Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AliciaStella - by my count there are 5 launches? 4 forward and 1 backwards? Or is the backwards section strictly gravity driven from the roll back?

This is going to be a treat! :)

No I've seen pics but, something built so long ago I just didn't imagine it out theming a modern park, like ioa. I could be wrong. And I was just speaking on theming not value.
A good amount of the park has changed drastically since day 1 with the only sore spot being Tomorrowland.

Curious to see, having 2 drop tracks, if one drop track goes down temporarily during the ride's growing pains, if they'll be able to run it with just one side open, but at a lower capacity.

Curious to see, having 2 drop tracks, if one drop track goes down temporarily during the ride's growing pains, if they'll be able to run it with just one side open, but at a lower capacity.
Yes, most likely. One of the elevators in Transformers at USH was down for several weeks so the ride was running at half capacity until they closed the ride for a couple days.

I'm really happy with the whole loading and two drop tracks thingies. I salute a theme park that takes their guest experience serious. I have the feeling Disney is building photo genetic rides that purposely have low capacity to up sell "solutions" instead of investing in high capacity rides.

I think we’re most likely getting LSM launches on this ride. It’s a bit hard to tell from the aerials, and Intamin could have changed their drive wheel launch system (which wouldn’t surprise me, considering how much new stuff they’re doing on this already), but the launches on their motorbikes have the box which holds the wheel already welded on before they install the track I think, as seen here -
image.jpg

I think we’re most likely getting LSM launches on this ride. It’s a bit hard to tell from the aerials, and Intamin could have changed their drive wheel launch system (which wouldn’t surprise me, considering how much new stuff they’re doing on this already), but the launches on their motorbikes have the box which holds the wheel already welded on before they install the track I think, as seen here -
image.jpg
I really hope that’s the case.

image.jpg

Those are friction wheels, the same as on the Hulk roller coaster. LSM (and LIM) refer to magnetic launch-style systems, like Maverick at Cedar Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.