Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 301 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Alicia is dead against it but it looks like the Shrieking Shack is being build.
l_shack01_evp_hpe3.png

The pitch on that roof isn’t as steep as either the movie wooden bridge or that shack. Right now, it somewhat harks of the medieval London bridge. Gilmore and the WB design team is certainly keeping us guessing!

Why?

Yea, close, but probably more its own thing.

Excuse the crudity of this drawing.

hp bridge.JPG

I had always assumed that the bridge would go like this with the coaster at going over it and very much keeping the other track hidden from view from each other.

This new piece of steel that's going up is cutting right through this and if that's going to be the bridge going in that direction, it will only be about 25ft long.

View attachment 7419

I had always assumed that the bridge would go like this with the coaster at going over it and very much keeping the other track hidden from view from each other.

This new piece of steel that's going up is cutting right through this and if that's going to be the bridge going in that direction, it will only be about 25ft long.

Right, it may still be that bridge but have a gable sticking out in the middle on both sides. [but the pitch is still off relative to other potter architecture]

Sooo... it's just gonna be a bridge that goes from nowhere to nowhere??

View attachment 7419

Right, it may still be that bridge but have a gable sticking out in the middle on both sides. [but the pitch is still off relative to other potter architecture]

They’re always going to be allowed a little creative freedom to make it practical.

I don’t doubt that many bridges like this could exist in the HP world, it’s not really a unique bridge as it is.

Sooo... it's just gonna be a bridge that goes from nowhere to nowhere??

In reality, it’s just a straight piece of track with brakes on it but it can give the illusion that it’s more when going through it.

I think it's worth noting that the shape of the structural steel may not necessarily reflect the look of the final themed product.:shrug:

Reactions: Ryno27
It will hold a show scene, it won't be the bridge, it will be a semi open structure but I think it won't be a building (although the shapes make it look like that now).

Me, on this ride: "Wait, how can that be the bridge to Hogwarts? Hogwarts is way over thereeeaaaaahhhhhh"

It’s the bridge back to Hogwart’s School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

I'm thinking it is going to be an open air stone building with lots of arches. Imagine Hogsmeade Station meets the Roman Aqueducts.

So sort of like a cross between the German and Spanish Quidditch World Cup Pitches? (images are from a terrible EA Quidditch World Cup game from years ago.)
spainpitch.jpg germanpitch.jpg

Structure is too small an area for Quidditch arena. Heck, it could be any old bridge throughout the area,even if it's not specific to the books. Every single structure,brook, stream, pond, tree, plant, animal etc. that is in the Potterverse doesn't have to be cataloged.

Reactions: LJGonz and Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.