Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
please do inquire.
jan 17th 2014
Screen%20Shot%202015-02-16%20at%207.44.30%20PM.png

you forget how massive that plot of land is. Jezz...

just curious what are the dates for these, this is what I could tell just from reading the rumors on the forums:

Project 340- Kong - early to summer 2016
Project 402- RPR Expansion - 2016?
Project 533- Waterpark - early 2017 I would guess for spring break and before Avatar
Project 604- Sapphirre Falls - 2016
Project 862- NASCAR Replacement (NBC Sportss Grille?) - 2015?
Project 727- New York Replacement of Twister - 2018
Project 611- Kidzone Replacement (Spounge Bob?) - date ?????
Project 620- MCU overlay of MSHI - 2019? (Would fit in time for the Avengers Infinity War)

Aah yes, 611. It has been posted after all. That could cover everything from KZ to the area next to MIB as far as I am concerned.

Screamscape is reporting Universal is trying to purchase the land between Wet and Wild and Main Campus .I think there is a Walgreens, ifly , Georges music and a strip mall there.

If so so can we say monorail (or other people mover) This makes sense of the employee parking deck expansion .if an expansion of this size
is happening.Plus the property we were taking about on Caravan Ct. will be needed to expand Guest parking

3rd Gate on wet and wild property a hotel (or two) between wet and wild property and current hotels.

The City of Orlando wanted a Monorail to connect Idrive,Universal and Disney .If Universal expands down to Idrive .The City make help pay for The transport system (like they paid for the pedestrian bridge)

This would truly expand Universal into a Destination Resort of Disney World stature .3 (or more) parks 6 (or more) Hotels.
Plus a transport system to Idrive

Screamscape is reporting Universal is trying to purchase the land between Wet and Wild and Main Campus .I think there is a Walgreens, ifly , Georges music and a strip mall there.

If so so can we say monorail (or other people mover) This makes sense of the employee parking deck expansion .if an expansion of this size
is happening.Plus the property we were taking about on Caravan Ct. will be needed to expand Guest parking

3rd Gate on wet and wild property a hotel (or two) between wet and wild property and current hotels.

The City of Orlando wanted a Monorail to connect Idrive,Universal and Disney .If Universal expands down to Idrive .The City make help pay for The transport system (like they paid for the pedestrian bridge)

This would truly expand Universal into a Destination Resort of Disney World stature .3 (or more) parks 6 (or more) Hotels.
Plus a transport system to Idrive

Technically, the article says nothing about them currently trying to purchase that area of land, just that they are lookout for possible locations and that is one they would love to own. What I'm interested in is the maps he posted highlighting the Wet N' Wild land Universal owns. According to the way he has one of them labeled, it looks like it is all Wet N' Wild property, but if I'm not mistaken didn't Universal also buy a few smaller lots adjacent to Wet N' Wild when they bought the land? Anyone with better knowledge then me, is that land shown on those maps? Or am I mistaken? lol

Wet N Wild is nowhere near big enough for a 3rd gate

- - - Updated - - -

Technically, the article says nothing about them currently trying to purchase that area of land, just that they are lookout for possible locations and that is one they would love to own. What I'm interested in is the maps he posted highlighting the Wet N' Wild land Universal owns. According to the way he has one of them labeled, it looks like it is all Wet N' Wild property, but if I'm not mistaken didn't Universal also buy a few smaller lots adjacent to Wet N' Wild when they bought the land? Anyone with better knowledge then me, is that land shown on those maps? Or am I mistaken? lol

They bought the parking lot across the street and some land that WnW owned. Nothing really of consiquence

Wet N Wild is nowhere near big enough for a 3rd gate

- - - Updated - - -

They bought the parking lot across the street and some land that WnW owned. Nothing really of consiquence

I wouldn't be so sure about it not being big enough. I believe the land they bought in the original purchase was somewhere between 50-55 acres. Compare that to Disneyland resorts second gate (CA, and probably the best comparison given both resorts being surround by city) which, pre Cars Land expansion, was 55 acres. So theoretically it could be possible.

If they want a third gate, I think it would have to be in that plot of land between Kirkman and Major where the Doubletree is.

realistically and i know now we're dream talking or in other words going out on a limb and possibly a little off topic here......

but couldn't they buy all the land up to the ramada theres nothing significant there that could put a hold out on this if you ask me some even abandoned buildings. now the walgreens across the street and the music store along with the ifly are different stories and a lot of cash might need to be thrown their way. but just imagine opening a connection over i4 and in through the back of george's music.. would be awesome

in the link below i highlighted the space i mention above in green and in red is a huge plot of land that connects with the parking purchased by UO when buying wet n wild.. those streets that run through the red lines are not major roads that i think theyd be able to close and thats a huge plot of land. ill end this topic now just wanted to chime in.

http://imgur.com/IKHUEXR

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure about it not being big enough. I believe the land they bought in the original purchase was somewhere between 50-55 acres. Compare that to Disneyland resorts second gate (CA, and probably the best comparison given both resorts being surround by city) which, pre Cars Land expansion, was 55 acres. So theoretically it could be possible.

Yea, but it's 55 acres bisected by a road.

Yea, but it's 55 acres bisected by a road.

That's not something that is completely unheard of in theme parks. That's something that could be overcome by either pedestrian bridges over the street or pedestrian tunnels beneath to connect the two sides of the park. I've seen both utilized in different parks.

That's not something that is completely unheard of in theme parks. That's something that could be overcome by either pedestrian bridges over the street or pedestrian tunnels beneath to connect the two sides of the park. I've seen both utilized in different parks.

I don't think that's something they'd necessarily be jumping for joy to resort to.

If there ever is a third gate, I would not expect it to be anywhere near the Wet N Wild land

I could see there being something in that spot, connected to something else on the other side by a pedestrian bridge, though I doubt it would be a park. I can also see the area between the current resort and the Wet n Wild land getting purchased, along with that entire strip to the east of Universal Blvd. down to the giant plot of land by Lockheed Martin, which would help to establish some semblance of a clear boundary for the resort.

I don't think that's something they'd necessarily be jumping for joy to resort to.

If there ever is a third gate, I would not expect it to be anywhere near the Wet N Wild land

It surely will be interesting to see what they have in store for the Wet N' Wild land if they do close it as some suspect after Wondersea/Volcano Bay opens. While I personally don't see a third gate going there (my previous posts were only meant to point out that, in terms of space it is possible), I think the location could be perfect for further "family value" hotels like Cabana, given the properties disconnect from the rest of the resort.

Aah yes, 611. It has been posted after all. That could cover everything from KZ to the area next to MIB as far as I am concerned.

Could this construction/moving around be for a new backstage area so they could start clearing for project 611? I remember taking the hhn tour and walking back there and it is a huge area but they did seem to use it for a lot of storage.

I will inquire further as requested but don't expect much.

Now for my crazy thoughts based on others' posts... Starfleet Academy and Starship Enterprise... full scale with all the trimmings. I can dream right?

I'd love to see Trek enter the Universal. If anyone can do the property justice in the form of interactive and ride based entertainment it's Universal Creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.