Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
New video up on my channel, but please do not link or post it here as it contains the leaked art. Thanks.

Good video.

So I likely was right in saying that I didn't think that it would be the gatehouse inside either. It seemed weird it would be something completely different from the outside and then as you walked through it, it was nice and redone on the inside. Ruins is a much better queue idea- I like that a lot. So many possibilities and they don't have to try to keep things in cannon.

ETA: Another thought:

Front row on this thing is going to be, by far, the best way to ride it. The line for front row will make Hulk's look like child's play. I hope they take that into account.

Last edited:
Wondering if they will even have a front row line considering it’s a constantly moving platform.
Also never underestimate the momentum at the back of the train.

The queue rumor sounds like what I was thinking. An unknown area that’s used to teach Hagrids class, a “field trip” of sorts. It didn’t make sense to revisit the interior of the castle, when the other ride already does that.

Wondering if they will even have a front row line considering it’s a constantly moving platform.
Also never underestimate the momentum at the back of the train.

I don’t see why they couldn’t work that out.

No doubt re: momentum. But this coaster is all about immersion and front row is going to be by far best for this. Especially being a launch coaster w/o lifthils (or really any hills).

But this coaster is all about immersion and front row is going to be by far best for this. Especially being a launch coaster w/o lifthils (or really any hills).
Debatable. Generally front row is thought to be best for the 'Experience' for coasters but with Hybrids like Gringotts, I find front row isn't everything in the experience when some of the other rows (back row specifically) chalks up quite the ride experience itself.

Debatable. Generally front row is thought to be best for the 'Experience' for coasters but with Hybrids like Gringotts, I find front row isn't everything in the experience when some of the other rows (back row specifically) chalks up quite the ride experience itself.

I agree. Gringotts is very different though.

I believe that being on a motorcycle is what the key difference is here.
Being on “the” motorcycle (front), or being on a motorcycle that’s part of the coaster train (all the rest).

I don't think there will be a "bad seat". This isn't the same circumstance as Kong or other rides where all the action is on the other side of the tram. You won't miss much on a 2 person vehicle.

I think the bigger battle will be Cycle vs Sidecar.

I don’t see why they couldn’t work that out.

No doubt re: momentum. But this coaster is all about immersion and front row is going to be by far best for this. Especially being a launch coaster w/o lifthils (or really any hills).
That fallback from the spike tho, u can tell by the speed of the directional change your back will be off the seat! Backwards airtime for the first few rows especially :grin::grin:

I didn't notice they filled the upwards, backwards helix area up with a ton of dirt. (bottom left, pic by Biorecontruct)
D0NbYU9XQAE9pv7.jpg:large

Gringotts back row has a treat for short people. I am a bit over 5ft, and my feet dangle back row on gringotts. Being unable to brace your feet adds a bit more lift. My 4'11 friend was flying all over the place.

Gringotts back row has a treat for short people. I am a bit over 5ft, and my feet dangle back row on gringotts. Being unable to brace your feet adds a bit more lift. My 4'11 friend was flying all over the place.
I sat in the front row last time. My legs are long and it was very uncomfortable being squished in. I’ll be requesting back rows from now on. I think the 3D looks better in the back rows anyway.

I sat in the front row last time. My legs are long and it was very uncomfortable being squished in. I’ll be requesting back rows from now on. I think the 3D looks better in the back rows anyway.
Front row of Gringotts is uncomfortable for my long legs too. I'm just very concerned about the ride vehicles for Hargids for taller people. If they are going to force us in the secondary part or let us ride the bike?

Front row of Gringotts is uncomfortable for my long legs too. I'm just very concerned about the ride vehicles for Hargids for taller people. If they are going to force us in the secondary part or let us ride the bike?
I would think the bike. The side car will be for shorter most likely (based on where handles are).

Not gonna lie, it's a bit of a PITA w/ long legs to ride wavebreaker, but it's ok. If you've ridden FoP, its similar to that w/o a back or shin guard. And the handles are further ahead than FoP.
So picture 2 FoP seats side by side w/ no room in between them except a small elevated climb-thru, and that's wavebreaker.

I would think the bike. The side car will be for shorter most likely (based on where handles are).

Not gonna lie, it's a bit of a PITA w/ long legs to ride wavebreaker, but it's ok. If you've ridden FoP, its similar to that w/o a back or shin guard. And the handles are further ahead than FoP.
So picture 2 FoP seats side by side w/ no room in between them except a small elevated climb-thru, and that's wavebreaker.
I have not ridden Flight of Passage (Assuming thats what you're abbreviating).
I'm hoping I should be okay though.

Okay, my ride experience makes sense now! I'm 5 foot nothing and I was in the back too! I felt like I was falling out and in my mind I was thinking "Is this supposed to be happening to me right now?" LOL I was stoked and thought that ride was going to be like that all the way through!

Buuuut, that was the most thrilling / exciting part of the ride for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.