Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can’t think of any connections of The Thing to a code name; I still feel like it’s coming though since Chris hinted at it, and Legacy did too

I have a feeling that one of those properties is Twin Peaks. I have no way of proving this other than personal bias, but I'm sticking with it until more clues come.

Edit: It fits so well!

"Curtains" - the curtains at the black lounge
"Wizard" - the man in the red room is kind of a wizard. And didn't littlest Lynch say that he was studying magic? He's a wizard!
"Sound" - lots of sound in Twin Peaks!
"Reflect" - there was a mirror or two in there.
"Breaking Bad" - A bad guy broke a mirror once
"Beginning" - "Is this future or past?"
"Ship" - Pete Martell is a fisherman. Fishermen use ships.
"Sticky" - I once ate a sticky cherry pie. Filling went all over my lap.

As much as I'd kill for TP to come this year... nope :(

Reactions: rageofthegods
I was thinking for Sound the Purge is indicated by the sound of the Siren; too easy but it’s just a thought. And also for Sticky it seems like TrT since candy is sticky, candy on Halloween, Trick r Treat is set on Halloween just that whole thing

That Wizard of Oz picture from a while back is still lingering in my mind, nearly no obvious connections besides the director having also directed the 1940s Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde movie. Alternatively, the Wizard of Oz was produced by MGM who are also responsible for London After Midnight, which starred Lon Chaney Sr who was in a few notable classic universal monster films, and Pumpkinhead which could theoretically connect to Trick r' Treat since Sam's head is like a pumpkin, which is a bit of a stretch, but without much other than one word everything's gonna be a stretch.

Alex, is there any chance you can be so kind to separate which codenames are for houses and which ones are for other things. Also is it safe to assume that all the codenames are IPs.

On another note, I know some are confident that camouflage is AHS, but I also think Beginning has a good connection to AHS, idk, just a thought.

View attachment 6047

Snapshot from IT(2017). If it’s not this I’m lost

Horrornights789 cracked it on Detective. Guess that we didn't need the world's greatest detective to figure out that IT was coming this year.

Probably a stretch on Camouflage but here goes:

Earlier in this forum ush.hacker made a post about how snakes camouflage, and then posted Snakes on a Train. Snakes on a Train was produced by production company The Asylum, so I think you know what I’m getting at. Pretty sure it’s wrong but it seems in the vein of how Detective was formatted

:cheers:

hhn house knower's - you know we can just tell them the houses
ush forum leakers - nah let's mess with there brains first

giphy.gif

Also is it safe to assume that all the codenames are IPs.

I'll answer that element of the all being IPs, they aren't. And that I'll break down what you guy's have cracked over the past night.

Detective - IT (2017)
Camouflage - American Horror Story: Asylum

I do must say, some of you are getting dangerously close to some of the others, so I highly recommend just to keep just looking into the codenames given.

EDIT:

One more thing to give, and that this is where I am going to leave it be for now, so this does help.

Wizard, isn't a maze at all. It's primarily a scare-zone. And as far as Beginning goes, it revolves around the Tram.

Well now that I know we got AHS Asylum I’m curious about whether or not all the scarezones will be IP’s or originals, and what they’ll do with Cult. For the Asylum maze I’m excited to see how Murdy tackles certain scenes, as the scale for Briarcliff is pretty big for a tent

I'm with Freak. You can shoe horn any thing into those clues. I'm pretty sure if I tried I could fit Married with Children into them. Not saying that it is a bad thing or complaining just gonna enjoy the rest of you solving them.

For instance, when Hitchcock was mentioned I though that would make a great TT. Now with "Beginning" being related to the Tram I think a classic monster Terror Tram would actually be pretty good. Since the classic monsters are where horror began for Universal it fits, though I doubt it actually does.

Well now that I know we got AHS Asylum I’m curious about whether or not all the scarezones will be IP’s or originals, and what they’ll do with Cult. For the Asylum maze I’m excited to see how Murdy tackles certain scenes, as the scale for Briarcliff is pretty big for a tent
Murdy stated that all Scare Zones except for 1 will be Original. But he did state that could change.

Last edited:
If Wizard is a scarezone, and if it is our one IP scarezone, my bet is on it being AHS Cult. The evidence I have is loose, but the images posted for wizard were of the Wizard of Oz, and in Cult Sarah Paulson's character has a son named Oz. It's not much but it seems like it lines up.

And like that, 3 are cracked.

Detective - IT (2017)
Wizard - American Horror Story: Cult

A fun fact, Wizard had a different codename, but that I figured it would've been too easy, as it was "The Wizard of Oz".

So, that then leaves this for you all to decipher.
  1. Beginning
  2. Sound
  3. Reflect
  4. Breaking Bad
  5. Ship
  6. Sticky
  7. Curtains

And like that, 3 are cracked.

Detective - IT (2017)
Wizard - American Horror Story: Cult

A fun fact, Wizard had a different codename, but that I figured it would've been too easy, as it was "The Wizard of Oz".

So, that then leaves this for you all to decipher.
  1. Beginning
  2. Sound
  3. Reflect
  4. Breaking Bad
  5. Ship
  6. Sticky
  7. Curtains

So is Cult gonna be a Gauntlet or just a regular SZ? I’m so happy Cult isn’t a maze though, and even happier that it beat out Purge

Edit: Think this might be Reflect but pretty sure it’s not: A reflection is something parallel and exact to what is being reflected, as is the Upside Down. It’s our world reflected, but with ash and other stuff

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Wait, since Manics mentioned, after we cracked IT and before horrornights789 cracked Asylum, that we still had six mazes, and since we got one scare zone cracked, does that mean that the extra codename is a show?