Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

I think the gyrosphere makes sense if it were damaged/attacked. Make it look like it’s been dragged in. If it appears brand new, yeah it’s going to look out of place.

I think the gyrosphere makes sense if it were damaged/attacked. Make it look like it’s been dragged in. If it appears brand new, yeah it’s going to look out of place.
I think it is the damaged screen-used prop USH has used in a few different times from pics I've seen.

I think it's cool. Probably one or more of the pteranodons flew the gyroscope in and they were busy devouring the previous occupants when the Indominous Rex broke out of it's pen and finished off the snack. Killing a pteranodon or two in the process before making it's way deeper into the facility where it waits for it's next meal. - See it just takes a little imagination to have fun at a theme park.

I think it's cool. Probably one or more of the pteranodons flew the gyroscope in and they were busy devouring the previous occupants when the Indominous Rex broke out of it's pen and finished off the snack. Killing a pteranodon or two in the process before making it's way deeper into the facility where it waits for it's next meal. - See it just takes a little imagination to have fun at a theme park.
No, no, no!! Every section HAS to make 100% sense, not only in the scope of the Jurassic World movies, but in the original Jurassic Park! The movie came out in 2015 and the ride opened in 2019, AFTER the events of Jurassic World. So why is everything back to normal at the start of the ride?! And the original didn’t follow a logical path that made sense in the context of Isla Nublar! :crazy:
come on everyone, I get that it sucks that the park has been closed for so long and no one can get more detailed information or a close-up view of what’s going on, but to argue the placement of a movie prop? They’re adding things, not subtracting! We haven’t even seen the lift, the Mosa area or the end scene yet. Let’s all take it down a notch.

The finished finale will be incredible. She’s going to be impressive.

It sounds to me like the ride should be ready for guests, whenever the park is able to open.
This (forever) rumored finale is why I want the overlay in Orlando ASAP. I’ve never even seen it and I’m sold that’s how easy I am. Whoever posted in the VC thread the video from the company they work with on AAs, it’s some gooood stuff.

This (forever) rumored finale is why I want the overlay in Orlando ASAP. I’ve never even seen it and I’m sold that’s how easy I am. Whoever posted in the VC thread the video from the company they work with on AAs, it’s some gooood stuff.

could you link the AA video? I love bts stuff showing the machinists and how they make em’

It sounds to me like the ride should be ready for guests, whenever the park is able to open.

Any word on the rumored I-Rex animatronic in the Predator Cove area?

Would love to hear you discuss what’s happening on the west coast sometime on Park Stop!

Wow some of those "skins" have so much detail! And that guys servo controller is one of the craziest I've seen. I love how it looks almost like the dinosaurs neck and helps control it almost.

My best guess is that she’ll move similar to blue, with the walking motion towards the T-Rex out from behind the rocks and bushes. Of course she’ll be much larger, but it also seems like she’ll be much closer to the T-Rex AA since that’s what the art on the construction walls last summer depicted.

Wow some of those "skins" have so much detail! And that guys servo controller is one of the craziest I've seen. I love how it looks almost like the dinosaurs neck and helps control it almost.
Agreed! Although it seems like the Dino’s are hydraulically controlled. From that, I do wonder whether they are using industrial electric servos for the smaller movements, since they’re typically used that way, while hydraulics are used for more complicated and complex movements under heavier loads. Disney has done some amazing stuff with the A1000 technology, and have created fully electric characters which is pretty amazing, especially since electric characters are usually never used at theme parks since pneumatic cylinders and such are so easy to disassemble, and clean if an issue arises. Plus, the cylinders themselves never burn out, they just deteriorate over time, and can become rusted if they’re left in certain positions for a long extended period of time.