Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I went on the ride today and I noticed that the fog was working again for the skrewt right before the last launch. I was on the right drop track, so I dont know if the skrewt on the left track works. Also, the skrewt in the hut doesnt blow fog yet, just the one before the last launch.

We rode 1st row and it was just fantastic. I don't know how many beasts there are supposed to be but it felt like there weren't many to be honest. I only remember 3. I rode the bike side hands up and indeed this was a bad idea for my back as some of the banks whip you around pretty good.
I'm afraid you need to book another visit because there are more beasts in there for sure. Fluffy, Cornish pixies, Devil's Snare, a Centaur a Blast-Ended Skrewt and two unicorns.

Last edited:
I went on the ride today and I noticed that the fog was working again for the skrewt right before the last launch. I was on the right drop track, so I dont know if the skrewt on the left track works. Also, the skrewt in the hut doesnt blow fog yet, just the one before the last launch.
Awesome news! This could mean they resolved whatever issue they had with the fog and it will be implemented in the skrewt again shortly!

I'll be there the week of March 16, which I believe is Spring Break for most of the US (or at least it will feel like it). What's the best strategy? I'm hearing its not opening when the park opens so heading there at rope drop probably isn't the right move? Also, for riding at night, any advice for hopping in line and ensuring we don't get shut out? Help is appreciated.

I'll be there the week of March 16, which I believe is Spring Break for most of the US (or at least it will feel like it). What's the best strategy? I'm hearing its not opening when the park opens so heading there at rope drop probably isn't the right move? Also, for riding at night, any advice for hopping in line and ensuring we don't get shut out? Help is appreciated.
sweet spot is still early afternoon. Early morning is a roll of the dice since every now & then it doesn't open at park opening.

sweet spot is still early afternoon. Early morning is a roll of the dice since every now & then it doesn't open at park opening.
We rope dropped it back in September. Ended up waiting a total of 4 hours between waiting outside of IOA, breakdowns, normal line time, etc.

We went back a few days later around 2-3 PM. Waited just under an hour. Early afternoon is definitely the way to go.

Hot take: they shouldn't be fixing it and instead letting their employees remain quarantined to stop any potential spread.
A) Im sure people want to work, people need to make money. B) working in small groups is way less dangerous than the large social gathering of people, hence why the park is closed. Heck, its probably more dangerous having Citywalk restaurants be open, than a few employees working on a rollercoaster droptrack. Just saying.

A) Im sure people want to work, people need to make money. B) working in small groups is way less dangerous than the large social gathering of people, hence why the park is closed. Heck, its probably more dangerous having Citywalk restaurants be open, than a few employees working on a rollercoaster droptrack. Just saying.
Plus they could easily screen employees. Much less people to check vs. guests. It’s not like all employees will be needed either. Just maintenance and construction.

Well of course. The majority of people aren’t millionaires that can afford to not work.
That's not what i was referring to. I was actually agreeing with you since I don't see why all park workers need to be sent home from the parks. There's no more danger to a Universal maintenance worker refurbing Hagrid than there is to all the other people that still have to go to work throughout the nation. Clean up the parks and refurb all the rides that a 365 day operation doesn't normally allow. It's not like the parks are a hot zone of infection, at least at this point in time.

That's not what i was referring to. I was actually agreeing with you since I don't see why all park workers need to be sent home from the parks. There's no more danger to a Universal maintenance worker refurbing Hagrid than there is to all the other people that still have to go to work throughout the nation. Clean up the parks and refurb all the rides that a 365 day operation doesn't normally allow. It's not like the parks are a hot zone of infection, at least at this point in time.
Well, checker at Publix is still there and the Waffle Hut is open so I guess a ride tech and engineer could work on it. I have to add a few if's though.
if they are not ill
if their co-habitators are not ill

Then I've got no problem with it.

Obviously not the most important thing, but are there workers indeed working on Hagrid's during this time? Could be a blessing in disguise for this ride and maybe it can get closer to full capacity once things re-open. Obviously I want all workers safe however.