Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
18 was great and the SS houses in 19 were superb but 13 is still my favorite. It wasn't my first year either just an amazing year that IMO took HHN to another level.

I'm bias because 14 was my first Horror Nights, but I always thought 14 was an amazing year. The scarezones built connecting the two islands were so immersive, mainly because nothing was recycled, those things were built from the ground up. Field of Screams and Frightyard are still some of the most amazing scarezones I've ever seen, I haven't seen a scarezone as good as them since then. 18 was amazing too, it was such a breath of fresh air to get a new icon and an entire new story to follow after the lackluster HHN 16 and 17.

20, however, was also an really good year. Problem is when you're hyping up your 20th anniversary with the icon to end all icons, you need more than good. You need amazing, and the event didn't deliver. So many missed opportunities with the Fear character, IMHO.

The majority of people's first years are in their top 3. I'm quite partial to Sweet 16 which might have been forgettable to some but will always be in my top simply because it was my first year. It's your first year, if you didn't love it you wouldn't be here having this conversation.

My theory has always been your first year is your favorite. 12 was to me one of the worst I was not happy with the change to IOA it was way to small. 13 was just blah houses except all night drive in I like 14 because it was the last year of the parade.

Agreed, and in all of the permits they speak of actors platforms, so I'm SURE more scene names are coming out, but we just have to wait for the inspectors to add notes about them.

That is because 18 and 19 were lackluster. 20 was a good year. HHN has changed so much from the first years and has changed a lot since I started going. Some change good some change not. But you have to change.

That is because 18 and 19 were lackluster. 20 was a good year. HHN has changed so much from the first years and has changed a lot since I started going. Some change good some change not. But you have to change.

But you can't say that "My theory has always been your first year is your favorite" and then apply exceptions based on your opinion, and your opinion alone.

For the record, my first year was 12, but my favorite was 18.

People may apply the favorite to a year not based solely on locations, haunts, and scare; they may factor in random moments/memories and people they were with.

But you can't say that "My theory has always been your first year is your favorite" and then apply exceptions based on your opinion, and your opinion alone.

For the record, my first year was 12, but my favorite was 18.

People may apply the favorite to a year not based solely on locations, haunts, and scare; they may factor in random moments/memories and people they were with.

It will always be based on the best expirence you had on any given year, Short lines, great service, or even the weather...

I truly felt the overall objective quality of HHNXX fell greatly from the standards set by XIV, XVII, XVIII, and even XIX - it was a weak year with a weak icon. The houses lacked true finales, gore and showmanship took a major step backward, and Bill & Ted hit the gutters.

Here's hoping XXI will be a return to form.

My first year was my favorite overall. I said 20 was a good year but not my favorite. I have talked to numerous people about this and you normally here nothing was a good as there first time. The saddest part about HHN now is in the early years you could go one night catch everything and go at a much slower pass. They had roaming scarectors and only One Set scarezone. You never knew were the chainsaws were going to be and there was not the Incredible Hype that goes along with it now.

I don't see many people who post on here that went before it was Islands or many who have been before 15. So a lot of you have not seen the HUGE changes. HHN is now a formula that is used to keep the lines moving which to do the numbers you have to do that. I myself have been ruined over the years by going to a Big Dollar top rated haunt that you move at your own pace and enjoy everything with out being toe to heel.

I go every year now because I go with a group of people and we enjoy ourselves so HHN now to me is more about the event and the group I am with then the Scares or the theme. Most people are not as lucky as I am to live in area that has big dollar haunts. Octobers Fade and myself just did Huantcon in April and to travel to see what other Haunts are likes out there is truly eye opening. I am lucky to be able to see haunts in April it makes the haunt season seem closer.

These pictures were taken next to a sound stage so I know they probably could be for anything but considering I have seen multiple props stored in this exact same location before I decided to post it here.

It looks to be lighting or sound accessories I guess so again it could be for anything but I thought I would share.

May202011138.jpg

May202011139.jpg

asd.jpg

http://www.imex.com/

http://www.nisconinc.com/