeped into my head along with the other information and confused me a bit.

It will be three things, Fallon, 30 Rock, and a Soarin type ride. No one knows how it will all tie together but it will be 3 (at least) things.

Also important to remember that 30 Rock, in this case, refers to 30 Rockefeller Plaza. The building. Not 30 Rock the TV show.

That I was aware of :) though I can sorta understand someone making that mistake. It seems like with that combo of the three it's hard to imagine what exactly the overall experience is they are going for. Thinking back to USH's backlot tour featuring Jimmy Fallon, I had a theory that would also throw Universal's cinematic history into the mix, though not sure I what to add to the blue sky talk... At least not so soon after joining lol

Status
Not open for further replies.